Aides in Columbus schools' abuse probe also accused of failing to report incident

May 11, 2012 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 23

Online? On the go? An exact replica of The Dispatch, the E-Edition is available 24/7 on your PC or iPAD.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#21 May 14, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Families fled based on a fear that going to school with black children would be harmful for their children. The specifics took a a variety of forms. Some feared that educational values would be sacrified. Some feared violence--either due to your "primal" view or due to black/white agitation. Some feared loss of control if the school population changed.
Recall that the basis for school segregation to begin with was to ensure a favored status for those who had always been favored. Desegregation threatened that favored position.
Things are so much better now.
Jim Crow

Columbus, OH

#22 May 14, 2012
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are so much better now.
How I miss the good old days when the coloreds knew their place and sat in the back of the bus.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

#23 May 14, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
How I miss the good old days when the coloreds knew their place and sat in the back of the bus.
Reader isn't any better with her thought processes than what it is that she posted. This poor me, I'm black, I'm poor, I didn't grow up in the "right" neighborhood. I don't give a flying fu-c-k what color you are, we all face adversity. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and do what it is you need to do. Coddling does not teach how to make a success of yourself. If a free bus pass, Lifeskills (I think that's what it is called in Columbus Schools) so you can basically meet requirements to "graduate", I call BS. Ask my kids if they care that they go to school with blacks, asians, disabled. I am confident I can answer for them, nope. They are all there for the same purpose, to learn.
I dare one of you to say that you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth that never dropped to the floor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Franklin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benjamin J. Marrison commentary: Infant-mortali... 5 hr Big Johnson 1
Central Ohio employers urged to hire refugees 21 hr Zoe Regen 5
Judge: Gahanna overcharged taxpayers who work o... Sat They cannot kill ... 2
Man who beat baby sentenced to 21 years (Sep '09) Sep 3 huh 16
Coleman has put out welcome mat for immigrants ... Sep 1 Big Johnson 15
Taxpayers might have to pay for Columbus police... Aug 25 SERPICO 1
Columbus man gets 37-year sentence for rape, ot... Aug 23 Plabe Sense 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••