Loren McGrew

Tempe, AZ

#1 Feb 13, 2007
several machines running SAV 10 CE are getting hit with the bifrost package. Yes, it is spelled correct and it does act a lot like bifrose. It deposits server.exe inside of windows\system32\bifrost. It chats up your network and tries to head out with information.
SAV does not recognize it. I checked all of the patches and updates, nothing is working. Any clues?
Mesa, Az
Cerberus

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Sep 4, 2007
Loren McGrew wrote:
several machines running SAV 10 CE are getting hit with the bifrost package. Yes, it is spelled correct and it does act a lot like bifrose. It deposits server.exe inside of windows\system32\bifrost. It chats up your network and tries to head out with information.
SAV does not recognize it. I checked all of the patches and updates, nothing is working. Any clues?
Mesa, Az
No Clue but you DO want to get rid of it (if you haven't already) It seems to stop Task Manager from actually allowing you to set it to update (stays perpetually at PAUSED) and in my case came with other virii and made a mess of a machine rebuild I did (from XP to Vista... Ugh) I almost had to redo it all but was able to brute force install Virus SW AND use of Windows Defender found these running ALWAYS. Disabled them, Deleted them and then rebooted (Also found system32/hal.exe ...)

Cerb
coooll

Tunisia

#3 Jan 3, 2009
With this program you can make a undetectable server bifrost 100 %

This is the link :

http://shup.com/Shup/99235/U.EXE

Read the "read me" before use.
Ron

Netherlands

#4 Jan 16, 2009
I like to know the person who creates bifrost,I have to whisper something in his or her ears!!!!

Costs me a whole day to remove his shit from my pc, so.. anybody knows who programmed bifrost? TELL ME
James Stirling

Palm Desert, CA

#5 May 7, 2009
I found the bifrost thing by looking in startup and running services if you go to the start menu then run and type in msconfig.exe. I also noticed readyboost running in services even though it was disabled!!
also the arccon.ac was running with a direct connection to arccon (I have some of their software but never had this run before) even though I hadn't installed anything whatsoever in months I just ran a windows update yesterday. SO it must have been in the update!! That could possibly mean Microsoft is putting crap in the updates to spy on people for other software manufacturers... I was able to stop the start up of arccon by going to the list of start up programs in msconfig and unchecking it then also disabling the service in memory and if you go to the msconfig it shows you where the program is on the computer I deleted the folder and also it shows you the registry location well it wasn't accurate but I found it and deleted it Arc connection. People should possibly boycott Arc Soft for this creepy spy program.
bison

Casablanca, Morocco

#6 May 23, 2009
hi everyone! I know how to deal with bifrost, i learnt that from some vedios on youtube! but i don't know how to create a servere that i will send to my victim!!
please if someone can help i would appreciate it!

thankx
kos o5t 2mreca

Amman, Jordan

#7 Aug 9, 2009
kos 5awatko ya 5wan shrmota
serveur bifrost

Tunis, Tunisia

#8 May 3, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Symantec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebate card balance (May '10) Aug 24 brad nh 26
Symantec failed to remove Sejo worm Jul '14 Mahadevan 1
Symantec Visa Rebate card (Nov '06) Jul '14 clifford hoem 183
Census, cyber, satellites and soccer Jun '14 other poop 1
In a technological upset, Obama bests Clinton (Mar '08) Apr '14 fayebryant00 3
Global Mobile Device Management Enterprise Soft... (Sep '13) Sep '13 RichardBrown12 1
Informatica appoints executive vice president a... (Sep '13) Sep '13 sudheer141 1
•••

Symantec People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••