Beer with more buzz would be legal under Senate budget bill

Full story: DispatchPolitics

Ohioans could buy beer with a whopping 18 percent alcohol content under a provision in the state budget proposed today by Senate Republicans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Crazy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

This is crazy!!!! Quoted from article: "People of drinking age are expected to maintain a sense of responsibility for themselves," she said. "For underage drinkers, who for the most part are binge drinkers, having higher alcohol means they just get in trouble faster."

Most people who drink are not responsible now???If anything we should be lowering it???
Here We Go

Whitehouse, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

If the legislature wants to consider raising the alcohol content of beer, fine. However, this has nothing to do with Ohio's budget. This is a great example of legislation at its worst. Sticking anything and everything in budget bills, at the behest of lobbyists, thereby avoid committee hearings and public input should be outlawed.
Bob

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Can I get one of those Utopias in a Foty.
Bob

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Crazy wrote:
This is crazy!!!! Quoted from article: "People of drinking age are expected to maintain a sense of responsibility for themselves," she said. "For underage drinkers, who for the most part are binge drinkers, having higher alcohol means they just get in trouble faster."
Most people who drink are not responsible now???If anything we should be lowering it???
Nanny stater, crazy is a lib.
Timmy

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Crazy wrote:
I don't see you protesting all the cheap vodka that will be WAY cheaper than any high ABV beer and get people intoxicated at faster rate that has been on shelves for YEARS!!! I don't see you doing anything about that.

The truth is these would have limited availability. Couple availability with cost and it will be out of reach of most people who would abuse it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Beer Discussions

Search the Beer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Marcus Schwarz | In Bellevue, alcohol rules are... (Jul '12) Apr 8 Elise Gingrich 2
Texas brewer, once near defeat, shines again (Jul '09) Apr 8 Elise Gingrich 4
Calling all Northwest Beer lovers!!! (Jun '13) Apr 8 Elise Gingrich 2
Southwest Exposure: Texas festival is as much f... Apr 8 Elise Gingrich 3
Peanut Butter Beer: Shouldn't It Exist? (May '12) Apr 8 Creepy Richardson Dude 2
Free Moonshine Tastings in Gatlinburg, Tennessee (May '12) Apr 6 frank 14
I'm almost 60 but shop refused to sell me beer ... Mar 27 Doktor Rock 1
•••
•••
•••
•••