Oil jumps $6 on US-Russia tensions

Oil prices shot up $6 a barrel Thursday, rising to the highest level in two weeks as escalating tensions with Russia stoked fears of a disruption of energy shipments to Western countries. Full Story
turk101

Fort Loudon, PA

#1 Aug 21, 2008
Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.

The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
As far as I'm conncerned it's all BS.
The amazing Superman

South Windham, CT

#2 Aug 21, 2008
you are right on the money. Also, want the price of oil to go down? Threaten the speculators with investigation again.
tdowen

Conshohocken, PA

#3 Aug 21, 2008
turk101 wrote:
Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.
The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
Then you quite obviously do not remember the Oil crisises of the early 70's and again in the early 90's long before either of the Bush's.

They were the result of manipulation by Oil producing countries.

I cant accept that tensions with Russia would affect oil prices, other than the fact that those Damned speculators are at it again using oil to hedge against the falling dollar which WOULD be effected by those percieved tensions.
I do mean percieved, as what do they really think is going to happen? War with Russia.
It is indeed a bunch of B.S.
Just another fictitious reason to pull more profits out of the market by screwing us.
Amused

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2008
The US needs to mind it's own business and let the rest of them beat on each other. Screw them, every time we get involved we get screwed one way or another and then a year down the road, the people we picked up off the ground in their time of need are burning our flag. Put us in a bubble and let the rest of the world fend for themselves.
Domestic Oil Supply

Ledyard, CT

#5 Aug 21, 2008
turk101 wrote:
Then explain why this happened in the 1970's under old Jimmy "the peanut" Carter. The issue here is being dependent on forgien oil and it is killing us. Drill here at home now.
Domestic Oil Supply

Ledyard, CT

#6 Aug 21, 2008
tdowen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you quite obviously do not remember the Oil crisises of the early 70's and again in the early 90's long before either of the Bush's.
They were the result of manipulation by Oil producing countries.
I cant accept that tensions with Russia would affect oil prices, other than the fact that those Damned speculators are at it again using oil to hedge against the falling dollar which WOULD be effected by those percieved tensions.
I do mean percieved, as what do they really think is going to happen? War with Russia.
It is indeed a bunch of B.S.
Just another fictitious reason to pull more profits out of the market by screwing us.
That is the darn truth!
tdowen

Conshohocken, PA

#7 Aug 21, 2008
Amused wrote:
The US needs to mind it's own business and let the rest of them beat on each other. Screw them, every time we get involved we get screwed one way or another and then a year down the road, the people we picked up off the ground in their time of need are burning our flag. Put us in a bubble and let the rest of the world fend for themselves.
I'll agree with that 100%.
pwilson

Monroe, CT

#8 Aug 21, 2008
turk101 wrote:
I'm really getting tired of all you dumb-a-s people saying it's Bush-Cheney's fault. Oil prices have been effected by world crises for years. That's a free market driven by emotion and supply/demand. Same thing with stocks.
PLEASE go back to school and get educated or.....SHUT THE ---- UP!
tdowen

Conshohocken, PA

#9 Aug 22, 2008
pwilson, we have been dealing with the ignorance of those types for a long time. We know the facts, dont get so upset with them.

You're health is more important!
pwilson

Monroe, CT

#10 Aug 22, 2008
tdowen wrote:
pwilson, we have been dealing with the ignorance of those types for a long time. We know the facts, dont get so upset with them.
You're health is more important!
Thank you TD. You would think with all the money democrats spend on education, most of these forum writers would know what the hell they were talking about.
BOTTOMLINE

El Paso, TX

#11 Aug 22, 2008
Maybe if the bushwackers TOLD THE TRUTH they wouldn't be so HATED!
Liveuptothe job

Conshohocken, PA

#12 Aug 22, 2008
pwilson wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you TD. You would think with all the money democrats spend on education, most of these forum writers would know what the hell they were talking about.
An excellent point, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Energy Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. Gasoline Price Falls to $3.5206 a Gallon i... Aug '14 rdf 1
Don Brunell | It's not easy being green in the ... Jul '14 Solarman 1
Ex-Osama bin Laden ally turns informant Apr '14 indy 1
FDA Looks Ahead to Withdrawal of Nonprescriptio... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Aldous 5
Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Your Ex 28
Invasive seaweed spreads along New England coast (Dec '12) Jun '13 Campus Bubble 3
Report says Pfizer may try to market OTC Lipitor (Aug '11) May '13 Camden 11
•••

US Energy Systems People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••