East Bay animal control takes weeks to rescue neglected horses

Apr 19, 2012 Full story: KTVU Oakland 6

What appears to be a horrible case of animal abuse in El Sobrante came to light several weeks ago, but it wasn't until Wednesday that animal control authorities took steps to rescue several horses that had been neglected to near starvation.

Full Story
Normie Lynn

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 20, 2012
This is in reference to the animal abuse story on the horses in El Sobrante. The lack of commitment from the office of animal control in this case is astounding. I am appalled at their extremely slow response time to this, and only after the media was involved to bring it out in the open. I do hope that there will be an investigation of sorts into this from the city or county addressing this neglect of their responsibility, and be held accountable, especially the person at animal control that hung up the phone. What do they think they are there for anyway???
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#2 Apr 21, 2012
Normie Lynn wrote:
This is in reference to the animal abuse story on the horses in El Sobrante. The lack of commitment from the office of animal control in this case is astounding. I am appalled at their extremely slow response time to this, and only after the media was involved to bring it out in the open. I do hope that there will be an investigation of sorts into this from the city or county addressing this neglect of their responsibility, and be held accountable, especially the person at animal control that hung up the phone. What do they think they are there for anyway???
They are mostly Dog Catchers and not very good at that; never have been. They always have nice trucks though.
brian waters

El Cerrito, CA

#3 May 19, 2013
2 pitbulls in my face loose from across street i never can raise el sobrante on phone and neither they nor contra costa county respond to emails

if a kid is mauled/killed what do they care?
brian waters

El Cerrito, CA

#4 May 19, 2013
Normie Lynn wrote:
do u have any contact info for these el sobrante morons? always busy signal------ if u do mail me brianwaters75@hotmail.com

“Scabies are people too!”

Since: Apr 11

Killing scabies IS MURDER!

#5 May 21, 2013
Normie Lynn wrote:
Maybe it takes a lot of time and effort for government to take someone's property. I personally think that is a good thing.
RBT

Pinole, CA

#6 Tuesday Nov 18
It should take time for the government to take your property, however in the meantime these animals were suffering and that is unacceptable. While an investigation is underway the animals care and well being should be put FIRST and helping them should be IMMEDIATE. This is simply another example of the government not being able to run an efficient company. If any other business person ran their organizations like the government they would be out of business, but the people who work in these organizations have job security like no other and their behavior in this case is appalling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Contra Costa County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guest opinion: PG&E crews are making the East B... Oct '14 Raphael Bruckner 1
Police make a dozen arrests during SWAT team op... Aug '14 Antioch sense1964 1
2 Investigates: Used car dealership owner charg... Aug '14 Phil Theehor 1
Contra Costa County: Man found fatally shot in ... Aug '14 Jetsons Fan 2
2 INVESTIGATES: Odometer rollback bust caught o... Aug '14 god 4
Contra Costa County board of supervisors approv... Jun '14 Resident 1
Public meetings (Jun '14) Jun '14 Diablo Canyon area 1

Contra Costa County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE