Chris Kirwan Says: Tour doubters are not dopes

Jul 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: South Wales Argus

THE expletives flew from Bradley Wiggins' mouth like bullets from a Tommy Gun on Sunday evening in response to suggestions that his success was down to doping.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2012
Brian Wronski

Palma De Mallorca, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Good on Bradley ...... He's a super standout athlete multiple world champion, the fact that he is now a winner on the road is down to pure hard work and talent ...... As well as there being a lot less doping cheats around than a few years ago in the peloton !
Gus

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Brian Wronski wrote:
Good on Bradley ...... He's a super standout athlete multiple world champion, the fact that he is now a winner on the road is down to pure hard work and talent ...... As well as there being a lot less doping cheats around than a few years ago in the peloton !
...Lance also trained and worked hard.I remember seeing on TV he climbed one of the great Cols in training,6 repeats in pouring rain,whereas the rest of his Team climbed only once,now if that isn't pure hard work I can't imagine what else is.Le Tour was Lance's specialty and In opinion I believe him to be clean and Wiggins will also be be found to be clean...Vive Le Tour!
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 12, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Agreed that Bradley Wiggins is a good cyclist considering that he showed himself a great cyclist on the Track and so far in the TT on the road.

Best keep the mention of doping out of here for now since the French Police already busted and arrested one of the Cofidice riders during the first week for having drugs with him in his hotel room.

The reporters are already asking Braddley Wiggins about doping and he gave a great reply back to them. But, it doesn't answer the question anymore then it ever did for anyone else and we all know only too well how many cheats in the past yelled NO and then later on admitted to cheating.
Athos

Bath, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 13, 2012
 
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas wrote:
Agreed that Bradley Wiggins is a good cyclist considering that he showed himself a great cyclist on the Track and so far in the TT on the road.
Best keep the mention of doping out of here for now since the French Police already busted and arrested one of the Cofidice riders during the first week for having drugs with him in his hotel room.
The reporters are already asking Braddley Wiggins about doping and he gave a great reply back to them. But, it doesn't answer the question anymore then it ever did for anyone else and we all know only too well how many cheats in the past yelled NO and then later on admitted to cheating.
TRACK and TT!!!! where have you been, you must have your head up your bot
try this
To date his biggest wins have been consecutive victories at the Critérium du Dauphiné in 2011 and 2012, the 2012 Paris–Nice, the first British winner of the race in 45 years, and the 2012 Tour de Romandie. Wiggins finished 3rd in the 2011 Vuelta a España, becoming one of three British riders to make the podium in a Grand Tour. Ten days later, Wiggins won the silver medal in the Time Trial at the World Road Cycling Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark. Wiggins was part of the Great Britain team that helped Mark Cavendish win the 2011 UCI World Road Race Championship.
Oh and not forgetting 4th in the TDF
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 13, 2012
 
Athos wrote:
<quoted text>TRACK and TT!!!! where have you been, you must have your head up your bot
try this
To date his biggest wins have been consecutive victories at the Critérium du Dauphiné in 2011 and 2012, the 2012 Paris–Nice, the first British winner of the race in 45 years, and the 2012 Tour de Romandie. Wiggins finished 3rd in the 2011 Vuelta a España, becoming one of three British riders to make the podium in a Grand Tour. Ten days later, Wiggins won the silver medal in the Time Trial at the World Road Cycling Championships in Copenhagen, Denmark. Wiggins was part of the Great Britain team that helped Mark Cavendish win the 2011 UCI World Road Race Championship.
Oh and not forgetting 4th in the TDF
Hey Chris, I'm guessing that you still have your head up your butt since the 2006 TDF.

Have you forgotten that we don't get the European television coverage here in the US because it's not American.

If I remember correctly, even Gus gets better coverasge then we do.

My wife tried to watch a British program on the computer the other day and even then we were not able to get that as well.

I was just pointing out a few factors, not writing a biography.

But, I do understand your point as you Brits must be hungry and would like to see your first Tour de France winner.

If Bradley Wiggins wins the TDF, my whole neighborhood will hear it just as they heard it everyime Lance Armstrong won.
My Opinion_El Paso_Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 13, 2012
 
And I believe that Cris Kirwin wrote an excellent article.

And I believe that Bradley Wiggins really put it into excellent perspective as he pointed out his history and background that's pushing him in staying clean.

I had totally forgotten that he had been on the Cofordis team and that he shit canned his cycling kit there at the airport really made an impact to me.

Tommy Simpson is looking down and rooting like crazy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cycling Discussions

Search the Cycling Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Pagcor's homegrown artists take center stage th... Jul 27 shirley oliva 1
Last week,i bought a very cheap cycling jersey (Sep '10) Jul 25 Jeremy 2
Hope 2014 Tour is Clean Jul 18 Cyclingfan 1
Not Even Lance Deserves This (Dec '13) Jul 3 DCDierking 38
Colleagues pays tribute to 'committed' councillor May '14 GTA Toronto 1
Shadows on the Road, by Michael Barry Apr '14 Donna OBrien 1
Cycling: Lance Armstrong 'still lying' says USA... (Jan '13) Apr '14 Carly Jane 2 27
•••
•••
•••