Cleburne Man Calls 911 After Train Severs Legs

Full story: KTVT Fort Worth

CLEBURNE A rail yard worker who lost his legs when a train ran over him used a cell phone to report that he was trapped and had been "cut in two." Truman Duncan, 36, remained in critical condition Wednesday at ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated May 21, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Marilyn Gardner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Does anyone have a condition report newer than June 28? Those of us who are praying for him and his family would like to know.
Mexican Hillbilly

Barnesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Marilyn Gardner wrote:
Does anyone have a condition report newer than June 28? Those of us who are praying for him and his family would like to know.
My Uncle David was married to a Marilyn Gardner in Cedar Grove.
A Friend

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Marilyn Gardner wrote:
Truman Duncan is stable and progressing well with his injuries. Your prayers have been effective and are appreciated.
Matilda

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Wow, I saw this on the TV news the other night. My goodness what a brave, brave man. I wish all the good luck to him and pray for him too. He is a true hero. Best wishes to him and his family.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carter Family of Oklahoma

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2006

Mr. Truman Duncan, we are touched and inspired by your bravery and your beautiful heart. Even in the face of death you were kind, courteous and strong. We are so impressed with your character. You are in our prayers. We know God will use you to do many mighty things in the future. God bless you and your family immensely.
Not a Liberal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2006

Have you SEEN this?

"Can you believe that?" asked 911 dispatcher Connie Taylor. "He had the presence of mind, under a train, hurt, to call 911."

But he did not have the presence of mind to aviod a TRAIN?!

I smell a rat. He was pushed, tricked, or flat out untrained.(No pun intended) Don't they have Unions in TX? An 8 yr old could avoid this so-called 'accident'.

There is more to this story-trust me.
Mia

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2006

Not a Liberal wrote:
Have you SEEN this?
"Can you believe that?" asked 911 dispatcher Connie Taylor. "He had the presence of mind, under a train, hurt, to call 911."
I smell a rat. He was pushed, tricked, or flat out untrained.(No pun intended) Don't they have Unions in TX? An 8 yr old could avoid this so-called 'accident'.
There are actually many accidents that happen to people who do this kind of work. It is not as uncommon as you might think. This particular accident is under investigation but accidents do happen in the train yards.
I am in awe or shock at the insensitivity of the 8 yr old comment. There IS more to this story and OSHA is investigating.
family member

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2006

Not a Liberal wrote:
Have you SEEN this?
How heartless & ignorant of you to make judgment on a situation you know nothing of except what you have read! Federal Railway Administration data shows there were 22 fatalities and 143 injuries in Texas during the first three months of 2006 for all types of railroad accidents, with no injuries in Johnson County. In 2005, there were 72 fatalities and 641 injuries, including eight injuries in Johnson County.Accidents happen every day...you never know when one might happen to you!!
On a more positive note...to those of you who are praying for Truman...the family appreciates your concerns & prayers. They are being answered as Truman is still alive...a miracle in itself. Thank you & God Bless.
louise

Burnley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2006

Oh,how horrific! The poor man,hope he's still doing ok.God bless him
Jorge

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2006

In reading about this horrible accident* in MSNBC, I listened to the actual 911 call via the link on that page.

Mr. Duncan is certainly a strong man and, apparently, a man of character REGARDLESS of the situation!

It is Tuesday evening, July 4, and I too would like to know about the condition/progress of Mr. Duncan. May the Lord allow this man to heal and to have his life restored towards many and much better days.

*.- An accident which I understand can and DO happen as such. I regret reading a previous and disrespectful (more as in ignorant) comment made about there being "something else" or "behind" this tragic mishap.
Mary-Lou

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

I would like to know how the guy is doing run over by the train my heart goes out to him
Mary-Lou

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

Hi I am from canada and wondering how truman is doing I feel so bad for him he is very courages .I think about him all the time.
Barb

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

Hi, I'm yet another concerned person from Canada and would just like to give Mr. Truman and his family all my love, my support and to let them know I'm praying for all of them ... Mr. Truman is an inspiration to all and he is in all of our hearts!!
family member

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

Barb wrote:
Hi, I'm yet another concerned person from Canada and would just like to give Mr. Truman and his family all my love, my support and to let them know I'm praying for all of them ... Mr. Truman is an inspiration to all and he is in all of our hearts!!
Thank you all for your prayers & concern. Please coninue to pray for Truman. He is still in serious, but stable condition. God Bless.
texas friends

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

I will keep Truman Duncan and family in my prayers. I think he is so brave. He is such an inspiration of courage and faith. God Bless him and his family.
Ashley

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2006

Marilyn Gardner wrote:
My name is Ashley Rice. The man who was injured is my step-brothers father. I found out about the accident last night and I was told he is doing a little better. He has had operations every day since the accident. Thank you for your prayers. God-bless
Jennifer Kale

Sunbury, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2006

Not a Liberal wrote:
Have you SEEN this?
Whoever you are you shouldl be ashamed for your comments. This brave man is my cousin who has survivied an enormous life-changing tragedy. Who are you to belittle him with your comments. What if it were one of your loved ones? You truely are an a**hole!
Not a Liberal

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2006

I STILL maintain that there is A LOT more to this story-call me heartless, call me hateful, call me all you want. The story (as written) defies logic.

I still think he was pushed-and all you here who call yourselves family members...members of which family? The pusher or the pushee.
Mommy of four

Round Rock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2006

Not a Liberal wrote:
I STILL maintain that there is A LOT more to this story-call me heartless, call me hateful, call me all you want. The story (as written) defies logic.
I still think he was pushed-and all you here who call yourselves family members...members of which family? The pusher or the pushee.
That's more than enough on your part Not a Liberal. This man was cut in two and all you can think of is there's more to the story than the little article reported. I'm sure there is a whole lots more to any report, this man could have been killed on the spot but his courage and strength kept him alive for his family, friends and loved ones. Come on, have a heart! We will be praying for both of you...God will help you understand what you wrote. You might have meant to word it differently but the way you wrote it down is cruel and not very pleasant to read. I have walked on train tracks most of my life and know you can trip at any given moment, the gravel, the rails, the cross ties the tracks are laid on...think about it, please. The family deserves an apology because you sound like a crooked attorney trying to be hired onto the case...
Not a Liberal

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2006

Mommy,

Clearly you don't get it at all. We have here an incident (or as I posit: a crime) that SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. Flowers, cards, prayers and sympathy will not prevent more from occuring. Honestly, I don't doubt your SINCERITY about how you feel. But feelings don't solve problems.

It may make many people feel good to say how sad they are, how sympathetic they are...sending prayers. I believe they are sincere in this case. I believe they will be equally sincere the next time and the time after that...

Maybe wanting to know the WHY of it is: "That's more than enough on your part Not a Liberal." More than enough for you, Mommy, but not for me.

Nice chatting

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dallas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 6 hr fubar 22,183
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 9 hr Awesome 17,709
AT&T Premises Technician Pay?... (Oct '07) 9 hr techy 7,860
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 13 hr clara 507
Just Brakes Is A Scam (Jan '12) 18 hr Roger 28
Roofers rip shingles from wrong house (May '08) Tue Lone Star Man 59
City of Dallas Approves of Sex Club-Look Other Way (Sep '10) Tue Ron Jeremy 70

Search the Dallas Forum:
•••

Dallas News Video

•••
•••

Dallas Jobs

•••