Judge described how to buy votes, witness in Clay corruption trial says

Feb 11, 2010 Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader 60

The circuit judge in Clay County discussed how an election officer could steal votes in 2006 when the judge was trying to help his son-in-law win a county office, a witness testified Thursday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Guilty

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Feb 12, 2010
They are all guilty. When will the other guilty ones be indicted? Soon I hope.
rrrrrr

United States

#2 Feb 12, 2010
go get them all fbi you guys are doing great things
Bumpus

Lexington, KY

#3 Feb 12, 2010
Looks like Todd Roberts is telling all lol

http://www.kentucky.com/176/story/1126619.htm...
what a joke

Manchester, KY

#4 Feb 12, 2010
Todd Roberts is such a joke, he tries to act like in his testimony that he never bought a vote that he just heard about it! The reason he has it out for Freddy Thompson and Charles Marcum is because he was for Jennings White and Kennon White in that 2002 election. I also dont understand how all this hearsay can be allowed in court...

He told me that this happend or whatever that is hearsay. No real evidence. Freddy buddy I hope you beat this. Also not for 1 second do I Believe that THompson put up 120,000 dollars to win that election.
No Saint

Murray, KY

#5 Feb 12, 2010
Beleive it,, thats a small prie for that offie.
not guilty

Somerset, KY

#6 Feb 12, 2010
i hope they all walk..Are they going to bring every body in prison to testify against these men.They may be guilty..Just who they have for witness would make me let them go free.I would not believe a word they said..not from cc..I cannot believe the prosecutors have these men as witness..If this is their star witness..What a joke..
Guilty

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Feb 12, 2010
not guilty wrote:
i hope they all walk..Are they going to bring every body in prison to testify against these men.They may be guilty..Just who they have for witness would make me let them go free.I would not believe a word they said..not from cc..I cannot believe the prosecutors have these men as witness..If this is their star witness..What a joke..
Who do you suggest they call as witnesses?
How many New York mafia have been convicted on the testimony of preachers?
If juries believe defense lawyers, nobody would ever be convicted of anything.
Buy-the-way, does anybody know who the defense lawyers are?
mr big

Sheridan, AR

#9 Feb 12, 2010
james phillps vote people at paces creek , fix jury what else does it take to be arrested
Sizeless

Centreville, AL

#10 Feb 13, 2010
not guilty wrote:
whoi would know more than the crooks
Floridian

Manchester, KY

#11 Feb 13, 2010
The bible says "Judge not, lest ye be judged". All these people who are calling the officials crooks, voted for them. And let's face it Clay County as well as many other counties, the only way the officials are elected, is by voting. Statistics prove that in all 120 counties in Kentucky the primary vote seller makes up 37.3% of the registered voters. In Tennessee it is 33.2%; in Ohio it is 42.7%. The courts can't stop it, only the citizens can. Think long and hard before you cast that next vote.
Floridian

Manchester, KY

#12 Feb 13, 2010
PS: As a juror I would think long and hard before returning a guilty verdict also. I get the Enterprise and based on the testimony I have read, and the witnesses so far, have not proved anything relative to guilt of any of these people. Sounded more like a witch hunt to me. And when you consider the prosecutor, who is related to Edd Jordan, who is now running again for your Sheriff, wow I would really want to think long and hard before casting my vote.
lol

Corbin, KY

#13 Feb 13, 2010
Floridian wrote:
The bible says "Judge not, lest ye be judged". All these people who are calling the officials crooks, voted for them. And let's face it Clay County as well as many other counties, the only way the officials are elected, is by voting. Statistics prove that in all 120 counties in Kentucky the primary vote seller makes up 37.3% of the registered voters. In Tennessee it is 33.2%; in Ohio it is 42.7%. The courts can't stop it, only the citizens can. Think long and hard before you cast that next vote.
Here lies the problem. You said WE are the one's that voted these crooks in. WE didn't vote these crooks in, at least not all of us, they voted theirselves in. This is what the trial is about. Voter Fraud. They changed the votes at the polls meaning that if you voted for someone and the people working the polls didn't like the way you voted, then they changed your vote. The people working the polls are influenced by the money that the big dogs were handing out. I am not saying they don't still buy votes b/c they do, but why buy votes now and give away money when you can simply change them at the polls in just a few seconds. The school board has ran Clay County forever. Anyone that denies that is just lieing to theirself. Look how many people work for the school board. You either work for the school board or you are self-employed. That's just how it works around here. If you wasn't on the ticket that the school board was involved in then you don't win the political office. Simple as that.
Oh my aching head

Somerset, KY

#14 Feb 13, 2010
WEll, I just spent 6 hrs reading the Enterprise and I am heartsick. This proves to me that there has never been an election in this county that wasn't crooked. i am relatively new to this county, and I hoped all the rumors that I have heard were untrue, but sadly to say it is worse than I could have ever imagined. I believed that when I voted that it counted for something, but not now. I believe every word that the witnesses have said and, this is only the tip of the iceberg. If those men do get out of this, I will never speak to either if them again. They are a shame and a disgrace. I hope they get more too,especially Ed Jordon. How dare he try to run again!!
overitall

Corbin, KY

#15 Feb 13, 2010
Bumpus wrote:
Looks like Todd Roberts is telling all lol
http://www.kentucky.com/176/story/1126619.htm...
Heck big britches was convicted of telling lies to the FEDS so why should they believe his sorry no good !!! Sorry I never liked that guy he has always been a snake in the grass.
lady emt 112

Somerset, KY

#16 Feb 14, 2010
Todd has been nothing but trouble since he came into this world. I dont believe a word that comes out of his big mouth. He has lied all his life and tried to live like he was such a important man in Clay County. As far a Mike Bishop I dont believe he told Todd anything. He has tried to start shit on people all his life. He wanted to be chief of the police department but he didnt get it thank god. Todd just pull your time and go away. Everyone here knows how you are.
not today

Ford City, PA

#17 Feb 14, 2010
How can a jury believe Todd Roberts after he was convicted for lying! I think the FEDS are grasping at straws!
Knows Todd Well

Knox, PA

#18 Feb 14, 2010
not today wrote:
How can a jury believe Todd Roberts after he was convicted for lying! I think the FEDS are grasping at straws!
Theres no way Todd will lie, He can't lie, he signed a plea agreement with the Feds, The Truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God. And you say he is lying? Get A Grip.
getalife

Ford City, PA

#19 Feb 15, 2010
Knows Todd Well wrote:
<quoted text>Theres no way Todd will lie, He can't lie, he signed a plea agreement with the Feds, The Truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God. And you say he is lying? Get A Grip.
Didn't stop him from lying before!!
Liars

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2010
Knows Todd Well wrote:
<quoted text>Theres no way Todd will lie, He can't lie, he signed a plea agreement with the Feds, The Truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God. And you say he is lying? Get A Grip.
Both Todd Roberts and Vernon Hacker were police officers.(City of Manchester/ Deputy in Clay Co.) They both had to take an oath to protect and serve. Yet we now know they both failed to follow what they swore to do. Both of these men are LIARS! Lying is what they do best. Just ask yourself this. When they were dealing and stealing drugs, Buying stolen guns, Burning down houses, Arresting drug dealers and then taking their drugs to sell in the street, Parting with young underage girls for drugs and the fear of them arresting them for some trumped up charge, being thugs with a badge, Calling their drug buddies before a raid and putting other honest police officers in jeopardy for getting hurt in the raid. I could go on and on but you get the ideal. All it boils down to is now they want to reduce their prison time by anyway possible, They were always thugs and liars that loved the thugs life, but they got caught. Saying they are honest and telling the truth now makes me want to throw up.
CITIZEN

Manchester, KY

#21 Feb 15, 2010
I agree with My aching head alot. But there is other things to consider. Such as if people that do not sell their vote would get out and vote, vote buyers and sellers could not control the elections. Also if the law was inforced that you can not sell your vote that would help. Vote seller are breaking the law also and by not voting we are allowing them to control our county. Vote sellers certanily do not care about our county or the men women that have fought and died to give us this right. It is a slap in the face that people such as Edd Jordan even though it is fact what he has done signed up to run again. He must think that we are stupid. I also worked for Clay County Board for Thirty years I worked when Mr. Sizemore was Supertindent slso Charles White and Douglas Adams I was never at any time told who to vote for or that I had to vote a certain way. Yes the supertindent is a powerful position he/she controls a lot of jobs that in its self makes it a powerful position. The problem is not being in a powerful position it is when that power is abused. From first hand knowledge I was never approched concerning my vote. It is real easy to judge all these people when you have no ideal or true knowledge of that person. So don't be so quick to judge.
Our past supertindents have done great thing for our schools and I believe Douglas Adams is one of the best
teaching position just a regular job. I

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clay County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
greeenbeans? Dec 16 old news 2
Man selling geodes Dec 14 old news 2
whos the dirtest whor.. in clay county ky? (Mar '12) Dec 10 Pinch it 24
About ryan hatfield Dec 9 Curious 1
Ordinace concerning ATVs traveling designated ... Nov '14 Concerned Citizen 2
Devil Jim Howard of Clay County Murdered Willia... (Jun '12) Oct '14 ShakingMyHead 6
Harold Rodgers (Aug '12) Oct '14 Ninety Nine Percent 2
More from around the web