Waggirl

Glen Allen, VA

#1 Jul 19, 2012
In my district, in the Mid-Atlantic, the trend is to push out the old RPh's and replace them with new grads. We have had situations where, due to the loss of a mid-shift, a 20 year employee is now forced to float a couple days a week and even work every weekend in order to get full time hours, while a new grad two years out of school gets full time hours all at the same store, and is NOT the RXM.

My queston is..Is this a nationwide trend? Or is this BS only going on in my district?
Nick mgr

Kennett Square, PA

#2 Jul 19, 2012
Waggirl wrote:
In my district, in the Mid-Atlantic, the trend is to push out the old RPh's and replace them with new grads. We have had situations where, due to the loss of a mid-shift, a 20 year employee is now forced to float a couple days a week and even work every weekend in order to get full time hours, while a new grad two years out of school gets full time hours all at the same store, and is NOT the RXM.
My queston is..Is this a nationwide trend? Or is this BS only going on in my district?
This doesn't sound like the norm. There may be more to the story here, such as performance issues or a request not to work nights..etc. most rx supervisors prefer to have experienced pharmacists, however a lot of 20 yr plus pharmacists are very strong minded and use to tell people how they want to do their job.
Rxm

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Walgreens will start paying rph's according to seniority starting this graduating class. So if you give it a few years you'll start hearing about pushing out older ones when we can pay incoming less.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Jul 19, 2012
Rxm wrote:
Walgreens will start paying rph's according to seniority starting this graduating class. So if you give it a few years you'll start hearing about pushing out older ones when we can pay incoming less.
This is not true. Yes they are paying less for new hires, but in my district they are given less hours.

Eventually pay bands will be the norm and there will be a 4 tier system based on store volume which will dictate the range of pay and bonus while raises will be determined by your review.

They keep on talking about changing the company from a task orientated organization to a performance based organization. Key word is performance. That is why all RXM are now being trained in developing their employees based on IMPACT training. If you do not believe me, read your job competencies the rubics chart?

They will not be getting rid of tenure high paid employees, they will be getting rid of any employee who is not performing to company standards.
VforVictory

Ballwin, MO

#5 Jul 20, 2012
We were told the RPh moves would be based on seniority too. Wrong!! The pharmacists involved had their meetings at the district office based on seniority, but the moves and shifts offered were not. For example, RPh with over 25 years at Wags loses his full time shifts at a store because one other RPh there has a few months seniority on him. His choice is to go to a store in the city (which has a city tax so you lose money) or go into a float pool. Newby RPh's with full time down the street aren't touched. They should be the ones getting the float pool choice and the aforementioned 25 year RPH should get to take their spot. This is the St Louis market.
Now with ESI coming back, I wonder what will happen to all the displaced pharmacists and/or floaters. Not to mention our lack of tech hours.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 20, 2012
New hires in Pittsburgh are paid less and get fewer hours. The new hire rate is 4060 biweekly for 40 hours. Our rate is 4460 biweekly. They are only guaranteed 32 hours but they are paid less for 40 hour salary.

Our Rph pay will go down, we are dime a dozen now. It Sucks!
Rxm

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Come to Phoenix. We are one of the few markets still in need.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 20, 2012
Captain Prozac wrote:
<quoted text>
Eventually pay bands will be the norm and there will be a 4 tier system based on store volume which will dictate the range of pay and bonus
What I mentioned is not correct (for the near future). Since I now know what is coming I am not going to comment until word is out. It is really not much different to how it is now for our pay structure. You will find out soon.

Now for the whole seniority based thing, it should only consideration for vacation and time off. Putting someone in a store over another person should be performance based. That's how it is done in our district.
MGTonsauce

Clearlake, CA

#9 Jul 20, 2012
Pay bands will eventually make there way down into the store level at almost every level. some of the FAQs when they launched it at corporate said it will eventually move down to stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Walgreens Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolling over pto 4 min dueces 8
Everything's on the way down 21 min MgrMidwest 37
stars 1 hr WAG this 28
Life Insurance Policy 1 hr rphrph 3
2015 healthcare premium sticker shock 2 hr FairyWAGmother 9
CL'S Meeting Today about Bonus 2 hr MGR NY 19
Wait for it……... 2 hr wag1234 141
Wassons Weekly Sep 15 Retiree 61
•••

Walgreens People Search