Mother of dead infant is charged

Mar 5, 2008 | Posted by: Belleville News-Democrat | Full story: Belleville News-Democrat

By Beth Hundsdorfer --

BELLEVILLE-- The mother of a 5-month-old baby who was beaten to death last month was charged with endangering the health of a child after police said she shot up heroin while she, the baby and her toddler sister were in the back seat of a car.

Kayla L. Frazier, 23, of 1001 Belle Valley Drive, Belleville, was charged Friday after police learned that the man charged in the death of the baby, Alayna Frazier, injected the mother with heroin, Belleville Assistant Police Chief Roger Barfield said. Read more

Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
libby

Ellsinore, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

Good! That girl is a disgrace to all mothers & females in general!
Monica Cochran

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Judged:

You don't even know what your talking about. Millions of mothers and fathers in the US do drugs everyday and it doesn't affect their parenting skills. Just because she experimented with drugs didnt give that monster the right kill her baby. Tell me honestly, you've never smoked a joint? I guess it's just easier to sit back and judge everyone else. I am a personal friend of Kaylas and she is far from a junkie. She is a single mom who works and goes to school full time. Do you think it would have made any difference? Alayna was MURDERED by someone she trusted and thought was a friend. Hell she knew him for ten years. Don't you think she would have done something to prevent this if she knew it was going to happen? To think anything other than that is just sick. Just so you don't think i'm only sticking up for my friend the guy who did this is my blood cousin. Guess waters thicker than blood this time sister. Kayla is a good person and a good mother. She is going to have to live the rest of her life knowing she made a bad decision. Her doing drugs didn't have anything to do with a grown mans decision to shake a beautiful 5 month old baby until she was dead.Got anything else to say about my friend? Bring it on. I noticed you didn't make any comments about Cole aka Kenneth Zook murdering an innocent. Why is that?
A MOTHER

Collinsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I WILL CERTAINLY TELL YOU THAT I AM A MOTHER & YES I HAVE SMOKED A JOINT OR TWO IN MY TIME, BUT NEVER AROUND MY CHILD & I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THE MILLIONS OF MOTHERS & FATHERS SHOOTING HEROIN ARE HAVING THEIR PARENTING SKILLS AFFECTED. I HAVE NEVER DONE HEROIN, BUT I DO KNOW PEOPLE WHO HAVE. THAT SHIT TAKES YOU TO A WHOLE OTHER WORLD THAT CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE A PART OF. IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE YOU ARE PROBABLY ONE OF THOSE MOTHER'S ALSO.
Monica Cochran wrote:
You don't even know what your talking about. Millions of mothers and fathers in the US do drugs everyday and it doesn't affect their parenting skills. Just because she experimented with drugs didnt give that monster the right kill her baby. Tell me honestly, you've never smoked a joint? I guess it's just easier to sit back and judge everyone else. I am a personal friend of Kaylas and she is far from a junkie. She is a single mom who works and goes to school full time. Do you think it would have made any difference? Alayna was MURDERED by someone she trusted and thought was a friend. Hell she knew him for ten years. Don't you think she would have done something to prevent this if she knew it was going to happen? To think anything other than that is just sick. Just so you don't think i'm only sticking up for my friend the guy who did this is my blood cousin. Guess waters thicker than blood this time sister. Kayla is a good person and a good mother. She is going to have to live the rest of her life knowing she made a bad decision. Her doing drugs didn't have anything to do with a grown mans decision to shake a beautiful 5 month old baby until she was dead.Got anything else to say about my friend? Bring it on. I noticed you didn't make any comments about Cole aka Kenneth Zook murdering an innocent. Why is that?
Human Torch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

The child died in the hospital because after a baby is shaken so severly, the brain starts to swell after the brain being moved back and forth from the force. This is why brain damage occurs. The brain does not swell up in just a second. It is a matter of time. Once the brain swells to a point where it can not go anywhere, because of the bone in the skull, it starts to compress the precious tissues in the brain. This in it's self can cause respiratory failure. Doctors can remove parts of the skull, to give the swelling more room. But, the swelling sometimes can not be stopped. This was a horrible thing! Regardless of wether mom smoked heroin, shot up whatever. The baby was shaken so severly, that death was ultimate. It makes me sick that this innocent child was killed. That poor little baby. Didn't even know what was happening to her at the time. GOd rest her little soul.
Resident

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Judged:

Monica Cochran wrote:
I'll bring it on, you idiot. You do not see a difference in smoking a joint and shooting up heroin??? I am a mother of 2 kids and have never and will never do drugs around my kids or have any other idiot in my home around my baby shooting up. The question I have is, are you on heroin now, to make a comment like that you must be on something or are you just a fool??? She was a real wonderful mother-she shouldn't even be called that.
KMA

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

If people took the time to find out who they are just throwing to the fire...you would find out that you need to shut your pie hole and take your waste of apparent life and use it for the good and research (ps knowledge is power) to find out that Cole is not even close to the person that you are talking about. If Cole should be in trouble then the mother should be for sure.....if he is a nasty person like you claim then the mother should be in more trouble than Cole...She was the protector of "these" babies.... They were not even Cole's ......Take your interest in other people's lives and turn it to some sort of good deed.
PS your the kind of people that hanging had to be done away with...."hang before you know" I'm from Oklahoma City and we dont even have that way of thinking about this story... Ill., NV.,MO., you should know better.
Yes I am related to Cole and he is my cousin....and I dont mind tell everyone......
KMA

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Brian Stout wrote:
1st Cousin to Cole Zook and Ohh yea Monica Cochran you aren't family you liar. Cole would never hurt a child. If the baby died from being shook then how come it died in the hospital? She was a whore who love heroin and not her kids. Get a life! The facts will all start to come out. The very next day after her child dies she was buying more heroin! Like she gave a shit!
Isnt it amazing how people have no clue what is going on and so quick to judge... I think since they were her kids and if what happened did???? She is the mom and I feel put her kids at risk.... I dont believe Cole's were there do you???? Didnt think so!
I have tried to learn to just let this bs roll off my back...
MushyMushy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

KMA wrote:
If people took the time to find out who they are just throwing to the fire...you would find out that you need to shut your pie hole and take your waste of apparent life and use it for the good and research (ps knowledge is power) to find out that Cole is not even close to the person that you are talking about. If Cole should be in trouble then the mother should be for sure.....if he is a nasty person like you claim then the mother should be in more trouble than Cole...She was the protector of "these" babies.... They were not even Cole's ......Take your interest in other people's lives and turn it to some sort of good deed.
PS your the kind of people that hanging had to be done away with...."hang before you know" I'm from Oklahoma City and we dont even have that way of thinking about this story... Ill., NV.,MO., you should know better.
Yes I am related to Cole and he is my cousin....and I dont mind tell everyone......
Exactly who shook the baby to death?
UpDate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

During the autopsy of the baby the medical examiner found many old fractures on the baby. The baby also had blunt force to the back of her head that couldn't have occured during that time. States Attorney is now wanting to have a plea deal with Cole's attorney because they see just want a liar this mother is. She has changed her story a multitude of times. Cole is due in court on July 29th and the truth shall set him free!!!
COUSIN CHRISA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2008

COLE.....would never ever harm a child never!!! So to all you smack talkers you don't no shit!!
nunya

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

they both should be locked up just because they are scum, the lowest type of people
KMA

Tahlequah, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

Any updat on the case as of today?
charity

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2008

mrs.monica from nv. obviously you no nothing about kayla because you would no that she is a junkie and lives with a drug dealer right now.if she was such a good mother and cole is the monster you say he is than why was her dna on needles in her home and not his??besides the fact that she was at a bar trying to get free drinks the day she laid her baby to rest??good mother???i dont think so.the truth will come out just like it did when you claimed to be his cousin.you need help and i pray you have no children of your own...mrs.you can be a productive pot smoking parent...are you kidding me???
Missy

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2008

Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bring it on, you idiot. You do not see a difference in smoking a joint and shooting up heroin??? I am a mother of 2 kids and have never and will never do drugs around my kids or have any other idiot in my home around my baby shooting up. The question I have is, are you on heroin now, to make a comment like that you must be on something or are you just a fool??? She was a real wonderful mother-she shouldn't even be called that.
You hit the nail on the head.
whaaaaaatsup

Waxahachie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

will now. first off. this is a child. that never had a chance. why.becuz of people who did not stop it.so. if you know him or her. and did nothen.thin you can go to hell to. i have 2 kids. and if someone hurt thim. thier dead......
Darnell Jenkins

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Judged:

Cole gave me head in county, that's what happens to people like that.
Darnell Jenkins

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Judged:

That shit was good, but nothing close to that ass. He had some of the sweetest and juiciest ass I had in years.
COUSIN CHRIS ARMSTRONG

Edwardsville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2009

DARNELL,YOU'RE A BITCH AND ONLY PROVE HOW STUPID PEOPLE CAN BE!!! WHEN THEY ARE A LOSER AND HAVE NO LIFE OR PRIDE. COLE IS INNOCENT ON EVERYTHING YOU PEOPLE ARE ACCUSING HIM OF!!!!!!! SO DARNELL LOOK FOR SOME ATTENTION SOME PLACE ELSE BITCH!!!
waitress

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

Monica Cochran wrote:
I'm a single mom of two and i go to school and work yet DONT do drugs. Maybe if she had a sound state of mind and NOT a doped up one, she would have made better choices on who her child was with. You think its ok that she does herion??? HOPEFULLY, you will be sterilized and DONT already have children. YOU ARE A DISGRACE
mother

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

They BOTH need to be sterilized, and all of the people that defend them too. It makes me SICk to hear stuff like this happening and OUTRAGED to find out others think its ok. That is what is wrong with our world. They should be shook and hit until they die just like that poor baby

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••