Man guilty of rape

Full story: Wilkes Barre, PA Times Leader

WILKES-BARRE - A Luzerne County jury on Thursday found William Dierolf, 30, formerly of Larkin Street in Larksville, guilty of raping a 14-year-old girl.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
concerned parent

Hamburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

Many thanks to the intelligence and common sense of the jurors in this case. They came to a decision that protects so many children. The citizens of this county express their appreciation for your dedication and contribution to the legal process in Luzerne County.
thankful survivor

Jermyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2007

Amen to concerned parent's comments ... I agree, as a survivor of rape myself, it helps to know the attacker is being punished. I hope the young lady involved can move on from this.
The Other Side

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

When a girl still has her hymen and the doctor states there was no sign of penetration or intercourse how can you find a man guilty of rape. This is truly a shame to our justice system. Someday you may have a family member or a friend in this situation with no way to defend themselves and you will understand what I am saying. Rape is a horrible crime and it is a shame when it is used as a weapon of hate. Someday all men may be in jail because they have no defense to prove they are innocent. So it may be your husband or your child or you brother just beware because that is where our justice system is heading. When you are accused of rape you are automatically guilty!!!!!!
chances are

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2009

i know both of these families to some extent, let me just say how many times can you cry wolf before it works? the third time was a charm. only god knows 100% what the truth is and god works in misterious ways and someday the truth will be known and those who suffer will be set free and those who cause the pain will stand in judgement.
real story about rape

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

The Other Side wrote:
When a girl still has her hymen and the doctor states there was no sign of penetration or intercourse how can you find a man guilty of rape. This is truly a shame to our justice system. Someday you may have a family member or a friend in this situation with no way to defend themselves and you will understand what I am saying. Rape is a horrible crime and it is a shame when it is used as a weapon of hate. Someday all men may be in jail because they have no defense to prove they are innocent. So it may be your husband or your child or you brother just beware because that is where our justice system is heading. When you are accused of rape you are automatically guilty!!!!!!
I agree with you 100%. Many women out there use rape as a way to get back at someone that may have hurt them emotionally. It is not fair to the woomen that really have been raped and are truely looking for justice for the rape, not the anger of a relationship gone bad.
survivor 2

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

thankful survivor wrote:
Amen to concerned parent's comments ... I agree, as a survivor of rape myself, it helps to know the attacker is being punished. I hope the young lady involved can move on from this.
I too am a survivor,for two years i suffered at the hands of a rapist.I could very easily have lost my life to this man.I watched this case closely as I have many others,i have looked into testimony and evidnce in this case and talked to people who know both families and this case is not a case of rape-this was a case of hate and vengence.As rape survivors we lost part of our lives,as a wrongly convicted man he too will lose part of his life.
tiffany

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

the defendent is my lil brother he has done stupid things but a rapist he is not an we are wking 2 find hime a new LAWYER AN the truth will come out he would never hurt a woman being that he was raise by them.......
tiffany

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2009

concerned parent wrote:
Many thanks to the intelligence and common sense of the jurors in this case. They came to a decision that protects so many children. The citizens of this county express their appreciation for your dedication and contribution to the legal process in Luzerne County.
That would be 100% if he were guilty as his sister if i felt for a second he could do this i would say leave him the there what real proof did that have, rape seems 2 be a normal thing in this town but my brother shouldnt pay with the rest of his life....
abby

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

people who are truely innocent and are accused of rape are just collateral damage to our justice system because of the scumbags that commit these crimes.as far as our law makers go,it's better to put 10 innocent men in jail then to let 1 guilty one go,that is why the laws are written in a way that if you are accused you are going to be found guilty.i can gaurentee you that i can go to a bar leave with some guy,wait a few days,accuse him of rape and that poor innocent guy is doing 20 years.that really sucks that our justice system has put that kind of power in the hands of one group that at times is abused.no matter what you do,your brother will spend every day of his sentence in jail and if he is truely innocent his family and children (if he has any) will do his sentence right along with him.sorry to say but that is the truth and no one is listening
mommmm

Mountain Top, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

hymen,hymen,hymen are you people experts or even doctors? no, i didnt think so!!you need to get your medical facts straight!do any of you even know what the hymen is? i am a 37 year old woman & didnt know until i sat thru a rape trial!my 12 year old daughter was raped by a 24 year old man! if the victim in this case is anything like my daughter or most young teens she probably said nothing immediately,by the time she was examined her hymen probably healed on its own,contrary to belief,or the myth,it is NOT A POPPED CHERRY!!AND TO ABBY:the 14 yea old was not at a bar,& what the hell was a 30 year old monster even doing near her?! he IS a predator,the 14 year old is a VICTIM! my daughter was seen at pegasis by dr.torreli she also was our expert witness,we won our case finally!
abby

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

to mommmm i am glad you won your case and i hope your daughter can heal from this horrible experience.this case is totally different from yours and i can't get into details right now. i am a rape survivor-i was 13,i am 50 now and i can remember every detail to this day.there is so much more to this case then you can imagine and it is going to come out soon and then i will get back to you.again i am glad you put your daughters rapist away and i hope you will love her but please let her heal don't keep making her a victim everyday
abby

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be 100% if he were guilty as his sister if i felt for a second he could do this i would say leave him the there what real proof did that have, rape seems 2 be a normal thing in this town but my brother shouldnt pay with the rest of his life....
there isn't alot you can do for your brother.the laws are written so that if you are accused you are guilty.you can't get a fair trial because the people that sit on juries are so afraid they might let a rapist go free that they find anybody accused guilty-it's safe.there is so much of this on tv that you can't possibly get a fair trial,also you have no way to defend yourself,everything you can do to prove your innocence the courts won't let you.i don't know how to fix this-the constitution says the accused has the right to defend theirself any way possible to prove their innocence,our court system says no.if a women is raped she should be able to prove her case,the courts should not take a mans rights to defend himself away to make him guilty.when a crime is commited there is enough evidence to prove it and i really think it is unconstitutional what our court system has done.
abby

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2010

mommmm wrote:
hymen,hymen,hymen are you people experts or even doctors? no, i didnt think so!!you need to get your medical facts straight!do any of you even know what the hymen is? i am a 37 year old woman & didnt know until i sat thru a rape trial!my 12 year old daughter was raped by a 24 year old man! if the victim in this case is anything like my daughter or most young teens she probably said nothing immediately,by the time she was examined her hymen probably healed on its own,contrary to belief,or the myth,it is NOT A POPPED CHERRY!!AND TO ABBY:the 14 yea old was not at a bar,& what the hell was a 30 year old monster even doing near her?! he IS a predator,the 14 year old is a VICTIM! my daughter was seen at pegasis by dr.torreli she also was our expert witness,we won our case finally!
i read your comments again and again and something did'nt seem right.you must be related to these people because there were things you said that don't fit this case.there are women who are victims of rape and there are victims of hate and revenge.if you truely are the mother of a victim then my heart goes out to you but your comments are also the reason many innocent men go to jail.the truth is going to come out soon and i can't wait because then the real victim will be free.and to answer your question-no i am not a doctor,just someone whose been there and i do know about the hymen-it CAN NOT grow back or heal itself-once it is broken it is gone!i put my trust in GOD,he will punish the guilty,you can't lie to him,you can't fool him,he is the only one who can make a liar tell the truth and his way of doing this sometimes can be harsh but sometimes this is the only way to get the truth.i believe this girl is lying and someday GOD will make her tell the truth.
tiffany

Hephzibah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

abby do u know my brother or this girl? an please contact me bck
abby

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

tiffany wrote:
tiffany i think we are talking about 2 different cases.i wish there was something i could say to help you out but i feel helpless myself,here in good old luzerne county PA if you are accused,you are guilty.my feeling is that the laws are set up to make sure.the family of the guy i'm talking about has spent thousands of dollars on lawyers and appeals,they have all court records and transcripts,they have the ADA admitting doing things wrong,it's a big joke to these people,it's more important to stack up their convictions then it is to find the truth-do you think anyone in our court system wants to see their name in the paper admitting they did anything wrong and having to give someone convicted of rape a new trial.they all stick together and protect each other.don't give up hope,get the court records and transcripts,get any test results that they did.keep bitching to anyone who will listen,hopefully some where down the road some politician will say"hey i want to put rapist in jail,but they have a right to defend theirselves and to get a fair trial."i'm sure you know they have a thing called a rape shield law,that law takes away a mans right to defend hisself.i think if a woman is truely raped,she would want that scumbag put away no matter what she had to do.i just don't see where this law is constitutional.they don't want to make it hard on the girl,do they even care how hard they are making it on the mans family and his children,not only does the man suffer but so do his family and children.you can contact me @well61769@yahoo.com
A friend

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

tiffany wrote:
Tiffany how are you related to bill? I only know of him having 2 sisters and a brother with his mom and an autistic sister with his dad. I know Bill very well, and I never believed this girl for one second as bill is the 3rd person she accused of rape. The girl is now 20 years old and still a self centered snot. She's vindictive and craves attention. Let me know how I can contact you as I can tell you stories about Jessica(the girl) that would make your head spin.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2011

That name is familiar. Too young but wasn't there an older fella who had a bike or sport shop in the area?
Abby

Montrose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

i haven't been to this site lately,reread all the comments and i want to straighten mom out on a few important facts,this didn't happen at a bar, this happened at the mans house where the girl and her MOTHER were told by the mans wife(who is the girls aunt) that she didn't trust the girl and she was not to be there. The girl shows up wearing a see through shirt, a mini skirt and a thong.Why? And where the hell was the mothers brains to let her go, unless the girl lied to her mother.the girl has lied about other men abusing her.And yes i do know a little about the hymen, it does break and it does NOT grow back. This is not a case of rape, this is a case of a pissed off 14 year whose feeling got hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Luzerne County Discussions

Search the Luzerne County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Man guilty of Schwab School code violations (Sep '11) Apr 18 Gettin N ggy wit it 6
Cops: Edwardsville man tried to lure girls Apr 14 dave 1
Assault weapon reported stolen Apr 7 hang them high 2
NE Pa. college announces evacuation due to threat Mar 30 panicked 3
Alleged cocaine kingpin jailed on $1 million bail Mar 28 Freaklander 5
Dozens arrested, heroin seized in major Pa. dru... Mar 25 notorious En Eye Gee 19
White Haven couple get probation for delayed tr... Mar '14 the truthiest one 1
•••
•••
•••
•••