Oil jumps $6 on US-Russia tensions

Full story: Connecticut Post

Oil prices shot up $6 a barrel Thursday, rising to the highest level in two weeks as escalating tensions with Russia stoked fears of a disruption of energy shipments to Western countries.
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2008
turk101

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.

The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
As far as I'm conncerned it's all BS.
The amazing Superman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 21, 2008
 
you are right on the money. Also, want the price of oil to go down? Threaten the speculators with investigation again.
tdowen

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

turk101 wrote:
Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.
The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
As far as I'm conncerned it's all BS.
Then you quite obviously do not remember the Oil crisises of the early 70's and again in the early 90's long before either of the Bush's.

They were the result of manipulation by Oil producing countries.

I cant accept that tensions with Russia would affect oil prices, other than the fact that those Damned speculators are at it again using oil to hedge against the falling dollar which WOULD be effected by those percieved tensions.
I do mean percieved, as what do they really think is going to happen? War with Russia.
It is indeed a bunch of B.S.
Just another fictitious reason to pull more profits out of the market by screwing us.
Amused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The US needs to mind it's own business and let the rest of them beat on each other. Screw them, every time we get involved we get screwed one way or another and then a year down the road, the people we picked up off the ground in their time of need are burning our flag. Put us in a bubble and let the rest of the world fend for themselves.
Domestic Oil Supply

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

turk101 wrote:
Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.
The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
As far as I'm conncerned it's all BS.
Then explain why this happened in the 1970's under old Jimmy "the peanut" Carter. The issue here is being dependent on forgien oil and it is killing us. Drill here at home now.
Domestic Oil Supply

Danielson, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

2

tdowen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you quite obviously do not remember the Oil crisises of the early 70's and again in the early 90's long before either of the Bush's.
They were the result of manipulation by Oil producing countries.
I cant accept that tensions with Russia would affect oil prices, other than the fact that those Damned speculators are at it again using oil to hedge against the falling dollar which WOULD be effected by those percieved tensions.
I do mean percieved, as what do they really think is going to happen? War with Russia.
It is indeed a bunch of B.S.
Just another fictitious reason to pull more profits out of the market by screwing us.
That is the darn truth!
tdowen

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 21, 2008
 
Amused wrote:
The US needs to mind it's own business and let the rest of them beat on each other. Screw them, every time we get involved we get screwed one way or another and then a year down the road, the people we picked up off the ground in their time of need are burning our flag. Put us in a bubble and let the rest of the world fend for themselves.
I'll agree with that 100%.
pwilson

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 21, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

turk101 wrote:
Seems to me, any country on this planet can control our oil prices.All they have to do is make a threat against any other cntry. & thats enough to hit us in the pocket book.
The interesting part of this is it never happened til the Bush--Cheney regime took control.
As far as I'm conncerned it's all BS.
I'm really getting tired of all you dumb-a-s people saying it's Bush-Cheney's fault. Oil prices have been effected by world crises for years. That's a free market driven by emotion and supply/demand. Same thing with stocks.
PLEASE go back to school and get educated or.....SHUT THE ---- UP!
tdowen

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

pwilson, we have been dealing with the ignorance of those types for a long time. We know the facts, dont get so upset with them.

You're health is more important!
pwilson

Monroe, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

tdowen wrote:
pwilson, we have been dealing with the ignorance of those types for a long time. We know the facts, dont get so upset with them.
You're health is more important!
Thank you TD. You would think with all the money democrats spend on education, most of these forum writers would know what the hell they were talking about.
BOTTOMLINE

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Maybe if the bushwackers TOLD THE TRUTH they wouldn't be so HATED!
Liveuptothe job

Exton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 22, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

pwilson wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you TD. You would think with all the money democrats spend on education, most of these forum writers would know what the hell they were talking about.
An excellent point, my friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US Energy Systems Discussions

Search the US Energy Systems Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Brunell | It's not easy being green in the ... Sat Solarman 1
Ex-Osama bin Laden ally turns informant Apr '14 indy 1
FDA Looks Ahead to Withdrawal of Nonprescriptio... (Oct '09) Sep '13 Aldous 5
Video: GOP Sen. Enzi: Obamacare "is failing" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Your Ex 28
Invasive seaweed spreads along New England coast (Dec '12) Jun '13 Campus Bubble 3
Report says Pfizer may try to market OTC Lipitor (Aug '11) May '13 Camden 11
Plans to export US natural gas stir debate (May '13) May '13 feeling safe these days 1
•••
•••