Center Line, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

First off, ignore my location. I'm no where near there. I live and work in a craphole area. When the big announcement came down we were told that MGT/EXA conversions would start April 2013, finishing in April 2014. But at a recent manager meeting our DM said that the target to convert ALL stores to the new structure was September 2012. All 24 hour stores have already been converted with the 3rd shift shift lead position.

The conversion is to start after the yearly reviews of the MGT / EXA's are finalized. Basically if you get under a 3.0 your ineligible for the demotion to ASM / Shift Lead. EXA's who score under a 3.0 will be offered the Shift Lead. MGT's will be offered a clerk position. EXA's who score 3.0+ will get the ASM, MGT's at 3.0+ will get the Shift Lead. If too many EXA's score under 3.0 then the ASM slots will be auto filled with the highest scoring MGT's. ANY write-up or LP investigation will weigh against you; regardless of if its based on fact or not and if you were innocent. The goal is to invalidate as many MGT / EXA's as possible prior to the conversion. Payscale for Shift Lead is $12.50-$14.50 max. ASM payrate has been said to be $16.00 -$18.50 max with small bonus. ASM-T will be $16.00. Our MVP has already signed off on this; the plan is to go into the Christmas season with the new structure and be able to show inflated profit through paycuts.

This is all hush-hush for now; with the store managers sworn to keep their mouths shut. Thankfully my CL, who is also my store manager doesn't know how to secure her meeting notes & email and I was able to get this info. I talked to others I know in the community and district and they have heard similar plans. I asked my SM/CL directly about this and she just snickered saying not to worry about it. I asked the DM when she was at my store for a visit and she was pi$$ed. She got red in the face, couldn't look me in the eye, but wanted to know what exactly I heard and from who. But she wouldn't confirm or deny what I asked.

So my question to everyone out there......is this happening where you are? Does anyone really believe that the company will hold to the "official" timeline, or can rogue districts/markets shorten the timetable? How will the performance reviews weigh in? Like I said I got this information directly from the store manager meeting notes and email sent to the store managers in my district.

Bonus hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Damn homie. Let the exodus begin!
Mickey

Sarepta, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Was there a new or more recent meeting? Also I need some clarity on one of the things you stated: you said you are unelligible for the demotion to asm/exa if you score a 3.0. Is that what you meant to say or did you intend to say something else?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

If this is true, I think it will be to force out the EXA/MGTs that are considered dead weight. The SM will be very hard on the reviews of the people they want to get rid of.
Bonus hunter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Walgreens want average. Let them. The brain drain is upon us.
Mickey

Sarepta, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2012

Judged:

Has anyone else noticed subtle changes in their stores? My sm has assigned aisles to mgts, sfls and head advisor in photo. She has also given us all a folder with our name on it. It is addressed to store leaders and it explains the expectations of your assigned aisles. She also refers to when I'm an sfl (really so her mind is already made up or is that she already knows my fate and everyone else's for that matter?!?!) After reading on here about how the cls will come to the stores and scan 3 feet by 3 feet looking for outs and reasons why, my sm also confirmed this to be true. When I asked her who is ultimately responsible if there is a problem with an aisle, her response was hers but then it would fall back on me. This got me thinking, how am I to effectively manage my aisles, accomplish other tasks in the store, etc. while also being scheduled for photo? Keep in mind I'm the only mgt scheduled but expected to do notes, run a department, catch ic3 in rx and still be a manager. The thought of the cl finding or looking for crap kind of scares me! I have never felt so stressed out, pissed off and angry in my entire time at wags until now. So to know that we have the ok to hire but don't have the hours to in the budget to do so, really gets to me. I know nothing is going to change and this stress is going to get worse. So thinking about how difficult it is right now and knowing deep down it will only get worse for us that stay, I realize more than ever before we deserve every bit of what we get paid; anything less is a disgrace and is insulting! Do they honestly think that they will get the same results from former mgts that stay? Most all the mgts in my area are pissed about it and are doing the minimal to get by. Their attitudes are why bother, there is no future here! When folks work hard they want a decent raise and ask the sm only to get laughed at. This cycle is not going to end and will become an even faster revolving door of employees. What is it going to take to turn this ship around? Any thoughts and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Are these type of scenarios going on in your stores and if so, what?
Texas Outlaw

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Mickey... your best bet is to go with the flow, or start looking for something else. This company is no longer holds the integrity it once did. For instance, the changes were to be slow coming, well as you can tell and read that is not happening.
But, yes several things have changed at our store, and it makes us all anxiety ridden.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

DOA-EXA wrote:
So my question to everyone out there......is this happening where you are? Does anyone really believe that the company will hold to the "official" timeline, or can rogue districts/markets shorten the timetable? How will the performance reviews weigh in? Like I said I got this information directly from the store manager meeting notes and email sent to the store managers in my district.
I heard the weekend of july 15th my district is getting of the first wave of MGTs that are considered trouble makers since the overnight shift leads will be in place. around 20 people give or take. I'm thinking more since they will tell more stls you have to run more shifts on your own....
hmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

i had a feeling changes would be in sept. 2012. and the endless hoping for express scripts. pipe dream. electrocuted by edison project.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Mickey wrote:
Has anyone else noticed subtle changes in their stores? My sm has assigned aisles to mgts, sfls and head advisor in photo. She has also given us all a folder with our name on it. It is addressed to store leaders and it explains the expectations of your assigned aisles. She also refers to when I'm an sfl (really so her mind is already made up or is that she already knows my fate and everyone else's for that matter?!?!) After reading on here about how the cls will come to the stores and scan 3 feet by 3 feet looking for outs and reasons why, my sm also confirmed this to be true. When I asked her who is ultimately responsible if there is a problem with an aisle, her response was hers but then it would fall back on me. This got me thinking, how am I to effectively manage my aisles, accomplish other tasks in the store, etc. while also being scheduled for photo? Keep in mind I'm the only mgt scheduled but expected to do notes, run a department, catch ic3 in rx and still be a manager. The thought of the cl finding or looking for crap kind of scares me! I have never felt so stressed out, pissed off and angry in my entire time at wags until now. So to know that we have the ok to hire but don't have the hours to in the budget to do so, really gets to me. I know nothing is going to change and this stress is going to get worse. So thinking about how difficult it is right now and knowing deep down it will only get worse for us that stay, I realize more than ever before we deserve every bit of what we get paid; anything less is a disgrace and is insulting! Do they honestly think that they will get the same results from former mgts that stay? Most all the mgts in my area are pissed about it and are doing the minimal to get by. Their attitudes are why bother, there is no future here! When folks work hard they want a decent raise and ask the sm only to get laughed at. This cycle is not going to end and will become an even faster revolving door of employees. What is it going to take to turn this ship around? Any thoughts and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Are these type of scenarios going on in your stores and if so, what?
I wondered if you had seen the reply 4 and 24 on the discussion thread - The Restructuring is Going Roughly in my Market. There is some information about the pilot in Phoenix on the Field Transformation section on Stornet as well.

If what some people have said is true about the pilot in Phoenix, MGTs were moved out of their store temporarily and other people in the store were promoted to SFL to test the waters for a few months. Not sure what they learned from those tests but someone had enough confidence in it to want to roll it out company-wide.

If the problems they have now is MGTs are leaving or doing the minimum and none of the current employees in a store want to be promoted to SFL, these must be new problems. If they didn't happen during the pilot there must be new solutions.

If the company is planning on having the SFL structure staffed and in place before the busy time in the fall, they have to accelerate the transition plan.

The choice is either to put the SFL tasks onto current people in the store or move current employees out of the store so you can hire new people into the SFL position with the hours that have been freed up. My guess is that the first step is happening to see who sticks around after tasks and responsibilities have changed - even if they are getting the same pay as before. The people who go will be replaced by SFLs so there will be time to train the new hires before the fall. I doubt the company wants a mass exodus in the fall.

If Walgreens wins any PBM contracts up for renewal this year - some are multiyear contracts - which were previously contracted to ESI, those customers would be able to fill their prescriptions at Walgreens after January 1, 2013. There will be challenges in January if that happens.
bman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

They have to somehow make this fiscal year look good. Changes are going to happen fast this summer.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

bman wrote:
They have to somehow make this fiscal year look good. Changes are going to happen fast this summer.
Didn't think about that. Walgreens fiscal year ends on August 31 every year.
El Rio

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

DOA-EXA wrote:
First off, ignore my location. I'm no where near there. I live and work in a craphole area. When the big announcement came down we were told that MGT/EXA conversions would start April 2013, finishing in April 2014. But at a recent manager meeting our DM said that the target to convert ALL stores to the new structure was September 2012. All 24 hour stores have already been converted with the 3rd shift shift lead position.
The conversion is to start after the yearly reviews of the MGT / EXA's are finalized. Basically if you get under a 3.0 your ineligible for the demotion to ASM / Shift Lead. EXA's who score under a 3.0 will be offered the Shift Lead. MGT's will be offered a clerk position. EXA's who score 3.0+ will get the ASM, MGT's at 3.0+ will get the Shift Lead. If too many EXA's score under 3.0 then the ASM slots will be auto filled with the highest scoring MGT's. ANY write-up or LP investigation will weigh against you; regardless of if its based on fact or not and if you were innocent. The goal is to invalidate as many MGT / EXA's as possible prior to the conversion. Payscale for Shift Lead is $12.50-$14.50 max. ASM payrate has been said to be $16.00 -$18.50 max with small bonus. ASM-T will be $16.00. Our MVP has already signed off on this; the plan is to go into the Christmas season with the new structure and be able to show inflated profit through paycuts.
This is all hush-hush for now; with the store managers sworn to keep their mouths shut. Thankfully my CL, who is also my store manager doesn't know how to secure her meeting notes & email and I was able to get this info. I talked to others I know in the community and district and they have heard similar plans. I asked my SM/CL directly about this and she just snickered saying not to worry about it. I asked the DM when she was at my store for a visit and she was pi$$ed. She got red in the face, couldn't look me in the eye, but wanted to know what exactly I heard and from who. But she wouldn't confirm or deny what I asked.
If this is all true then this is worse than even the worst case scenerios that have been brought up on this site. You have the ASM as an hourly position - making what an MGT made and the ASM-T actually making under what an MGT, with a few years experience, made. If they're having trouble filling the SFL slots then this won't help one bit. When Christmas time rolls around Walgreens will have the most chaotic Christmas season in the history of the company. This is nuts.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

We just had a sm meeting and didn't hear a peep. But sm are just pawns used when dirty work needs done
walgreen's worker

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

El Rio wrote:
<quoted text>If this is all true then this is worse than even the worst case scenerios that have been brought up on this site. You have the ASM as an hourly position - making what an MGT made and the ASM-T actually making under what an MGT, with a few years experience, made. If they're having trouble filling the SFL slots then this won't help one bit. When Christmas time rolls around Walgreens will have the most chaotic Christmas season in the history of the company. This is nuts.
I think they still come up with an average Per hour for salaried employees. Base salary divided by 12 months, then divided by 88 hrs. It makes it look like they earn more money that way, since most work more than the minimum.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

any info on when EXA reviews will be this year? Seems to be earlier each year.
stuck W stu

Flagstaff, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Good luck with some of the SFL's they are promoting front cashiers and whoever else wants to make a quick raise SUCKAS! Im just sticking it out and waiting to see whats gonna happen next. And for their team(EDISON) I hope the ones who make us feel like we all dont have a clue get kicked to the curb when the project is completed! I have never felt so upset everytime they(Edison) comes in to the store analyzing everyone!!!!!!
Altec Lansing

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

According to my district office there will be an update in Compass on the Field Transformation process some time tomorrow.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Altec Lansing wrote:
According to my district office there will be an update in Compass on the Field Transformation process some time tomorrow.
I know at least part of it has to be the official announcement that all STLs will have their position changed to SFL effective March 1st. That came down to CLs over the last couple weeks and was supposed to be kept confidential, but of course that never works.

Hopefully there'll be other updates though. There's still so many unknowns.
ASMT

Jacksonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

You all are the perfect example of gossipers resisting change. Change is inevitable. Perform highly and you will see promotions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Walgreens Forum right now

Search the Walgreens Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
store manager leave early 37 min Itdoesntmatter70 4
Why & How I left Walgreens 1 hr Freeatlast 13
Walgreens music playlist from 2011 to the present (Apr '12) 1 hr wag_sfl2006 966
walgreens employee yearly review 3 hr whatever 3
class action 3 hr ca rph 12
Store Manager in pharmacy before hours 5 hr IKnowYou 26
Nationwide LP meeting 9 hr Lol 81
Store Manager Bonus '14 11 hr Lol 18
View Press Release 13 hr livinginavan 6
hacked!? 15 hr Yes 6
•••
•••