Powell Co. jail inmate dies

Dec 22, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kentucky.com

A Powell County Jail inmate died Sunday morning at the University of Kentucky Hospital after being found unresponsive in his cell Saturday.

Comments
1 - 20 of 79 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2011
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A Friend of Brad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

Don't believe everthing you hear or read. Brad's death is under investigation. There is alot more to the story than is being told.
thanks

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

I think so to.Thanks for sticking up for him.
LIVE FROM THE BEACH

Cynthiana, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

THE PAPER STATED THAT BRAD HAD BEEN PUT IN DETOX AND WAS BEING MONITORED......THAT IS A NEGATIVE....THERE ARE NO CAMERAS IN DETOX AND WHEN MONITORING IS DONE ON THE DETOX CELL THE DEPUTY GOES TO THE DOOR AND OPENS THE FLAP ON THE DOOR AND LOOKS IN AND IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHO IS ON DUTY WHETHER IT IS DONE AT ALL...IF PAUL IS WORKING YOU CAN FOR GET IT BEING DONE HE IS JUST THERE TO LOOK AT THE GIRLS BUT I GUESS THAT IS WHY HE GOT MOVED TO THE WORK CENTER....DETOX IS JUST A PLACE TO DUMP THEM UNTIL THEY COME UP FOR AIR....REST IN PEACE BRAD, YOU WILL BE MISSED.
sure

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

I heard the hospital said he was bleeding around the brain?
hate it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

i just feel sorry for his family....
sympathy

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

I grew up in powell county but have been gone for 10yrs now. What is Brad's last name? My heart goes out to the family.
friend

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

sympathy wrote:
I grew up in powell county but have been gone for 10yrs now. What is Brad's last name? My heart goes out to the family.
Sons
RIP

Verona, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

As i went to his viewing It was sad as i seen his devoted wife sitting by his casket.Talking to her husband.And many people i didnt know crying for thier heart was broken.I hadnt seen Brad in years.I had never met his wife.But i could tell how much her heart was breaking.It was so sad.
Just Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Brad Who?
mine

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Just Wondering wrote:
Brad Who?
Bradley Sons
An old friend

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

I just heard about this today, I knew that "someone" had passed away at the jail, but I had no idea it was Bradley! My heart goes out to you Yvonne, I know you loved him very much. I know what you are going thru and there's nothing anyone can say or do to make it any easier. As you know, I lost the love of my life almost 9 yrs ago, and it's still not any easier today than the day it happened. Bradley will be sadley missed. He was a good man, yeah he may have made some mistakes, but how many of us have'nt?...Rest in Peace Brad
sweetpea

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2009

rest in peace brad
paul

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

We ever find out what killed this person?
maybe

Verona, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2009

Autospy still not back.
Sheba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2009

Does anyone know the mans name that died in the jail about about a week before Brad died?
someone

Elloree, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

his name was Benny Estes
some1too

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2009

my brother was in the same cell as him at the time and he said that he told the jailers he needed to go the hospital and they just ignored him, they was ok friends my bro was taking it kinda hard.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

then his family needs to sue. it won't bring him back, but they shouldn't have been so neglectful. Sure they probably hear "I need to go to the hospital" all the time, but they need to take it serious sometimes. He was too young to have died, I saw him a few months before he died and he didn't look sickly to me.
bogie

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

well wrote:
then his family needs to sue. it won't bring him back, but they shouldn't have been so neglectful. Sure they probably hear "I need to go to the hospital" all the time, but they need to take it serious sometimes. He was too young to have died, I saw him a few months before he died and he didn't look sickly to me.
do we still not know what killed him?
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2009

apparently it was negligence, no matter what killed him. The jail doesnt care if you're sick or not. I've been in this fine jail and I know they don't give a big shit if you're sick or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Powell County Discussions

Search the Powell County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
curious Wed curious 5
poco clerk arrested in courthouse Jul 15 concerned 1
Chelsea Gabbard Jul 8 What a shame 1
auto zone employee found hung Jul 7 curious 1
carlotta (Nov '12) Jun '14 sick and tired 3
Court case could shut down Powell County drug r... Jun '14 raylon 8
hope frazier Jun '14 jack 2
•••
•••