Girl, 5, has close call with jump-rope in Milford

Jun 16, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Des Moines Register

A 5-year-old girl almost hanged herself with a jump-rope going down a slide at her preschool in Milford in northwest Iowa, authorities said.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Oct 28, 2009
JMK

Spirit Lake, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Judged:

I attended the hearing today for AppleTree Academy about their license. I stood next to other concerned parents to rally behind the owners of the daycare. It was a sad day to see the the daycare closed, and for no other reason than an accident and repeated phone calls from a terminated employee to DHS. My child has gone there for over 2 years, and I had no qualms leaving him in the care of the professionals that work at this daycare. He loves to go there and we have never had any problems. I think in this case the media played a crucial role in allowing a daycare center to be railroaded due to a vendictive worker.
BMS

Smithton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

Judged:

I agree it was a sad day to see the daycare closed because those children had gotten so use to each other and the workers they would spend the day with. But unfortunately, I know very well that it was not just complaints from a terminated employee, there have been many unfortunate events that have happened at this daycare in the past 5 years that Bobby will lie to parents about in order to protect her ass. A vindictive worker didnt cause children to run into the highway or let the little 5 year old tie a rope around her neck to be a kitty, it's poor training to the people supervising children at Apple Tree. Better training and supervision to the children could have prevented any accidents that occured there. Although the dog feces and teacher to student ratios could only be changed by the owner. She buried herself. Good riddance.
Not at all surprised

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

Judged:

Damn right she buried herself! She's been digging her hole for decades! And an angry worker has nothing to do w/what happened with that little girl. Good for that employee who pressed DHS! How would you feel if you were one of those parents? If it were me, I would be infuriated! To find out I've been lied to and that the place I take my precious children is a joke! I don't care if my children love it there, I love my children! Children are resiliant and will find new friends and love their new providers, but I would not be so forgetful. Put yourself in the shoes of the parents who's little boy was found wondering on the highway or the little girl who was flown to S.F.? I would be terrified! Some say there's no winners in this situation...well, I believe the parents and children who are not in the care of the owner of the day care are winners...now they can find someone who gives a damn about them and their children and puts them first instead of themselves! GOOD RIDDANCE IS RIGHT
From Someone Close

Ankeny, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2009

Judged:

Bobbi Feddersen is a con artist and a habitual liar, which she has been all her adult life. Now she is teaching her daughter to do the same. All the children from the daycare will be better off somewhere else where the owners FOLLOW THE RULES!!! I'm sure Bobbi is sitting at home bawling her eyes out and wondering why everyone is being so mean to her and trying to ruin her life.....she loves to place blame on others and finally, FINALLY she is getting what is coming to her...losing her business and livelyhood. You can't go around all your life and act like she does to people and not expect it to come back and bite you. YES, GOOD RIDDANCE.
To - From Someone Close

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Judged:

You are so right! She does blame everyone else. The sad thing is, she will probably never realize what she's doing. Hopefully, this is the last we hear of her. Check out www.iowacourts.state.ia.us and type in Bobbi or Roberta Feddersen, if you haven't already. Look at what she's been doing to people for years! Finally all catching up to her! P.S. I bet I know you if you're from Ames :)
anonymous from milford

Milford, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2009

Judged:

I am so glad they shut this joint down! Bobbi is an evil lady and definitely passes blame onto others.She does not treat all children fairly. My kid's used to go there unfortunately and she treated my son like shit!! She had her favorite's for sure. She was in it for the money and lied to me and others about so many things.I'm happy and I know all the kid's that went there are better off now. Bye Bye Bobbi!!! Ha-Ha!!!!!
Figures

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

I'm glad I don't run a business in Milford.
Wake_up

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

Judged:

And what if your son happened to be the boy that walked into oncoming traffic? Or the child nearly strangled to death by a jump rope? Would he love it so much then? I'm sorry, but this is certainly not "professional" care and it is selfish to say that just because you've never had any problems that the daycare is a safe place for all children. And it is every caregivers professional responsibility to report unsafe childcare conditions to the state. Would you contact authorities if you saw someone leave their three year old on the highway? Would this make you vindictive or a good person? And if you're comfortable with your child playing in dog poop, walking into oncoming traffic, and wrapping jump ropes around his neck, well Wake up! You don't need a daycare for that to happen.
To Someone Close

Milford, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

It sounds like you have a hate problem with the owner of Apple Tree. This is a blog about the closing of an exceptional center, not a blog about your personal vendetta. The owners of Apple Tree taught the love of Jesus, something that would be good for you. This was a political decision by the DHS and those of us who are knowledgeable about the situation understand it. Jesus loves you.
To Not Surprised

Milford, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Judged:

How do you know anything from Washington State? You should know the news media doesn't tell the truth. Don't comment on something you don't know anything about. Jesus loves you anyway.
been there

Highmore, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

Bobby teaching the love of Jesus. . .the world really must be ending. . .
Divine Intervention

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

We all know you're the one posting the Jesus comments, Bobbi. You can cut the crap.
Politics? That's what prompted DHS to close Apple Tree? Perhaps it was the grace of God. After all, children were in grave danger of being strangled to death, hit by oncoming traffic, and playing on a dog poop infested playground.
Pathological liars point fingers to try and distract the blame from their deserving selves. Your tactics flag disorder, but there is therapy for people who scream, "Vendetta" when they just can't face reality. Please, do society a favor and find yourself some.
Jesus loves you, but everyone else wants you to stay away from their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dickinson County Discussions

Search the Dickinson County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Past revisited (Feb '13) Feb '13 Joe porter 1
Marcos Mireles story (Jul '08) Jan '12 marcos 8
Red, white and booze: DNR considers Fourth of J... (May '10) May '10 citizen 1
Oak Haven Closing (Feb '10) Feb '10 Jay Birdsall 1
Judge Larson giving rights to meth users??? (Mar '07) Oct '09 ELECTIONS 4
Hwy 86 Closure (Sep '08) Sep '09 Deb 2
high school reunion (Jul '09) Jul '09 Tim thompson 1
•••
•••