stlouis

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

On Sept 1, after 13 years of service, my pay is going from $20.50 p/h to $14.50. I'm confused as to why the overnight people have to take the pay decrease now, and everyone else gets to collect their current wage well into 2013. Is it legal to single out one small group of workers?
ImAllOuttaWag

Fletcher, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

stlouis wrote:
On Sept 1, after 13 years of service, my pay is going from $20.50 p/h to $14.50. I'm confused as to why the overnight people have to take the pay decrease now, and everyone else gets to collect their current wage well into 2013. Is it legal to single out one small group of workers?
after only one meeting about the new changes there should have been no confusion about how you could keep your current pay like the rest of the mgts. Work during the day. It's that easy. Don't like it? Don't want to move to days and continue your pay? Then don't complain about the decrease. See that was easy...
walsox

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

stlouis wrote:
Yeah dude you should have chose day shift instead of overnight (.)period
super mgt

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Not everybody can choose days. and those of us who did are being punished for not staying put and taking the pay cut.(being transfered an hour from home, put in the most dangerous store in murder capitol usages)Its a complete crock. they say our position is not being elminated out of one side of their mouth so the dont have to pay out severance or unemployment. Then they said we are doing this by senoirity but only for third shift.
if i were a daytimer i wouldn't be so snotty they are coming for you next...
super mgt

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

*USA
doneOVN

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Is this everywhere? Has anyone actually got their paycut yet? I haven't heard anything since it was first mentioned in march. Are hours changing for everyone? Will 8 on 6 off be the new hour format? Any info appreciated, thanks in advance.
super mgt

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

doneOVN wrote:
Is this everywhere? Has anyone actually got their paycut yet? I haven't heard anything since it was first mentioned in march. Are hours changing for everyone? Will 8 on 6 off be the new hour format? Any info appreciated, thanks in advance.
yes this has started. paycuts have been sign off on but they got 90 days at the old pay. SFLs have been hired to replace those who went to days. 8 and 6 it the schedule with the 8th day being whatever day truck lands on. if you are a mgt still on thirds be grateful. but be prepared to make the decision
Be pissed

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Dont ever be grateful for a paycut. Wag is already creating a revolving door and the idea that cutting pay for the most difficult shift is idiotic.
MGTonsauce

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

My store is on a 3rds rotation. Basically store that are on this rotation are taking the two lowest seniority managers and transferring them out as they get SFLs from other stores or new hires.
super mgt

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Be pissed wrote:
Dont ever be grateful for a paycut. Wag is already creating a revolving door and the idea that cutting pay for the most difficult shift is idiotic.
i said mgts, meaning those who haven't had to make a decision yet and havent taken a pay cut. i agree this is idiotic. walgreens execs seem to be slow learners
super mgt

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

MGTonsauce wrote:
My store is on a 3rds rotation. Basically store that are on this rotation are taking the two lowest seniority managers and transferring them out as they get SFLs from other stores or new hires.
which is just as sucky but at least more fair. at my store the third shifters had the highest seniority. so the chick that got promoted 6 months ago wasnt forced to decide wether or not to take a pay cut. but after 8 and 12 years we had mere days to choose in which way we wanted to f up our lives.
MGTonsauce

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

My store has a 3 MGTs hired in 2005 I am the highest by like a month. We also have 1 MGT who is 4 years in. I may be moved something is brewing that will require me to. However, in my case the company will have to move me closer to home or come up with some compensation. The reason I may get moved requires that.
super mgt

Saline, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

MGTonsauce wrote:
My store has a 3 MGTs hired in 2005 I am the highest by like a month. We also have 1 MGT who is 4 years in. I may be moved something is brewing that will require me to. However, in my case the company will have to move me closer to home or come up with some compensation. The reason I may get moved requires that.
good luck. it appears they are moving people father and father from home so they can make stepping down to SFL look more attractive...
MGTonsauce

Columbia City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah well if they move me farther from home the company would be exposed to legal actions. It is one of those rare occasions where anything seen as punishment = possible liability. Most experienced managers can come up with 2 basic reasons why I would say this with 0 details.
Really Wag

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

doneOVN wrote:
It has hit in Miami.
super mgt

White Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

MGTonsauce wrote:
Yeah well if they move me farther from home the company would be exposed to legal actions. It is one of those rare occasions where anything seen as punishment = possible liability. Most experienced managers can come up with 2 basic reasons why I would say this with 0 details.
it is being used as punishment. they should be held liable. i just cant afford to fight it.

“The Papers said I was Truant”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

MGTonsauce wrote:
I'm not saying that what they doing is right. I want to start with that statement.

...*Instead of breaking it down into a bunch of 'since they asked you to do [this], they can do [that]' statements, I just erased them since it seemed like too much.

********Bottom line: lol if you think that a company of this size will be somehow forced to pay its employees what they deserve, or to change its own policies (which are implemented after scrutinization by their legal staff) to make up for the moral stuff that they morally should have to. Legal often has the upper hand on moral solutions, especially when dealing with big corporations.

We want the world (slash Americuh) to make sure that everything ends in a happy story, but the truth is America (and the world) doesn't really care about each organism. And in Americuh, those in power ( i.e. THE TOP SHAREHOLDERS OF WALGREENS) will be able to demand, even EXPECT, that those without power (Walgreens employees) will have to give up power, money, and more before themselves.

That's the way corporate America works. In reality, companies shouldn't care about their employees. I'm not looking at conspiracy theories or any crazy stuff. America's companies, and their culture of investing, makes it that a company only cares about those who put money into it (investors/shareholders). They are allowed to break down their employees because that makes more money for the investors. And most investors can't afford to care about the employees of each business that they invest in.

See where that leads? Where it's been heading for a while?
confused

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Why did they bring in sfl with no wag experience and there are already people on overnight s with knowledge and high reviews telling them basically how to do their jobs.......???
Lee

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

I like working on the over night. I dont have to go in the pharmacy for every ic3 and return. yea working 8 days in a row 10 hours a day sucks but you do get 6 days off, The pay cut blows $15 an hour but you do get use to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
pharmacy license with dui? (May '12) 2 hr SarahBear 27
EEOC lawsuit on behalf of diabetic Walgreen emp... 4 hr livinginavan 25
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 6 hr Norm 763
self reviews 6 hr you get what you pay for 9
does anyone know the milk drip liner manufacturer 7 hr wagslave 2
Insider selling 11 hr livinginavan 3
Special Day 13 hr comment 4
Target closing some pharmacies 16 hr noMoEXA 2
writing everybody up 22 hr imdefinitelynotanSFL 3