Rail-trail plans on track, state officials say

Sep 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Planning

By Carrie Stambaugh, The Daily Independent, Ashland, Ky. Sept. 05--PAINTSVILLE -- The Dawkins Line project that will convert 36 miles of former railroad line through three eastern Kentucky counties into a multiuse trail is moving forward despite opposition, state park officials said last week.

Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Good to hear

Martha, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

I hope this will be a good thing for us.
wait and see

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

I dont think this trail will be a pleasant experience through some of the county. these are farm people and they are not going to change the way they do things just because a 20 foot walking trail goes by their barns or houses..... how about a hugh mean ass dog chained up that would bark and growl? country people has dogs like that to protect their families. I think a stinking barn of cows would create a lot of horse flys and stench that would not be a good walk either. Lots of barns out in the country you know. How about going through a dark tunnel with a druggied out person trying to get high out of sight. that already happens in them. how many security is going to be out there? to be honest i would not walk or ride through parts of this trail. go through ivyton in magoffin and feel safe. i dare you!
Biker

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

My bicycle is equipped..lets just say that i dare any dope addict,hick property owner, or any other form of low life to try to ruin my biking experience..
We Are All One

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2011

Judged:

I worry more about the common good than upsetting some hill dwellers.

This project will help more people than it hurts.

Get used to change and shut the hell up.
wait and see

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

Biker wrote:
My bicycle is equipped..lets just say that i dare any dope addict,hick property owner, or any other form of low life to try to ruin my biking experience..
what you going to do about it if the owner is on their own property and not stopping your "biking experience". dare all you want but even the pig farmer will laugh as you go phewwwwwwwwww as you ride by. lmao
bite ya

Hagerhill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

wait and see wrote:
<quoted text>
what you going to do about it if the owner is on their own property and not stopping your "biking experience". dare all you want but even the pig farmer will laugh as you go phewwwwwwwwww as you ride by. lmao
. I cannot blame the property owners one bit. The state ramed this project through and showed the people they had no rights. But this trail will die off when the druggies do their thing and people will not venture out after a while. I know its sure not a pretty scenic view of the scrap iron or junk yard on both side of the tracks in ivyton.
Long Lost Cousin

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

how is a bike going by, worse that a coal train?
I doubt if the guy wrecks his bike he will come off the track and go through your house or barn.
Dawkins Line informer

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dawkins Line is like US23, US460, Paintsville Lake, Yatesville Lake, the west end of Paintsville (Ramada/Hospital/high rise/health dept./etc.) and other way of life changing projects. All are examples of the progress of man that negatively impact the lives of many people all for some positive benefits for society.

The scrap place in Ivyton will just be an example of a scrap place for people to see. Nothing more nothing less. Fencing will keep people away from the dangers of it.
Dawkins Line informer

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dawkins Line is like US23, US460, Paintsville Lake, Yatesville Lake, the west end of Paintsville (Ramada Inn/ospital/high rise/health department/etc.) and other way of life changing projects. All are examples of the progress of man that negatively impact the lives of many people all for some positive benefits for society.

The scrap place in Ivyton will just be an example of a scrap place for people to see. Nothing more nothing less. Fencing will keep people away from the dangers of it.
Dawkins Line informer

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dawkins Line is like US23, US460, Paintsville Lake, Yatesville Lake, the west end of Paintsville (Ramada Inn/hospital/high rise/health department/etc.) and other way of life changing projects. All are examples of the progress of man that negatively impact the lives of many people all for some positive benefits for society.

Dawkins Line informer

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dawkins Line rails to trails project is like US23, US460, Paintsville Lake, Yatesville Lake, the west end of Paintsville (Ramada Inn/hospital/high rise/health department/etc.) and other way of life changing projects. All are examples of the progress of man that negatively impact the lives of many people all for some positive benefits for society.

“Flyin Friendly”

Since: Apr 10

Imaginaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dawkins Line rails to trails project is like US23, US460, Paintsville Lake, Yatesville Lake, the west end of Paintsville (Ramada Inn/hospital/high rise/health department/etc.) and other way of life changing projects. All are examples of the progress of man that negatively impact the lives of many people all for some positive benefits for society.

Biker

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

wait and see wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunny, just because you over eat, more than likely have "seconds" and cant fit into a bathing suit, is upset that someone takes their biking seriously.I assure you people who ride for fitness like me wont mind a lil smell of pig shyt. afterall we stand behind people like you in Wal*Mart and smell worse..:)
rude

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Biker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunny, just because you over eat, more than likely have "seconds" and cant fit into a bathing suit, is upset that someone takes their biking seriously.I assure you people who ride for fitness like me wont mind a lil smell of pig shyt. afterall we stand behind people like you in Wal*Mart and smell worse..:)
if all bikers have the attitude you do than i would do anything i could to keep you from getting near my place. you probably throw your beer bottles in a persons yard. I would just have to turn my pitbull loose on the likes of you. would drag your chewed up ass in my yard and say you were tresspassing. lol
train

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Long Lost Cousin wrote:
how is a bike going by, worse that a coal train?
I doubt if the guy wrecks his bike he will come off the track and go through your house or barn.
trains may come by twice a day if that and you could set your clock to the whisle. kind of comforting but a bunch of drunks yelling and carrying on all hours of the day and night would be disturbing for sure.
Harrison

Martha, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Harrison

Martha, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

“Flyin Friendly”

Since: Apr 10

Imaginaria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Biker

Van Lear, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

rude wrote:
<quoted text>if all bikers have the attitude you do than i would do anything i could to keep you from getting near my place. you probably throw your beer bottles in a persons yard. I would just have to turn my pitbull loose on the likes of you. would drag your chewed up ass in my yard and say you were tresspassing. lol
Please Please! turn your dog loose on me, I carry Bear Repellant, Id love to send lil Fido to the vet while i in turn send you to the court house.. See you on the trails..:)
Long Lost Cousin

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

Judged:

Why are people so against something to do around here, beisides picking up a check and taking pills?

If people want to steal your stuff or be "drunk" in your yard, they will, trail or no trail. The trail will not draw that type of crowd. The crowd you speak of already rides ATVs on the road, through people's farms, on logging and oil well roads without consent anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Magoffin County Discussions

Search the Magoffin County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
a skate park in magoffin county ky Jul 17 boredskater 1
Amy Barnett (Dec '09) Jul 14 in the know 9
I would confuse Jul 7 Brian conley 1
whitt Jun '14 good guy 1
Doc Hardin (Nov '13) Jun '14 cat 3
Escaped Inmate from the Three Forks Detention C... Jun '14 awfull 1
does anyone know James J Howard that is 70 year... May '14 whoever whatever 1
•••
•••