ACLU claims deputies violated constitutional law

Oct 6, 2009 Full story: NewsCenter 25

When it comes to law enforcement, making sure people follow the law is their job.A But according to the ACLU of Michigan- Northwest Branch, Leelanau County deputies are violating constitutional law.

Full Story
joe

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Oct 26, 2009
I must say the young lady who awoke to find a stranger shining a flashlight in her eyes handled it well, I don't know how I would react in that situation! Abuse of power has become commonplace in many Mich. counties since we have seen our law enforcement transition from "serve & protect" to a major revenue source for our counties. Goodbye friendly warnings-hello writing tickets.("we pulled you over because your license plate is dirty-do you mind if we search your vehicle?"). What ever happened to the story of the man in Kaleva who was surrounded by a multi agency response and shot dead for having illegal wolves in his kennel? That kinda got swept under the rug. It's to the point where people don't speak out in fear of retribution. It's starting to remind me of things we'd see in those movies of Russia and Eastern Europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Leelanau County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City of Detroit butting heads with blight-eatin... Jun '14 Professor 2
Reopening the Osceola Inn (Oct '08) Feb '13 Are-Jay-Bee 32
Weekend Police Report: Concert Assault, Hit & Run (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sneaky Pete 2
Docs filed with FEMA turn up in Mich. storage unit (Aug '11) Sep '11 anonymous 3
TART gets Rotary grant (Jun '11) Jun '11 Sneaky Pete 1
1/13 - Teen Accused of Rape in Leelanau County (Jan '10) Aug '10 dbd 9
Former Contraversial Judge Warns Teenagers (Apr '10) Apr '10 Spell Check 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Leelanau County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••