Sisters behind SL McFadin craft ranch-inspired handbags in tiny town of Sabinal

Oct 5, 2010 Full story: Dallas Morning News 15

In the tumbleweed town of Sabinal just west of San Antonio, two sisters are designing and producing a collection of fringed leather handbags and studded clutches that's been scooped up by LA power boutiques Fred Segal and Kitson; photographed on Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, Taylor Swift and Kim Kardashian; and touted in Us Weekly, People and ...

Full Story
haha

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Those sisters are emotionally disturbed.
fromtown

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2010
How do we know it is not you that are disturbed. At least they work and are successful. You are showing your ignorance they don't even have to work.
crazy

United States

#3 Oct 9, 2010
I know someone who got fired from there for sneezing.
please

United States

#4 Oct 9, 2010
those girls are nothing but snobby & stuck up spoiled brats!they dont know the true meaning of hard work..thats why anyone who works for them gets belittled in some way or they get fired!RACISM at its best!!!!
Huh

San Antonio, TX

#5 Oct 9, 2010
Don't know the meaning of hard work??? They run their own business how is that not hard work???
Poor Pedro

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2010
please wrote:
those girls are nothing but snobby & stuck up spoiled brats!they dont know the true meaning of hard work..thats why anyone who works for them gets belittled in some way or they get fired!RACISM at its best!!!!
Think about what you said!
U must be another Sabinal lazy-ass Medkin.
These girls have "earned" right to be snobby & stuck up! They own the business that they starte from the ground-up and made it successful!
What have you do in your life? Oh! I'm sorry,#1) I forgot you have been having babies (breeder) since high school.#2) You are collecting Welfare.#3) Sitting on you fat-ass critizing the people that have made good of their life.
The people that work for them more than likely deserve the treatmdent they get....for being dumb-asses.
old buddy

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2010
Every family has issues. These girls are no exception, anyone that has ever worked for them knows exactly what im talking about. Wonder if the rest of the world knew how they treat each other, would they still be praised???
Dr Evil

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Poor Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about what you said!
U must be another Sabinal lazy-ass Medkin.
These girls have "earned" right to be snobby & stuck up! They own the business that they starte from the ground-up and made it successful!
What have you do in your life? Oh! I'm sorry,#1) I forgot you have been having babies (breeder) since high school.#2) You are collecting Welfare.#3) Sitting on you fat-ass critizing the people that have made good of their life.
The people that work for them more than likely deserve the treatmdent they get....for being dumb-asses.
to whom it may concern--1st off, I'm 30 years old, never been married, have no kids, have never collected Welfare, and graduated from Sabinal high. Maybe I still do live with my parents but at least I have a respectful job(healthcare)-so don't be calling me a lazy-ass Mexican. 2nd-regardless of how "good" someones life is, their success should not be a reason to be so stuck-up and snobby. the owners need to grow up instead of acting like little two year olds, If you treat your workers like shit, then they will not respect you. Just like you(the owners) want to be respected-you need to show your employees some respect........
Even though we have the right to free speech and free will-NOBODY has 'EARNED' the right to be snobby and stuck-up.... Learn to RESPECT others and maybe,just maybe others will respect you. Treat everyone with the same respect and dignity that you would want to be treated with. A boss that shows respect for his/her workers will be given respect in return.
right on

San Antonio, TX

#9 Oct 13, 2010
You hit the nail on the head.
Dr Evil wrote:
<quoted text>to whom it may concern--1st off, I'm 30 years old, never been married, have no kids, have never collected Welfare, and graduated from Sabinal high. Maybe I still do live with my parents but at least I have a respectful job(healthcare)-so don't be calling me a lazy-ass Mexican. 2nd-regardless of how "good" someones life is, their success should not be a reason to be so stuck-up and snobby. the owners need to grow up instead of acting like little two year olds, If you treat your workers like shit, then they will not respect you. Just like you(the owners) want to be respected-you need to show your employees some respect........
Even though we have the right to free speech and free will-NOBODY has 'EARNED' the right to be snobby and stuck-up.... Learn to RESPECT others and maybe,just maybe others will respect you. Treat everyone with the same respect and dignity that you would want to be treated with. A boss that shows respect for his/her workers will be given respect in return.
Lol

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Dr Evil wrote:
<quoted text>to whom it may concern--1st off, I'm 30 years old, never been married, have no kids, have never collected Welfare, and graduated from Sabinal high. Maybe I still do live with my parents but at least I have a respectful job(healthcare)-so don't be calling me a lazy-ass Mexican. 2nd-regardless of how "good" someones life is, their success should not be a reason to be so stuck-up and snobby. the owners need to grow up instead of acting like little two year olds, If you treat your workers like shit, then they will not respect you. Just like you(the owners) want to be respected-you need to show your employees some respect........
Even though we have the right to free speech and free will-NOBODY has 'EARNED' the right to be snobby and stuck-up.... Learn to RESPECT others and maybe,just maybe others will respect you. Treat everyone with the same respect and dignity that you would want to be treated with. A boss that shows respect for his/her workers will be given respect in return.
I wouldn't be proud to be 30 and living with my parents.
pinchepapa

United States

#11 Nov 6, 2010
Sounds to me like you are one of the employees that got ran off for stealing from them dumba$$.
I am 48 and still live at home and have everything I ever wanted help my mom and dad with there bills I dont live of theme and proud of it.Health care o wow anybody can get one of those Jobs and lay around and get fat.
Dr Evil

United States

#12 Nov 7, 2010
pinchepapa wrote:
Sounds to me like you are one of the employees that got ran off for stealing from them dumba$$.
I am 48 and still live at home and have everything I ever wanted help my mom and dad with there bills I dont live of theme and proud of it.Health care o wow anybody can get one of those Jobs and lay around and get fat.
for starters#1-I'm not fat!!!
#2-I aint no thief!!#3- I have never worked for those ladies, but I do know alot about respect and showing respect to authority. If a business owner expects to be respected, he or she needs to give at least some respect to the employees. If an employer treats his/her employees like trash then they will have a tendecy to resent the bosses, and are more apt to vandalize and/or steal from the company.- THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE..........
oh and off the record you have the nerve to insinuate that I lay around and get fat, yet I'm only 30 years old and you are how old??? 48yrs and living with parents
texmex

Houston, TX

#13 Jan 26, 2011
BOTH OF YOU SHUT THE F&8K UP . damn you are some dumb son of bitches arguing over a bunch of nothing .... Your fat ! no your fat ! i live with my mom no i live with my mom . what the hell is this 1st grade ! who f&*#ing cares , f&*k you guys are some grown ass adults living with parents fighting over dumbsh*t .. now both of you go to your rooms before i tell your mother to spank you with the belt ....
Dr _Tex

Leeds, AL

#14 Aug 22, 2012
Who allows these types of comments? The FCA should ban all those ugly comments. They are derogatory and racist!
Spectre

San Antonio, TX

#15 Aug 22, 2012
Dr Evil wrote:
<quoted text>to whom it may concern--1st off, I'm 30 years old, never been married, have no kids, have never collected Welfare, and graduated from Sabinal high. Maybe I still do live with my parents but at least I have a respectful job(healthcare)-so don't be calling me a lazy-ass Mexican. 2nd-regardless of how "good" someones life is, their success should not be a reason to be so stuck-up and snobby. the owners need to grow up instead of acting like little two year olds, If you treat your workers like shit, then they will not respect you. Just like you(the owners) want to be respected-you need to show your employees some respect........
Even though we have the right to free speech and free will-NOBODY has 'EARNED' the right to be snobby and stuck-up.... Learn to RESPECT others and maybe,just maybe others will respect you. Treat everyone with the same respect and dignity that you would want to be treated with. A boss that shows respect for his/her workers will be given respect in return.
Judging others on something you know "0" about. When you employ people to work you pay them to work! How in the hell do you RESPECT someone that is not working when they are being paid by U to work?
You are "one*dumb*ass*meskin " !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 min What I say xoxo 18,763
Change A Letter Game (Nov '12) 1 hr 75 Scorpio 839
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Liberal forever 22,763
CDC: First U.S. case of Ebola virus diagnosed i... 1 hr none_of_the_above 1
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 597
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 382
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 693

Dallas News Video

Dallas Jobs

Dallas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dallas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dallas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]