Woman, 20, arrested on murder complaint in Adair County

Dec 27, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NewsOK.com

Virgie Murphy, 88, was found dead in her Adair County home early Saturday, and Tonya Watie, 20, of Stilwell, was jailed on a murder complaint, authorities said.

Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated May 25, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
will never understand why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

She should get the death penalty! Poor woman survived life for 88 years just to die at the hand of an evil woman!
Katrina

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

I knew Virgie when I was younger. She lived up the road from my grandmother so we would go visit. This is a shame. Virgie was a sweet lady. This woman who committed this heinous crime should be immediately given the death penalty and have it carried out. R.I.P. Virgie
livinlife

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2011

Judged:

i do agree. the more i hear about this the worse it makes me feel. my granny is 87 and i couldnt imagen this happening to her. i do know that at this age you are not a pippy and scrappy person. i do hope that she gets the max and i feel so so bad for her family espically her kids but she chose to do what she did. i pray she understands and has remorse for her doings and i espically keep the Murphy family in my prayers and may God rest her soul and continue being with her family throughout all this mess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I didn't know Virgie, but I just wanna cry when I think about how much pain she must have felt being beaten to death let alone with a fireplace poker! She's with the Lord now and the pain is over for her and just begining for her family! I hope the wrath of God rains down on the one who did this and Lord please let the justice system prevail!
Thoughts

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

What part of Stilwell did she live in?
so sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Thoughts wrote:
What part of Stilwell did she live in?
She lives out toward Four Corners on a lil dirt road
Thoughts

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
She lives out toward Four Corners on a lil dirt road
Thank you.
evil lady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

may she rot in a prison cell!!
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

May she rot in hell!!
pinkroses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2011

Judged:

I wish they would take that person that did the evil murder of a poor lady that didn't ask for any of this stuff they should take them on main street and hang them and let everyone watch them get hung by a chain or some rope by the neck if you do a crime you should pay for your actions drugs is no assuce cops needs to crack down on all drugs hang all the people on drugs and that does serious crimes hang them all on main street in front of court house please pray for the persons family that commited the crime and the family of the little old lady god please make sure the person that did the evil will suffer the rest of her life she don't need to see day light at all evil devil that they are
Easy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Leave the girl alone these old folks need to die and quit taking up so much space
Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

@Easy, I hope you rot in hell right along with Tonya Watie.
your sick

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Easy wrote:
Leave the girl alone these old folks need to die and quit taking up so much space
easy, you are one sick person! you will have come back on you one day. would you say that if it was YOUR FAMILY that it happened too. Vergie paid her own way, she had something to live for. Family! T.W now has nothing!!Hope it stays that way.
wow

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

WOW!!!... to Easy...do you not have a granny or a mother? if Tonya would have ended up at one of their houses and it be them and not mrs.Murphy would you still feel the same? i dont think so!
if you are a friend of hers then we are sorry. i will be honest and tell all of you that i have know Tonys since she was very little and i never thought she would do something such as kill another human and we all feel that she needs to come clean and we dont need people trying to stand up for her in the wrong kind of way. people like you make her look worse and it would be greatfully appreciated if you are her friend, to just stop with the kiddy comments. its not your place nor mine or Tonyas to decide when a person should die. this lady survived 88 years on this earth and all for a young 20 year old to take her life. Tonya knows she has done wrong and shes facing it now. she will now only see her family through glass and she is also a mother tio the ones that didnt know and she will not hold her little ones for a long time for she has killed a defenceless old lady and it will effect her whole family and her very own children for the rest of their lives. we all hope she comes clean for the sake of Mrs.Murphys family and her own.
Jazzi

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Hey punk.....I think you and people like you and that bitch that's in jail. You guys should be done away with....the end punk.
hmmmm

Coweta, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

So who were the other two involved in this does anyone.e know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

@easy.....F**K YOU!!
Kasey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

She didn't live out at 4 corners she lived on the dirt road right passed walmart & easy whoever the hell you are you are just as evil & heartless as the one who commited the murder im sure u have elderly people in your family an innocent lady was killed & you really want 2 say something like that?? Your a very sorry person!!!
Oh My Goodness

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Easy, why don't you go jump in the ocean and float far away to an island of cannibals, very hungry cannibals
pinkroses

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Easy must been with her when it was done thats the reason why there posting crap like that i hope the cops can find out who this easy is and take them in the jail with her if you have a grandma or a gramdpa would you want some one to do that to your family I don't think so I think the cops should check you out you sound like someone involved with the crime the way your going about it all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••