Mayor, DA accused of corruption

Mar 6, 2012 Full story: Hickory Daily Record

Hickory Mayor Rudy Wright said he will meet with his attorney today about accusations of corruption against him and the district attorney's office.

Full Story
really

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2012
First, I will say I do not know any of the parties involved, but it is not hard to see this is nothing more than political agenda by a community activist that did not get his way. First he complains the DA not pursuing cases, then in same story it reveals charges against him were dropped as well in a case. He was given a time limit to speak as set-forth in the forum yet felt the rules do not apply to him. Hickory has faced many changes due to the economy but read closely and all you see is minority, minority, minority. Appears the minority gets a majority of the services but still try to make mayor wright out to be in the wrong. Total bs, why is the HDR even reporting on something so obviously a political vendetta.
James Brady

Charlotte, NC

#2 Mar 10, 2012
really wrote:
Appears the minority gets a majority of the services but still try to make mayor wright out to be in the wrong. Total bs, why is the HDR even reporting on something so obviously a political vendetta.
Please tell us some of the majority services that minorities are receiving from the city of Hickory? It seems from your analysis that citizens no longer have the right to petition grievences to government. Is this what you are advocating?
jhonny man

United States

#3 Mar 12, 2012
corruption in the DAs office? NO! this cant be true!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catawba County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
joshua sandlin (Feb '10) Dec 11 Inquisitive9957 5
Mixed feelings among area magistrates on same-s... Nov 25 Liberal forever 1
Man dies in early morning wreck in Catawba County (Sep '12) Jun '14 mean people 12
Teacher accused of stalking student (May '09) Apr '14 ester 242
State hopes to expand N.C. 150 in Lake Norman (Nov '13) Dec '13 jclj86 7
Food Network to film "Food Court Wars" segment ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Kilroy 2
Dillon McWilliams (Dec '13) Dec '13 Need to Know 1
More from around the web