Six Wolves Found Dead in Wisconsin

Dec 10, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSAW

A signal from a radio collar alerted a pilot with the state Department of Natural Resources to the first of six wolves found dead the day before and during Wisconsin's gun deer season.

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Fond du Lac

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

More wolf haters breaking the law, I hope they find you and nail your you know what the wall, better still send them to prison and they bunk with the big boys they won't seem so tough then.
AnnDee

Winchester, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

It's likely hunters are blameing the low deer hunt this year on bears and wolves.
This year because of the low deer hunt, shelters and food kitchens are going need extra donations of protein.
The deer hunt in Wisconsin is the primary source of protein for many shelters.
STEP FORWARD and help!
Fuzzy

Hillsboro, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Judged:

Thank God there should be 200 found dead !! they are not needed in wis
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

muskyhusky wrote:
More wolf haters breaking the law, I hope they find you and nail your you know what the wall, better still send them to prison and they bunk with the big boys they won't seem so tough then.
Go for a leisurely nature stroll in the Nicolet Forest this weekend. When the wolf pack surrounds you, just watch their beauty and grace as the wolves rip the flesh off of you while you lay there dying, miles from any help. How majestic these wonders of nature- with blood dripping from their chins. Ahhh, the circle of life. How beautiful!
some guy

Newton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

hey bunza galore, you better be careful, with a name like MUSKYHUSKY, you just might get "your you know what" kicked! I think she could pass for one of those "big boys" from prison!
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

No, guy. Let's stick to the topic. No offense. These animals will kill and eat. That is what they do. What they kill and eat doesn't matter to them. When they are hungry, they FEED. That is what they do.
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

AnnDee wrote:
The deer hunt in Wisconsin is the primary source of protein for many shelters.
STEP FORWARD and help!
Sorry, dude. The deer hunt in Wisconsin is the primary source of protein for my freezer. I'll be darned if I'm giving it away!
PSD IN WI

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

bunza galore wrote:
No, guy. Let's stick to the topic. No offense. These animals will kill and eat. That is what they do. What they kill and eat doesn't matter to them. When they are hungry, they FEED. That is what they do.
The tru nature of these beast's are to KILL whether for food, or for sport. They are wiping out whole heards of elk and deer out west in killing frenzys with out eating any of them.
They where amost killed off for a reason.
Kill em all for all I care.
Brian

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Care to elaborate on that, Brain?
Ronda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE. YOU ARE SOUNDING VERY DUMB. KILLING THINGS THAT WERE HERE BEFIRE YOU. WE ARE CLOSING THEM OUT, WHAT CHOICE DO THEY HAVE..... DO PEOPLE SAY LETS KILL YOU FOR SOUNDING STUPID. GROW UP.
Brian

West Bend, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Sure I do Bunka galore,

Here is your quote. Go for a leisurely nature stroll in the Nicolet Forest this weekend. When the wolf pack surrounds you, just watch their beauty and grace as the wolves rip the flesh off of you while you lay there dying, miles from any help. How majestic these wonders of nature- with blood dripping from their chins. Ahhh, the circle of life. How beautiful!

I would say that your depiction (above) is far more characteristic of FICTIONAL werewolf movies than anything that has ever occurred in the Nicolet National Forest. I have been in that forest many times by the way. But if it will make you feel better you might want to hunt with silver bullets just to make sure you are safe. Happy hunting.
Brian

West Bend, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

I also find it very funny that Bunka Galore spells my name Brain instead of Brian. Freudian slip perhaps? I do realize that the wolf packs in Oak Creek are substantial and therefore this topic is far more relevant to you than to others.
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

BRAIN-
I'm sorry, I don't watch fictional werewolf movies because I don't believe in Bu11sh!#.

I say we wait until dark and you and I stand in the Nicolet Forest. You'll be the only one there because I won't do it!
bunza galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2010

Ronda wrote:
I THINK YOU SHOULD THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE. YOU ARE SOUNDING VERY DUMB. KILLING THINGS THAT WERE HERE BEFIRE YOU. WE ARE CLOSING THEM OUT, WHAT CHOICE DO THEY HAVE..... DO PEOPLE SAY LETS KILL YOU FOR SOUNDING STUPID. GROW UP.
You so grown up, you go stand in the woods in the dark. You might not make it out.
Bunza Galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Brian wrote:
I think some of these people have been watching werewolf movies and thinking it was a documentary on wolves. I am amazed at how many people talk without knowing anything.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) A schoolteacher found dead this week near a remote Alaska village was probably killed by wolves, Alaska State Troopers said on Thursday.

The fatal attack could be the first on U.S. soil in more than 50 years. Attacks by wild wolves, rather than wolves kept as pets, are extremely rare, numbering no more than a handful a decade, mostly in Canada and Russia.

Candice Berner, a 32-year-old teacher and avid jogger who traveled to several rural schools in Alaska, was found dead on Monday along a road near Chignik Lake, a Native Alutiiq village about 475 miles southwest of Anchorage.

Snowmobilers found her severely mauled body in a pool of blood and multiple wolf tracks in the snow, according to officials. The State Medical Examiner said the cause of death was "multiple injuries due to animal mauling."

You want to apologize to me now or later, Brain?
PSD IN WI

Menomonee Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Ronda wrote:
Whats a bifire???????
Bunza Galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

No, that was a befire. You know, when the hive accidentally catches fire. befire.
Bunza Galore

Kingsland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2010

Brain needs to be kochslapped.
Denny

Alma Center, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

Judged:

People here before us got rid of the wolves for many reasons, and were glad to be rid of them. they are predators, which means anything they can catch is a meal, chickens, lambs, deer, your pets, your child, Especially with most of the natural wild habitat taken away. Why the Department of natural retards brought them back here is beyond imagination. There will be more dead wolves found if any come around my place, as well as the cougars. I won't take a chance with my children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vilas County Discussions

Search the Vilas County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Studenec assessed 6 1/2 years' prison for sexua... (Aug '08) May '14 The Truth 12
A safe crossing or not? (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bob 2
Man dies after bar fight (Feb '08) Feb '12 saturnsl196 43
Nude photo case on hold (Oct '11) Nov '11 concerned 2
Cornerstone custom builders (Apr '11) Apr '11 bob 1
Lac Du Flambeau Police Department Seeks armed S... (Oct '10) Oct '10 favorite neice 1
Boaters will find record-low lakes (Jun '10) Jun '10 Little Forker 1
•••
•••