In Europe, skylines reflect the rise of Islam

Jul 26, 2007 Full story: Christian Science Monitor 4,288

“Muslims have come out ... and have become visible”

In the Rhine Valley city of Mannheim, the glittering minaret of Germany's biggest mosque overshadows what was once the region's most vibrant church, testifying to Muslims' new confidence as Christian churches are closing down.

Years ago, 180 sisters of the Catholic order of the Sisters of the Divine Savior were the pulse of the city. Today, eight remain. Every weekend, roughly 150 Roman Catholics attend mass at the Liebfrauen Church, while up to 3,000 Muslims throng the Yavuz-Sultan-Selim mosque. Since the mosque was opened in 1995, Muslim shops and youth centers have become a magnet for the Muslim community. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 215
Next Last
fresno

Pakistan

#1 Jul 26, 2007
It will happen as in Milan Italy where bomb making liquids were found inside the mosque recently and the Imam along with 3 others were arrested.The same happened in U.K where mosques were misused.Mosques misuse can be a security threat to any society.
Proud American

Gilbertsville, PA

#2 Jul 27, 2007
that's easily solved, tear em down.
American

Springfield, MO

#3 Jul 27, 2007
Proud American wrote:
that's easily solved, tear em down.
Yes and deport this Satanic moon cult out of Europe! But then as The Lord Jesus said in the end times these evils would come. Are you listening Europe?
SMILE

London, UK

#4 Jul 27, 2007
American wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and deport this Satanic moon cult out of Europe! But then as The Lord Jesus said in the end times these evils would come. Are you listening Europe?
Ye Europe r u listening the f**king americans r coming with al-qaeda
white peasant

Perth, Australia

#5 Jul 27, 2007
Listening europe?!!! Have you been listening europeans are out for themselves they dont care about each other, there is no europe only european countries and polititians.
They do not see any issues that affects one country affecting another.
Devid and conquare.

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 27, 2007
The "old" Europe is a gonner. They embraced multiculturalism, free immigration, and child-free lives and now, soon, we will hear the Muslim call to prayer from the spires of Notre Dame.
william

UK

#7 Jul 27, 2007
Looks like only Americans and Australians are worried about Europe!!

They must be so bored...
chb

Painter, VA

#8 Jul 27, 2007
European Christian birthrate declines as Muslims there proliferate. Sounds bad for Christianity, but the old faith is rageing through sub-Sahara Africa, India and even China. Islam is growing faster, but both are growing and islam as a long way to go to catch up.

charles, http;//humanpurpose.simplenet. com
Express

Pakistan

#9 Jul 28, 2007
Hope Europe wakes up and does not fall in the hands of Jihadis.Thats the agenda. To much religious pluralism of Europe can also lead to distruction in the hands of jihadis who will capitalize on it.

Since: Jul 07

sheffield

#12 Jul 28, 2007
Aussie Aryan wrote:
USA/Australia concerned about Europe? HA HA WILLIAM, why should we give a shit, Europe is going to be Eurabia in 20-30 years time.
We don't give a f*** about Europe.
And we don't give a s*** about the stupid poms either, F*** YOU BRITAIN.
your comments are hilarious,as a white australian where do you think your heritage comes from.And if you are so anti european why would you name yourself as an aryan,where do you think that term comes from?and what does it describe?dont know why im bothering but you are a fool
william

UK

#13 Jul 28, 2007
Aussie Aryan = Soldier of Denmark = Ole of Norway = Greek Guy = Spanish Warrior = Nikos = Greek Pride = Chris = Croatian Pride.

Those are your various names to spead rubbish on forums!

We don't need to give you another platform for your racist propaganda.

Yous are just the mouthpiece of the BNP!!!

And I bet you don't know what's an aryan either!!!
KSF

Riverside, CA

#14 Jul 28, 2007
chb wrote:
European Christian birthrate declines as Muslims there proliferate. Sounds bad for Christianity, but the old faith is rageing through sub-Sahara Africa, India and even China. Islam is growing faster, but both are growing and islam as a long way to go to catch up.
charles, http;//humanpurpose.simplenet. com
Along the southern border of America, Mexicans are breeding families of 8 to 12 children. I know of one Mexican woman who has had 12 or 13 children. She is still skinny as gumby. My point is, Mexicans are overwhelmingly Catholic. We have a LOT of mosques being built here but the Muslims just can't compete with the rising tide of Mexicans. Personally, I think mosques are beautiful - there is a new one a stone's throw away from here with a tin-like dome. I've found Muslims to be very nice and I welcome their mosques as a counterbalance to all of the illegals and liquor stores proliferating throughout this region.
Jack

Seattle, WA

#16 Jul 28, 2007
Islam is like a virus. As soon as their numbers grow to a certain level, they will impose Sharia Law and kill you, the host.
Then they will spread to a new land and the virus will start to multiply again. Islam is the AIDS of all religions. The end result is always the same - death of the host body.
Jack

Seattle, WA

#17 Jul 28, 2007
william wrote:
Aussie Aryan = Soldier of Denmark = Ole of Norway = Greek Guy = Spanish Warrior = Nikos = Greek Pride = Chris = Croatian Pride.
Those are your various names to spead rubbish on forums!
We don't need to give you another platform for your racist propaganda.
Yous are just the mouthpiece of the BNP!!!
And I bet you don't know what's an aryan either!!!
These peolple are all HERO'S , as they are not afraid to tell it like it is. Islam is the AIDS of all religions.
Jack

Seattle, WA

#18 Jul 28, 2007
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the southern border of America, Mexicans are breeding families of 8 to 12 children. I know of one Mexican woman who has had 12 or 13 children. She is still skinny as gumby. My point is, Mexicans are overwhelmingly Catholic. We have a LOT of mosques being built here but the Muslims just can't compete with the rising tide of Mexicans. Personally, I think mosques are beautiful - there is a new one a stone's throw away from here with a tin-like dome. I've found Muslims to be very nice and I welcome their mosques as a counterbalance to all of the illegals and liquor stores proliferating throughout this region.
Mexicans have signed up and joined the war, while muslims are cowards who kill their own neighbors with bombs, poison and terrorism. The muslims just want to live in America and destroy the country. The mexicans are hard workers and are not afraid to fight and prove themselves. The muslims are unpatriotic cowards.
I am a white American and I tell you, that I would take a mexican over a muslim anyday. The muslims must be deported , as they are just like a virus. Muslims are poison. At least the Mexicans make a good tasting beer and work vary hard. Muslims are lazy. The mosqes
are the temples of SATAN. I like Mexicans.
Proud American

Gilbertsville, PA

#20 Jul 28, 2007
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the southern border of America, Mexicans are breeding families of 8 to 12 children. I know of one Mexican woman who has had 12 or 13 children. She is still skinny as gumby. My point is, Mexicans are overwhelmingly Catholic. We have a LOT of mosques being built here but the Muslims just can't compete with the rising tide of Mexicans. Personally, I think mosques are beautiful - there is a new one a stone's throw away from here with a tin-like dome. I've found Muslims to be very nice and I welcome their mosques as a counterbalance to all of the illegals and liquor stores proliferating throughout this region.
stfu - what did some mexican turn down your advances?
pom in australia

Perth, Australia

#21 Jul 28, 2007
william wrote:
Aussie Aryan = Soldier of Denmark = Ole of Norway = Greek Guy = Spanish Warrior = Nikos = Greek Pride = Chris = Croatian Pride.
Those are your various names to spead rubbish on forums!
We don't need to give you another platform for your racist propaganda.
Yous are just the mouthpiece of the BNP!!!
And I bet you don't know what's an aryan either!!!
Aussie aryan only commented becouse he fell for you gulable comment about only aussie and usa care about europe crap.
Your the one who shouts the propaganda crap.
Again you mention the BNP and you have no IDEA "IM MEAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA". what the parties about. Just becouse you tell us your kids are half asian/chinease you think everyone else is bad!! grow a brain. Iv asked you and i ask you again go to BNP web site and show me This so called propaganda or racist speeches.(have a good look they migth give you a link to another site were the majore parties arrest rates are noted, Talk about 3% of the criminals ruling 97% of the people.)
Yet we know your rather egnore me, a shame as we should try to see other view points, not just the ones we think we know or told is true.
pom in australia

Perth, Australia

#22 Jul 28, 2007
KSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Along the southern border of America, Mexicans are breeding families of 8 to 12 children. I know of one Mexican woman who has had 12 or 13 children. She is still skinny as gumby. My point is, Mexicans are overwhelmingly Catholic. We have a LOT of mosques being built here but the Muslims just can't compete with the rising tide of Mexicans. Personally, I think mosques are beautiful - there is a new one a stone's throw away from here with a tin-like dome. I've found Muslims to be very nice and I welcome their mosques as a counterbalance to all of the illegals and liquor stores proliferating throughout this region.
\
Thats great but when they beat you up or threaten you to leave (if you are a man). Then your wont be so caring on how clean there buildings are and well dressed they are (they usally dress well).
Iv been threatened back in the UK and in australia by muslims.
In australia i went to the police who told me "Well dont go there then".
pom in australia

Perth, Australia

#23 Jul 28, 2007
Aussie Aryan wrote:
USA/Australia concerned about Europe? HA HA WILLIAM, why should we give a shit, Europe is going to be Eurabia in 20-30 years time.
We don't give a f*** about Europe.
And we don't give a s*** about the stupid poms either, F*** YOU BRITAIN.
Dont be so gulable, dont blame everyone just couse what one person said.
pom in australia

Perth, Australia

#24 Jul 28, 2007
Express wrote:
Hope Europe wakes up and does not fall in the hands of Jihadis.Thats the agenda. To much religious pluralism of Europe can also lead to distruction in the hands of jihadis who will capitalize on it.
I find your comments interesting. What religion are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 215
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Giessen, Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curtain, flag drop on Giessen (Nov '07) Jul '14 john manning 73
German research centre widens misconduct probe (Jan '11) Jan '11 army 19th mainten... 1
Neven Pajkic vs. Andreas Sidon on 10/30 (Nov '10) Nov '10 power of serbs 3
Chrome Division Joined By Susperia Frontman (Aug '09) Oct '09 Phantom 2
Criticism of 'Totalitarian Methods': Jehovah's ... (Jun '09) Jul '09 Dee 51
Susperia's Athera To Perform With Chrome Divisi... (Apr '09) Apr '09 A_v_A 1
where are you !! (Nov '08) Nov '08 ROBERT GUINN 1

Giessen, Germany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE