Value of old old liquor

Posted in the Liquor Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Terry

Fort Payne, AL

#1 Oct 7, 2009
We have a few bottles of old liquor and brandy.. for instance, a couple of bottles of brandy made in 1917 and bottled in 1932. Where can I find the value. these have corks with seals neverbroken..
Thanks
Mozilla

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2009
There is no such place.

The value is strictly dependant on what someone is willing to spend.

For someone to set a price...it's pure speculation.

There is no price guide.

Current prices can be found at a liquor store. That is what people are usually willing to spend.

Places like ebay can show you what people have spent in the past...but that is no guide to what the price may be in the future.

There isn't a big demand for old alcoholic products....the market is just way to small.
Karen

Elyria, OH

#3 Jul 9, 2010
We have a bottle a half pint bottle of "Genuine Sour Mash, Old Elk brand Kentucky Straight Whiskey, bottled in Louisville, KY, by W.Whellen & Sons, copyright 1939, 101 proof - states that "this whiskey is 3-1/2 yrs old. Not sure if opened or evaporated over time. Cork in bottle, label partially deteriorated and 1/4 full. Need to know if it has any value?
Mozilla

United States

#4 Jul 14, 2010
If you don't have a full bottle....then the value of your product is close to $0.

For an old bottle to be worth the cost of shipping....it must be in good shape, almost full of the original liquid, and have all the tax stamps and seals intact.

IF, you would like to donate your bottle to a good cause....then send it to the Oscar Getz Museum in Bardstown Ky. They are a non profit whiskey museum in the bourbon heartland.

Keep in mind....there is a ton of good liquor on the shelves in stores currently...which severely lowers the value of really old labels...to a large degree.
Danny

Washington, DC

#5 Jun 5, 2011
I've got a bottle of (1973) bonded Jim beam unopened. Value anyone??
Mozilla

Austin, TX

#6 Jun 6, 2011
Jim Beam whiskey sells for about $20 a bottle. But, you probably knew that already.
Steve

Naugatuck, CT

#7 Jul 7, 2011
I have a bottle of 1969 Chartreuse sealed...and idea on that price range?
Mozilla

Austin, TX

#8 Jul 8, 2011
I would think that the value of Chartreuse, that old, is close to zero. It has never been very popular...especially in the US.
Terri

Birmingham, AL

#9 Apr 30, 2012
I have a bottle of Dant 12 yrs aged whiskey. It has it's tax seal. We find no dates on the bottle. How can I find the value, or appraisel?
mozilla

Austin, TX

#10 May 1, 2012
There is no such place to find value or appraisel of old bottlings.

Best bet is to go to your local liquor store and see what they charge for 12 yr old whiskey. That will give you the current value of whiskey.
steve_mezz

Arroyo Grande, CA

#11 Jun 23, 2012
I have an unopened sealed bottle of Ron Matusalem Cuban Rum. It is from 1910. Is there a market/price for it?
msrose59

Glade Spring, VA

#15 Jul 15, 2012
So basically Mozilla is an expert at NO ONE having anything that's worth a dime? Where DO you get your info?n I am very sure at least a couple of those posts having a value of more than "liquor store price".
mozilla

Austin, TX

#16 Jul 17, 2012
Sorry, if my opinion doesn't jibe with what you think.

Basically,...liquor isn't rare. For a bottle to be worth much more than a few hundred dollars...it needs to have a following or something to raise its value.

Blended whiskies, vodka, liqeuers, cordials...and a few others just aren't worth much.

Also, the bottle, label and contents must be pristine.

Items that might bring good money:
Rare Single Malts, Rare Straight Whiskies, Rare Congacs. Just about everything else tops out in the $200-300 range(when in great condition).

Hope this info helps.
mike

Springfield, MO

#17 Aug 21, 2012
alamaden california brandy how old what's it worth

Since: Apr 11

Silver Spring, MD

#18 Aug 21, 2012
mozilla wrote:
Sorry, if my opinion doesn't jibe with what you think.
Basically,...liquor isn't rare. For a bottle to be worth much more than a few hundred dollars...it needs to have a following or something to raise its value.
Blended whiskies, vodka, liqeuers, cordials...and a few others just aren't worth much.
Also, the bottle, label and contents must be pristine.
Items that might bring good money:
Rare Single Malts, Rare Straight Whiskies, Rare Congacs. Just about everything else tops out in the $200-300 range(when in great condition).
Hope this info helps.
He is right, so don't shot the messenger.
Ron Matusalem Cuban Rum

Olympia, WA

#19 Aug 23, 2012
steve_mezz wrote:
I have an unopened sealed bottle of Ron Matusalem Cuban Rum. It is from 1910. Is there a market/price for it?
Steve, email me at absinthefiend@hotmail.com if you still have this bottle and are interested in selling it. Thanks!
jeremy

New York, NY

#20 Dec 4, 2012
I have a bottle of cognac that i recently was given by an old man. It came from france and could be very old. It has a wax stamp on the front saying reserve de laigon. The front says tres vielle fine cognac with napoleon in large letters and l de lalignace below. It is 40 proof I believe. It is sealed and in great condition! Can anyone help me find its value?
jeremy

New York, NY

#21 Dec 4, 2012
The cap says l.de salignac & co cognac
henry

Miami, FL

#22 Dec 6, 2012
I would be willing to pay you $200.00 for it. Please email me at RadioPollack@gmail.com ...Thanks...I can pay you via paypal or postal money order. Henry
steve_mezz wrote:
steve_mezz

Los Osos, CA

#23 Dec 11, 2012
Hi again everyone! I was originally told it was worth alot, whihis wha rought me here, but for acuplehundred bucks, I'll just drink it. THANKS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liquor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whisky down under: Australian distilleries offe... Nov 23 Foo 1
Sapporo Nov 20 SHlTWORMTAMIKDEBD... 5
Southern "CRYSTAL" Comfort liquor (Apr '09) Nov 20 Ronna 52
Arkansas vote would open up liquor sales Nov 11 Bubba Dump 2
Suck It, Scotland: World's Best Whiskey Is From... Nov 5 Lawrence Wolf 13
Rare Scotch whisky tops world record auction price (Oct '07) Oct 28 wchurst 202
Liquor tax opponents splash bourbon on statehou... (Mar '09) Oct '14 lol 16

Liquor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE