Aides in Columbus schools' abuse probe also accused of failing to report incident

May 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Columbus Dispatch

Online? On the go? An exact replica of The Dispatch, the E-Edition is available 24/7 on your PC or iPAD.

Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated May 14, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Families fled based on a fear that going to school with black children would be harmful for their children. The specifics took a a variety of forms. Some feared that educational values would be sacrified. Some feared violence--either due to your "primal" view or due to black/white agitation. Some feared loss of control if the school population changed.
Recall that the basis for school segregation to begin with was to ensure a favored status for those who had always been favored. Desegregation threatened that favored position.
Things are so much better now.
Jim Crow

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are so much better now.
How I miss the good old days when the coloreds knew their place and sat in the back of the bus.
GlitterSucks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2012

Judged:

Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
How I miss the good old days when the coloreds knew their place and sat in the back of the bus.
Reader isn't any better with her thought processes than what it is that she posted. This poor me, I'm black, I'm poor, I didn't grow up in the "right" neighborhood. I don't give a flying fu-c-k what color you are, we all face adversity. Pick yourself up by the bootstraps and do what it is you need to do. Coddling does not teach how to make a success of yourself. If a free bus pass, Lifeskills (I think that's what it is called in Columbus Schools) so you can basically meet requirements to "graduate", I call BS. Ask my kids if they care that they go to school with blacks, asians, disabled. I am confident I can answer for them, nope. They are all there for the same purpose, to learn.
I dare one of you to say that you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth that never dropped to the floor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franklin County Discussions

Search the Franklin County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Franklin County Looking At Probation Officer Co... Tue They cannot kill a Spook 1
New petitions filed for public campaign funding... Jul 17 They cannot kill a Spook 1
Upper Arlington asks for input on tax propsals Jul 14 edwin taylor 1
Neighbors Upset About Naked Man Outside Home Jul 10 Tuesday July 10 2014 1
Saving Franklin County babies will take serious... Jun '14 Duke for Mayor 2
Ex-employee testifies that lawyer raped her Jun '14 E-Bob 6
Ex-lawmaker seeks early prison release Jun '14 Ummm Hmmm 5
•••
•••