Former fugitive Ralph ``Bucky'' Phillips speaks from prison

Full story: Newsday

During more than five months on the run from state police, Ralph "Bucky" Phillips claimed he disguised himself as a state trooper and even spoke with a trooper who failed to recognize him.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Sylvia Honig

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2007

Judged:

NYTimes reporter Michael Wilson forgot to mention that Phillips had no history of violence whatsoever, had never before escaped from 20 years in prisons, that practically anyone could have escaped from Erie County jail, that the police manhunt for Phillips was badly bungled..that Phillips could have been flushed out of the woods by police dogs and a trooper wouldn't have been killed, that Phillips had no money and police knew he would be hanging around his daughter's house..and that a state trooper shot and killed Bradley Horton, an innocent young man who the trooper mistook for Phillips. That seems to be hushed up. And Wilson knew that
Phillips agreed to the interview if Wilson would describe the unfair, inhumane treatment he's receiving at Clinton Prison. But it should sell a lot of NYTimes papers.
upstate bob

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2007

Judged:

bucky is an ass and always will be,the article in the paper quoted him as saying the months on the run were the most enjoyable of his life,what an ass,i am just sorry they didn't shoot his sorry ass,and save us taxpayers alot of money.
albionite

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2007

Judged:

Inhumane treatment? Hes a criminal! They shoulda just shot him. Now we all have to pay for another person with no ability to be rehabilitated. For what?
Does it matter

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2008

How stupid are you? It doesn't matter what his past was before he pulled the trigger. Once that first slug was released he's now a murder, regardless of police or not. He should be put out with the dogs. Quit wasting my tax money on him, Patterson wants to save us money, less than one dollar for one bullet would save over $50,000/yr
Sylvia Honig wrote:
NYTimes reporter Michael Wilson forgot to mention that Phillips had no history of violence whatsoever, had never before escaped from 20 years in prisons, that practically anyone could have escaped from Erie County jail, that the police manhunt for Phillips was badly bungled..that Phillips could have been flushed out of the woods by police dogs and a trooper wouldn't have been killed, that Phillips had no money and police knew he would be hanging around his daughter's house..and that a state trooper shot and killed Bradley Horton, an innocent young man who the trooper mistook for Phillips. That seems to be hushed up. And Wilson knew that
Phillips agreed to the interview if Wilson would describe the unfair, inhumane treatment he's receiving at Clinton Prison. But it should sell a lot of NYTimes papers.
ECZ

Salem, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

Sylvia Honig wrote:
The manhunt took place over a rural several 100 miles. You cannot simply "flush" him out of the woods with dogs. That may have been one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read. Phillips was obviously gifted at surviving and hiding, making finding him difficult. He wasn't just hiding around his daughter's house. He was breaking into houses and being housed by people as well. Bradley Horton was a man in his twenties who should have known not to drive half a mile with a police officer being dragged behind him, helplessly. The trooper saw his own life in danger. Honestly, what person wouldn't do what they had to, even if it meant shooting the person who was threatening his life, in order to survive? And don't for a second think that officer isn't still coping with the fact that he killed a man. Just because a person is in a uniform doesn't mean they don't have fears, and emotions like the rest of us. Horton was a 25 year old white male, much different in appearance than Phillips who is native american and was in his 40's. And that most likely would sell a lot of NYTimes papers because negative press sells better than positive. You don't know half of the things police officers sacrifice and do for this state because it doesn't make a good story for the six o'clock news.
Bob Wheeler

North Olmsted, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

Its hard for me, and I hope for most people, to root for a guy who shot 3 police officers.... and killed one.
Jim Cattle

Fleetwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2010

Judged:

Bucky is a true hero. We should all help in getting this inocent man justice.
The Rebel

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Judged:

F*&% yeah, he shot 3 troopers... He should have shot all of them... Long live Bucky, he's an American hero...
B C from Canada

Owen Sound, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

leave bucky alone he is the man, how would like to have a taste of freedom after 12 years then thrown back into the meatgrinder(jail) then a bunch of peice of **** cops hurt ur family wut wud u do tell those idiot cops its ok go n hurt my family no u wud kill tht ****in pig n any other pig **** tryin to hurt ur family anyone cop or not i dont care who u r and if u wudnt protect ur family like tht then your a ****in peice of ****. As far as im concerned bucky is a saint and if u disagree then **** YOU!
RP IN WA

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2010

Judged:

bucky is a hero and f%&* all of you for hating on him i amhappy that he shot the troopers hes an american hero LONG LIVE BUCKY PHILIPS!!!!!!!
FU IN NY

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Judged:

F*** The Rebel, B C from Canada, RP IN WA, and Jim Cattle. Why don't u tell the family of the officers he shot that he's a f***in hero, an that he should be set free. Dumb motherf****ers like you 4 are the reason that our society is f***ed up. He shouldn't have been arrested, he should have been shot on sight, a peice of sh** like him doesn't deserve to live. His family deserved everything that they got. Everybody with brains (obvioulsy not you 4)knows that they helped that SOB evade police, they should have been seperately interogated and beaten until they told police the information they wanted to know.
Down South

Safety Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

I agree with FU IN NY on whatever he said regarding the other dumasses out there...First of all, it is degrading to even consider Bucky a fuking american when he can just go around killing innocent people who are just doing their damn jobs. You guys think he's a american hero? Then wtf do u make of Abraham Lincoln? He set a lot of examples for us but i guess he aint good enough cause he didnt kill no innocent people. That trooper Bucky killed, had a 13 month old son. Wtf do u expect the mother to say to her son now? Your dad's an american hero for killing a state trooper who was just doing his job by protecting us dumfuk ignorant people? Are u guys that stupid? Troopers were just doing their job here. I bet if the trooper was related to any one u idiots, you guys wouldn't be calling him a damn hero.. All i gotta say is that I always wondered if there were stupid people out there in this world and you 4 are just the perfect example of some illiterate farm fucklings.:)
amin

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Bucky phillips I hope ur getting everything in ur ass motherfu~er...
darla143

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Buffalo cop montalvo illegally got me I think the system is so corrupt buckys a hero id shoot my own family member if they got a badge if I could.what some of u idiots don't get is we are not innocent till proven guilty were shit n jail conditions can make the sanest insane.our cops r corrupt n the system sucls if your low income.
David Johnson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

Down South, u call other ppl illiterate, but read ur own post. "Wtf do u expect the mother to say to her son now? Your dad's an american hero for killing a state trooper who was just doing his job by protecting us dumfuk ignorant people?" Reread ur shit b4 u post it next time. I do not agree that Bucky is innocent, although I do believe he was screwed over by the "justice" system. All the information u need is on this website... http://buckyphillipsdefensefund.com/
now if you aren't an ignorant person, u will take the time to go to that website, and learn other peoples views and to figure out more facts about Bucky's case. I do enjoy u ppl calling eachother "dumfuks" and ignorant ppl, when in fact, that is the entire American population. I am an American, but that does not mean that I believe that there are mostly smart ppl or that there are mostly dumbasses. I dont believe i will ever meet a single person who is 100% of the time, smart. I would like to state that to be convicted of the 1st degree of murder, u must KNOW that the person u shot was, in this case, an officer, yet the officers who pulled Buck over, were in FULL CAMO meaning that no badge was visible at the time the officers went up to the car. This does NOT give Buck the right to fire upon the officers, but it does prove that the "Justice" system is full of shit.
larry

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

y did the cops wait so long to get the FBI involved no they wait till one of their own is dead so f**k the cops and they knew of his past

Since: Aug 09

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Does it matter wrote:
How stupid are you? It doesn't matter what his past was before he pulled the trigger. Once that first slug was released he's now a murder, regardless of police or not. He should be put out with the dogs. Quit wasting my tax money on him, Patterson wants to save us money, less than one dollar for one bullet would save over $50,000/yr
<quoted text>
the cop did not die because of the gun shot wound. the cop died because his leg was amputated.
FU IN NY

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Does it matter wrote:
<quoted text>
"the cop did not die because of the gun shot wound. the cop died because his leg was amputated."

Hmmm, and why was his leg amputated, could it be because that bastard Bucky shot him????

Since: Aug 09

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

FU IN NY wrote:
Does it matter wrote:
<quoted text>
"the cop did not die because of the gun shot wound. the cop died because his leg was amputated."
Hmmm, and why was his leg amputated, could it be because that bastard Bucky shot him????
if the cop would have been minding his own business bucky never would have shot him.
upstates girl

Oneonta, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Anyone that supports this idiot is a low life!! I apologize to any of this troopers family, that have to read these posts supporting this Scumbag! anything ralph is getting he deserves ten times! I hope bubba is treating him well in prison!! lol!! Wonder how many socks and underwear he is cleaning and pressing?!?!?! Some may look at him as a hero in prison but i bet ya some don't!! Man i bet ya his a??hole is the size of a stetson!!lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of55
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clinton County Discussions

Search the Clinton County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sandusky, Victims Speak at Sentencing (Oct '12) Oct '12 both of you perverts 2
help can some one tell me what to do? (Apr '12) Apr '12 tami 7
Penn State victim forced to quit school because... (Nov '11) Nov '11 DebS 1
Fish commission to lease waterways for gas dril... (Jul '11) Aug '11 jim ner 8
Son: Rev. Wright needs prayers (Jul '08) Jun '11 Hindy 2
Ex- Pa. school super. pleads guilty to DUI charge (May '11) May '11 Lillian Reynolds Reeher 1
Ex-trooper charged with rape pleads guilty to l... (Jun '08) Dec '09 Cop Hater 8
•••
•••
•••
•••