Beer with more buzz would be legal under Senate budget bill

Full story: DispatchPolitics
Ohioans could buy beer with a whopping 18 percent alcohol content under a provision in the state budget proposed today by Senate Republicans. Full Story
Crazy

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 1, 2011
This is crazy!!!! Quoted from article: "People of drinking age are expected to maintain a sense of responsibility for themselves," she said. "For underage drinkers, who for the most part are binge drinkers, having higher alcohol means they just get in trouble faster."

Most people who drink are not responsible now???If anything we should be lowering it???
Here We Go

Swanton, OH

#2 Jun 1, 2011
If the legislature wants to consider raising the alcohol content of beer, fine. However, this has nothing to do with Ohio's budget. This is a great example of legislation at its worst. Sticking anything and everything in budget bills, at the behest of lobbyists, thereby avoid committee hearings and public input should be outlawed.
Bob

Atlanta, GA

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Can I get one of those Utopias in a Foty.
Bob

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 1, 2011
Crazy wrote:
This is crazy!!!! Quoted from article: "People of drinking age are expected to maintain a sense of responsibility for themselves," she said. "For underage drinkers, who for the most part are binge drinkers, having higher alcohol means they just get in trouble faster."
Most people who drink are not responsible now???If anything we should be lowering it???
Nanny stater, crazy is a lib.
Timmy

Dublin, OH

#6 Jun 1, 2011
Crazy wrote:
I don't see you protesting all the cheap vodka that will be WAY cheaper than any high ABV beer and get people intoxicated at faster rate that has been on shelves for YEARS!!! I don't see you doing anything about that.

The truth is these would have limited availability. Couple availability with cost and it will be out of reach of most people who would abuse it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Aug 26 ranger1 112
Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Aug 25 chelsea 15
Flour City Brewfest moves to the Rochester Publ... Aug 22 Anne 2
Pilots warned of runaway beer blimp Apr '14 Dr Reker s Bellhop 6
Granite takes aim at large single beers (Sep '06) Apr '14 Dr mlk jr 7
Southwest Exposure: Texas festival is as much f... Mar '14 Steve 2
I'm almost 60 but shop refused to sell me beer ... Mar '14 Doktor Rock 1
•••

Beer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE