Man charged with rape remains in jail

May 10, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: South Idaho Press

A Rupert man charged with rape and held on a $1 million bond in the Mini-Cassia Criminal Justice Center was bound over to Minidoka County District Court Tuesday by senior retired Judge Roy Holloway. via South Idaho Press

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Sep 26, 2010
Jim Pepcorn

Riverton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

Loves to molest little boys and girls. Be careful he might be stalking your son or daughter.
Cassie Gunnell

Twin Falls, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

I have known Jim Pepcorn my entire life (28 years) and as a cute dimple faced little girl that spent plenty of time alone with Jim when my dad worked on his car I can attest that this man is a good man that no child should be afraid of, he is a victim of family jeolousy and being accused out of desperation. He has passed lie detector test!
Jim Pepcorn

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Funny, Jim Pepcorn was a fabulous mechanic in his own right. I am surprised that he would need your father's assistance. No doubt Jim Pepcorn likes children and many of them that knew him loved him even today some of his victims love him. That said it doesn't diminish the fact there are two different victims and five felony criminal charges against him from rape to sexual abuse of a child. You were lucky there are many that were not. I find it interesting that you mention he passed a lie detector test this is a lie promoted by his family and attorney to taint the jury pool. Please tell us what does Jim Pepcorns detractors have to be jealous of?
James Pepcorn

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2007

Funny, Jim Pepcorn was a fabulous mechanic in his own right. I am surprised that he would need your father's assistance. No doubt Jim Pepcorn likes children and many of them that knew him loved him even today some of his victims love him. That said it doesn't diminish the fact there are two different victims and five felony criminal charges against him from rape to sexual abuse of a child. You were lucky there are many that were not. I find it interesting that you mention he passed a lie detector test this is a lie promoted by his family and attorney to taint the jury pool. Please tell us what does Jim Pepcorns detractors have to be jealous of?
Cassie Gunnell

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2008

Okay, let's focus on the so called "victim", her story... it happened here,..what that place didn't exist, let me change my story, I just remembered it was here..." Did she take a lie detector test yet, Nope, but Jim did and passed it-what does that tell you? You jeolous lousy people start posting under your own name for once! Jim's been through enough! If you had to pay for all the charges you brought up against him you couldn't afford it and if Jim starting sueing you right back, guess what you'd o bankrupt so just stop taking advantage of our legal system it wasn't set up so jeolous family members could punish someone out of hatred! He didn't do it and you know it! Where are all the other victims, lawyers working on this case trying to build one against Jim went public hoping to see more victims come forward, not one -not one- not one!! This victim is lying, please check these people out that are filing the charges, they have a more detailed history than Jim will ever have,...maybe bankrupcy wll show up, does that mean that the jeolousy is over money?...Just a thought!?
Cassie

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

You don't know what your talking about. The victim has never changed her story from the police report through the preliminary hearing. As far as the lie detector test doesn't look like the prosecutor was too impressed and besides they are not allowed in court because they are deemed unreliable. As far as a victims bankruptcy being the motive for false allegations that is ludicrous. If you want to focus on the victims please tell us what you know about them? I find it disingenuous of you to offer false information about people you don't know which makes you nothing more than a gossip!
Cassie Gunnell wrote:
Okay, let's focus on the so called "victim", her story... it happened here,..what that place didn't exist, let me change my story, I just remembered it was here..." Did she take a lie detector test yet, Nope, but Jim did and passed it-what does that tell you? You jeolous lousy people start posting under your own name for once! Jim's been through enough! If you had to pay for all the charges you brought up against him you couldn't afford it and if Jim starting sueing you right back, guess what you'd o bankrupt so just stop taking advantage of our legal system it wasn't set up so jeolous family members could punish someone out of hatred! He didn't do it and you know it! Where are all the other victims, lawyers working on this case trying to build one against Jim went public hoping to see more victims come forward, not one -not one- not one!! This victim is lying, please check these people out that are filing the charges, they have a more detailed history than Jim will ever have,...maybe bankrupcy wll show up, does that mean that the jeolousy is over money?...Just a thought!?
Cassie Gunnell

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2008

Reply under your own name please! That really discredits your reply if you don't even have the courage to claim your own name. Jim is innocent and I will blog and blog and show up in court until his name is cleared. He's a good man, and he is innocent. You want to find some dishonest, jeolous people,check out the ones who are filing these allegations. People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Lucky for them that Jim is a penny pincher and he isn't sueing for defamation of character- they couldn't afford to pay let alone bail themselves out of jail- they are broke, and taking advantage of the legal system-check it out for yourselves, google their names maybe, states keep financial records...Jim could afford the bond and is currently paying for a useless ankle bracelet- To Jim, Linda and your family, my sympathies go out to you! Many people are on your side.
Cassie Sassie

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2008

Maybe you could have told Jim no when he molested you. You can't protect him with your shallow words. He's gonna live the rest of his life a branded man. In or out.
Cassie Gunnell

Logan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

NO molestation here, Just a really nice man that is very good friends with my parents. I grew up around Linda and Jim, spent a lot of time out there as a child. He did not molest anyone, soon everyone will know that. The one thing that is sadly right about your comment is you have branded him, in or out all of these cases ruins the name oof the accused- The family members that are sueing are really desperate to resort to such low measures. Jim is clean with God and that's all that's important, good luck to those revengeful family members that are on the other end of this...is it revenge, for money, ...
Cassie Gunnell

Logan, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2008

By the way just to put all small town rumors to rest these charges are not being filed by any family relating to Jim. These charges are being filed by relatives on Linda's side of the family. The South Idaho Press gave many the impression that these charges were filed by HIS family, many people believe that is was his daughters maybe and so on-ALL false. These charges are being filed by jeolous family members from Linda's (Jim's wife) side of the family. Just setting the record straight.
To Cassie

Riverton, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2008

Judged:

I know all of the victims and I know Jim and Linda Pepcorn and all of their kids very well and a lot longer than you have. Each one of the many victims that have come forward to testify to the sexual abuse heaped upon them at the last two hearings are not jealous of anything especially the money you claim that Pepcorn has. You have the audacity to call these people liars when you don't even know them. You would accuse them of perjuring themselves for money you show how naive and foolish you are.

Jim Pepcorn doesn't have any money of his own never did. Whatever Jim Pepcorn has didn't come from the labor of his own hands but by the inheritance of thrifty progenitors. If it wasn't for his grandfather he would have little to show for his life's work except a run down farm that he worked with borrowed equipment, insurance proceeds from suspect fires, and the labor of Linda's relatives -free labor I might add.

I find it presumptuous and insulting of you to speak for God that Jim is right in Gods eyes and the victims somehow are not.

And last I know each one of the victims personally unlike you and know them to be good honorable people. Victims who have struggled with the consequences of Jim's reprehensable actions against them as children.

You are right God does knows the truth!

And what we are witnessing now with Jim Pepcorn is how the Devil has exposed Jim and now will leave his side laughing as he moves on to the next monster perhaps one that Jim Pepcorn himself has mentored.
waysie

Port Arthur, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

Judged:

why don't you people let the courts figure out if he is guilty or not. im sick of people sticking there nose where it don't belong. GET A LIFE!!!!
Cassie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2008

I just don't think those that have only gossip to spread should go without opposition- Jim's a good man!
Paul Greenwood

Prattville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Stand up and be a man and tell the truth. Quit making things up and feeding false information to your daughter and family.
upset

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

Who is this guy Jim Peppercorn? Where does he live in Rupert? Where did he come from?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cassia County Discussions

Search the Cassia County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Small child in Burley drowns (Jul '11) Jul '11 concern parent 1
4-foot pot plant in Idaho front yard brings arrest (Nov '10) Nov '10 The Monkey 30
4-Foot Pot Plant In Front Yard Brings Arrest (Nov '10) Nov '10 Jack Mehoff 2
Burley man arrested for internet enticement (Sep '10) Sep '10 MaKailey Bean 1
Burley teacher charged with sexual battery (Dec '09) Sep '10 MaKailey Bean 3
Cassia day 2009 (Sep '09) Sep '09 Sharon 1
Public Hearing on Gateway Project (Jun '09) Jun '09 Jennie Hunt 1
•••
•••