Murder in Cameron Cty man killed with tape recorder taped to him 1982

Posted in the Cameron County Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Arkansas

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 3, 2008
 
Does anyone remember this double murder? A guy was getting a hard time from his x-wife and her boyfriend when he would go to see his daughter so his lawyer told him to get it on tape so he taped a recorder under his shirt and he and his girlfriend went to get the child and he went in and was killed inside the home and Glenn Henderson came out and got the woman out of the car and killed her then they dumped them in a drainage ditch. When they were found the tape recorder was still on the guy and the tape played the whole murder, it was awful, that one name is all I have...anyone remember this one?
ValleyGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 10, 2009
 
Yeah, its the Staton murder.
valley

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 2, 2011
 
Arkansas wrote:
Does anyone remember this double murder? A guy was getting a hard time from his x-wife and her boyfriend when he would go to see his daughter so his lawyer told him to get it on tape so he taped a recorder under his shirt and he and his girlfriend went to get the child and he went in and was killed inside the home and Glenn Henderson came out and got the woman out of the car and killed her then they dumped them in a drainage ditch. When they were found the tape recorder was still on the guy and the tape played the whole murder, it was awful, that one name is all I have...anyone remember this one?
Sherry Zieglar Staton Wolf, and Glenn Henderson were convicted of the crime. Paul was convicted 3/25/1983 to life and glenn was convicted 1982 to life.
valley

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 2, 2011
 
ValleyGuy wrote:
Yeah, its the Staton murder.
Paul Wolf got a life sentence. It happened on 7/16/1982. Leticia Castro and her boyfriend Billy Staton were murdered
flounderinfool

Evadale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 8, 2011
 
I went to school with Billy and remember the case well. His family owned Staton Marine in Combs Texas and were a very good family.
flounderinfool

Evadale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 8, 2011
 
As for me - Life wasn't good enough ! All of them should have gotten what they gave Billy.
Teacher in Texas

Brownsville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 17, 2012
 
I heard about this when I was studying to be a teacher. I was deeply touched because Leticia Castro was a teacher at the time. Years later I married into the Castro family. To learn the entire story was exttremely sad.
Diana Lucio

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 27, 2012
 
I had just seen. Billy and Lectica in South Padre Island.
Leticias Castros Nephew

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 7, 2013
 
I never had the opportunity to meet my aunt Leticia. I wish I could have met her. I was born July 16, 1990. Eight years after she was murdered. Her photo is hung in my fathers living room and that is all I have to remember her by. Along with all the articles of what happened. It's a shame what happened to her. I hope those 2 guys rot in prison. My aunt will always be loved and remembered by her family and friends. As for me, I remember her by the stories I am told. RIP Aunt Leticia.
Steve Hermosillo

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 30, 2013
 
I was a friend of billy staton he was a hell of a nice guy we would hang out together he would like to drive my car and I would drive his motorcycle . I was born in. Combes and lived there till I was 18 Billy andI would always hang out miss him a lot he was the best friend Any one could ask for. I knew his whole family his brother Gilbert and sister and of course his parents. came from a great family. I moved to California and when I would visit my Mom there in Combes Billy was always the first one to drop by I would ask Billy how did you know I was here he would say cause of your California plate on car. He would always pass by my parents house cause it was on his way to visit his girl friend at the time in Santa Rosa / la feria . Billy would tell me of the trouble he was having at the time but I never imagined it would come to what happened to him and his new girl friend may they rest in peace my friend I think of you all the time and the fun we had together growing up. Thanks for being my friend
A daughter

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 2, 2013
 
Because of this I never got to meet my father, he went to prison before I was born...sure I saw him when I was a baby and I recently was reunited with him and his family.. .I dnt fully know the TRUTH behind what my father did...but I love him and stand by his side...there's worst crimes out in this world and people get a second chance. My father missed 30yrs of my life and now his grandkids. I want my father home, so that I'm able to have the father daughter relationship that we never had....ILY GH
VLMJ

Weslaco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 17, 2013
 
A daughter wrote:
Because of this I never got to meet my father, he went to prison before I was born...sure I saw him when I was a baby and I recently was reunited with him and his family...I dnt fully know the TRUTH behind what my father did...but I love him and stand by his side...there's worst crimes out in this world and people get a second chance. My father missed 30yrs of my life and now his grandkids. I want my father home, so that I'm able to have the father daughter relationship that we never had....ILY GH
What about Mr. Stanton's daughter? When will her children get to meet their Grandfather?
A daughter

San Marcos, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 20, 2013
 
VLMJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Mr. Stanton's daughter? When will her children get to meet their Grandfather?
I understand, but the fact of the matter is we can't change what happen, however I still got a chance with my father. My dad never got the chance to go to trial, unlike Paul & Sherry Wolf did...the crime was committed on July 16 and he was sentenced on August 3rd...Paul & Sherry got to walk the streets for a yr before they went to trail...i just want what every daughter would wants and thats to have there father in there life...
EquestrianWomen

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 26, 2013
 
flounderinfool wrote:
I went to school with Billy and remember the case well. His family owned Staton Marine in Combs Texas and were a very good family.
Hay I have been looking for my very first boy friend from school-and they lived in Merritt Island Florida, then his dad got transfered to Texas-his name Billy Staton, is this the same Billy do you know? Its July of 2013 and I was watching a show last night and saw this show on what happened to these 2-billy & girlfriend-do you know would he of been now-age 51-52? I really would like t know if this Billy was my Billy-that moved on me-and been in love ever since!
EquestrianWomen

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 26, 2013
 
Steve Hermosillo wrote:
I was a friend of billy staton he was a hell of a nice guy we would hang out together he would like to drive my car and I would drive his motorcycle . I was born in. Combes and lived there till I was 18 Billy andI would always hang out miss him a lot he was the best friend Any one could ask for. I knew his whole family his brother Gilbert and sister and of course his parents. came from a great family. I moved to California and when I would visit my Mom there in Combes Billy was always the first one to drop by I would ask Billy how did you know I was here he would say cause of your California plate on car. He would always pass by my parents house cause it was on his way to visit his girl friend at the time in Santa Rosa / la feria . Billy would tell me of the trouble he was having at the time but I never imagined it would come to what happened to him and his new girl friend may they rest in peace my friend I think of you all the time and the fun we had together growing up. Thanks for being my friend
Steve was Billy from Merritt Island Florida and then moved for the Kennedy Space Center with his dad/working there? I am trying to find out if its him! Sorry I have been looking for Billy for years and I saw this hurrific story last night-had to find out-is it my Billy? From 7th grade? In Florida!And if so OMG-and if not God Bless his family! Thanks and hope someone can help me he would be 51-52yrs.old now if was alive! Thanx

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cameron County Discussions

Search the Cameron County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Attorneys move to dismiss Traci Rhode case: Loc... (Apr '07) May '14 Maria Badillo 56
Ex-South Texas prosecutor gets 13-year prison term Feb '14 funnyhowkarmais 1
Jury convicts former South Texas DA of corruption (May '13) May '13 operation greylord 1
Former DA convicted in corruption trial (May '13) May '13 funnyhowkarmais 1
Tracy Rhode faints after guilty verdict is read (May '08) Feb '13 stormy 30
Border violence seminar draws hundreds (Sep '12) Sep '12 Publius51 2
Police testify in Rhode murder case (Nov '07) Sep '12 kate 2
•••
•••