The Insider: Supervisor candidates sound off on sheriff

One of the subjects we brought up during our recent meetings with the five candidates for Rich Gordon's soon-to-be-vacant 3rd District seat on the Board of Supervisors was Sheriff Greg Munks. Full Story
Public Option Supporter

San Francisco, CA

#1 May 14, 2010
Hey, Santa Cruz Sentinel: This is a San Mateo County story, although it doesn't clearly identify itself that way. I think you are a Santa Cruz County newspaper, aren't you? That's what happens when a large news conglomerate buys up local newspapers (and radio stations for that matter)-- local identity doesn't mean much to some editor sitting at a computer out there in cyberspace and acting as though his paper is still a local newspaper.
San Mateo County resident

San Bruno, CA

#2 May 15, 2010
Can't believe you devoted an entire column to such an old issue - an issue only Stogner cares about.
And I'm guessing Horsley said "... I would have censured him..." not "censored."
If you want to look like a real journalist, you have to go beyond spell-check when editing your stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Wed yes call me 09864... 376
San Carlos residents rise up against possible r... Nov '14 Bear 2
Attorneys focus on legal disputes before they h... Nov '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Burlingame post office up for short-term lease:... Nov '14 Anson 1
East Palo Alto Family Biking Workshop Oct '14 Family times 2
Burlingame post office sold Sep '14 Happy to have moved 1
A little spice goes a long way: Firefighter chi... Aug '14 stevefoo 1
More from around the web