Man found dead after Chester County standoff

Mar 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Philly.com

Police found a man dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after an apparent standoff Monday that lasted for several hours in Chester County, said District Attorney Tom Hogan.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Mar 8, 2012
Bryant Miller

Parkesburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Judged:

we will all miss you jerry
Joel Moore

Malvern, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

You were my best friend and like a father to me. I just wish I knew why this happened. I'll always miss you.
concerned

Avondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

What all is being forgotten is why did the police come in the first place. I hear that people are upset at the police and how many. The man shot himself! He was a threat! The police did not make him do that! There are ways out; the police come to the door to speak to him why? This man decided to threaten to kill himself, and then he does, and his family is upset that the police need to protect the homes and the people that live on that street. My understanding this all started within minutes of many children returning home from school. So no, there was not too much police activity! To say this man would not hurt a sole he hurt himself. What happened in West Chester? The police do not just come and knock at your door for no reason! There was a reason people a reason that a police officer drove to that house and stopped and knocked on that door. If there was no reason why barricade yourself why take your life? So let me see if I understand this, the man had a gun that belonged to whom? Was the gun locked up? The owner of the guns needs to be held accountable the mother needs to think about that. His mother is over heard telling many that he had been upset, screaming at police as she arrived I can talk to my son he will listen. Why does a mother have to talk to a 39 year old man? If there are other issues it shows more why there should not have been guns in that home. If this 39 year old man is not a threat why did he shoot within feet of a neighborhood full of children who just came home from school? He would not hurt anyone the Uncle says on the news?
Homeowner

Avondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

concerned - you have a very good points that are being overlooked.

It is sad that he took his life and we are sorry for all. But the fact is, how did the man get the gun and why did the police come to the home?
neighbor

Avondale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Many people are asking that same question in the neighborhood we all feel so bad for his mother but why he was nice to all here but why did this happen why did the police show up? How did he get a gun that was unsecured?
concerned as well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

"concerned" is the only one who hit the nail on the head here! This man shot himself because if something he did that was beyond disgusting, inappropriate, criminal, and immoral! You all will see it will come to light soon enough. Watch for the results of the police investigation! You CANNOT judge a book by its cover! Who shoots themself just because the police knock on the door?????? And what law enforcement sends a SWAT team for the hell of it????? You do not know who this person was behind closed doors! He took the easy way out! Believe me! He knew the repercussions that were coming for his actions after he was finally caught!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chester County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indian population booming in Philadelphia area (Jul '11) Jun '14 NoWayFastEddie 58
Man Suspect in Girlfriend's Murder (Nov '07) May '14 XXX 17
Kerns murder suicide Mar '14 alice cundiff 1
U.S. aid for winter storms can be less than exp... Mar '14 talk 1
'Man Who Would Be King' had Chesco origin (Jan '14) Jan '14 Marshallton Resident 1
Byers Station -- Homeowners Association (Aug '06) Oct '13 Gina 10
New Shopping Center in Oxford, PA (Feb '08) Aug '13 Bobby 603

Search the Chester County Forum:
•••