Julian Assange confirms book deal for memoirs, worth over $1 million

Dec 26, 2010 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.examiner.com

Wikileaks Julian Assange has inked a book deal for between $1.3 and $1.5 million, he confirmed in an interview with the Sunday Times. The money will be used to cover costs relating to Assange's own legal troubles, as well as any lawsuits aimed at the controversial whistle-blowing website.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Will wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a child-raper? Is that like toe-tapping, part of the Right's idea of "patriotism?"
it's a shame your mental capacity will never be over that of a 5 year old.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

acorn obama wrote:
yeah, good memories ... molesting and raping young women! must be nice liberal memories!
The commie loons..........they never stop trying to ruin america........but they do change direction and call it a different name.....communist=democrats=l iberals=progressives and now obamabots. No matter the name used, it's all crap and always stinks.

Since: Oct 08

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Good for him. The government that doesn't want all their dirty laundry aired is getting exactly what they deserve; they're making him a martyr.
Will

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

A Nnoyed wrote:
Hopefully his legal fees are ten times that. And he rots in prison.
Sexual predators like him need to be removed from the public for the safety of women.
Liars who slander others and make false or unsupported claims should be removed from bulletin boards like this one.

So long!:)
Will

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>it's a shame your mental capacity will never be over that of a 5 year old.
Wrong, I exceeded YOUR mental capacity decades ago, Le Spambot...:)
mayo420

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

And while his ardent supporters probably number a couple hundred thousand tops, he will probably sell a million.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Hey don't pay attention to that ignorant uneducated Internet trolling, for 2.5 years on Topix same 'commie liberal Democrats refrain' information saboteur, after the worst 2001-2008 Republican, if not any administration, since the Great Depression of 1929, and 2 needless Iraq/Afghanistan, who directly had nothing to do with 9/11 as the 19 zealots were Saudis, taught to fly in the U.S., and al Queida were terrified of Saddam Hussein's Republican guards; U.S. formally educated Saudi Osama bin Laden, simply supplied funds, regime change wars spilling brave ~5600 American blood,~37,0000 wounded for life brave U.S./ coalition troops; about 750,000 killed/wounded for life Moslems who had nothing to do with 9/11, and no WMD's, and ~$2 trillions dollars in Treasury Federal Deficit, with $7 trillions dollars in corrupt Housing/Energy Hedgefunds Derivatives credit-default-swaps ~11,000,000 foreclosures, diverted to ~9600 illegal short-betting/selling Hedgefunds, age 17 to age 65, 401K, SEP, IRA, Roth, Keogh retirement savings,and inheritance to their children/grandchildren, when the Dow Jones collapsed from a 2007 artificial hi of ~14,500, to a despair lo of ~7500 in Summer of 2008, sic.'Le Jimbo, prison location hidden #25/#26' ad.nausea 10 cents posts that don't even amount to a dollar, "Will, Westerville, OH #28/#29 !!
F.M
Deng

Zhenjiang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

IS THAT ALL THE MONEY HE GETS?

HE SHOULD FIND ANOTHER FINANCIAL ADVISER.

"Julian Assange confirms book deal for memoirs, worth over $1 million"

“hilary's reset button”

Since: Mar 10

Centerport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

I'm sure the NY Slimes will review it enthusiastically. they hate America as much as this s(umbag.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Well, if the deal is really true, which I doubt as the guy has no biographical history to fill 350 pages, actually Julian Assange would get a five-figure taxable advance from the Publisher, and then about 6% taxable royalties on all book-sales. So he would have to sell about 22,500,000 copies, for a net $1.3 MM. which he would have to share with the other 2 Wikileaks stakeholders partners! The about $500,000 advance would pay, as intended for part of his projected legal fees, extradition from the U.K. to the Scandinavian authorities, and then the fun starts, when he is remanded to custody in the U.S.!? "Deng Zhenjiang, China #33"!!
F.M.
Deng

Zhenjiang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

WELL KNOWING THE UNITED STATES JUDICIAL SYSTEM, HE CAN EXPECT THE SAME TYPE OF "JUSTICE" THERE AS O.J. SIMPSON.

Well, if the deal is really true, which I doubt as the guy has no biographical history to fill 350 pages, actually Julian Assange would get a five-figure taxable advance from the Publisher, and then about 6% taxable royalties on all book-sales. So he would have to sell about 22,500,000 copies, for a net $1.3 MM. which he would have to share with the other 2 Wikileaks stakeholders partners! The about $500,000 advance would pay, as intended for part of his projected legal fees, extradition from the U.K. to the Scandinavian authorities, and then the fun starts, when he is remanded to custody in the U.S.!? "Deng Zhenjiang, China #33"!!
F.M.
frank miller wrote:
F.M.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Clarification of my #14 post: Perhaps the most incendiary aspect, at first glance of Australian citizen Julian Assange''bragadocio' in releasing the last batch of Defense Dpt. documents on Wikileak, whence our ally Saudi Arabia where nearby we have a Military/Navy base, wanted during the G.W. Bush 2001-2008 Administration a concurrent with Iraq, it seems 'invasion' of Iran, to prevent it from developing nuclear weapons.
*Well it so happens that the Saudi Arabian Shia {Shiite}, 15 % is the minority Muslim sect there. For a long time the Shia have suffered discrimination in politics, economics, culture, and religion...On Aug. 1993, of the 60 members of the new royally appointed Saudi Advisory Council, only one is Shia...no Shia can serve as ambassa-
dor..."

Well it also happens to be true that the religious sectarian Muslim majority in Iran is Shiite {Shia}!!
Long ago I have made the analogy between fundamentalists Sunnis, and progressive Shiites,
as between Catholics, and progressive Protestants! So on further analysis, and Iran's long tradition of Otterman Empire both liberal arts, and sciences contributions, it's no wonder that Iran, with virtually all it's dwindling oil reserves, now going to China, India, Taiwan, South Korea for both transportation fuels, and petrochemicals raw materials/finished goods wants to build Nuclear plants using it's own Scientists!
Well I also see the strategic requisite for monitoring it's Pu239, U235/U238 fractionations, as long as there is no peace agreement between Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Palestinians! A pity, as Iran can be Israel's best friend! That is what I'm told by some educated American Iranians!!
F.M.
frank miller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

*Note: Thesis by Zhang Rongrong...University of China {2007-2008}.
F.M.
1776 Orwel

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

frank miller wrote:
Clarification of my #14 post: Perhaps the most incendiary aspect, at first glance of Australian citizen Julian Assange''bragadocio' in releasing the last batch of Defense Dpt. documents on Wikileak, whence our ally Saudi Arabia where nearby we have a Military/Navy base, wanted during the G.W. Bush 2001-2008 Administration a concurrent with Iraq, it seems 'invasion' of Iran, to prevent it from developing nuclear weapons.
*Well it so happens that the Saudi Arabian Shia {Shiite}, 15 % is the minority Muslim sect there. For a long time the Shia have suffered discrimination in politics, economics, culture, and religion...On Aug. 1993, of the 60 members of the new royally appointed Saudi Advisory Council, only one is Shia...no Shia can serve as ambassa-
dor..."
Well it also happens to be true that the religious sectarian Muslim majority in Iran is Shiite {Shia}!!
Long ago I have made the analogy between fundamentalists Sunnis, and progressive Shiites,
as between Catholics, and progressive Protestants! So on further analysis, and Iran's long tradition of Otterman Empire both liberal arts, and sciences contributions, it's no wonder that Iran, with virtually all it's dwindling oil reserves, now going to China, India, Taiwan, South Korea for both transportation fuels, and petrochemicals raw materials/finished goods wants to build Nuclear plants using it's own Scientists!
Well I also see the strategic requisite for monitoring it's Pu239, U235/U238 fractionations, as long as there is no peace agreement between Israel, West Bank, and Gaza Palestinians! A pity, as Iran can be Israel's best friend! That is what I'm told by some educated American Iranians!!
F.M.
i give up on U ;)
maverick

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Judged:

Whats the life expectancy of a butt hole who has exposed the top secrets of multi-national command authorities...and everybody knows where he is...LOL
Tedsliver

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Assange is following the path of Al Gore.
Dr Mohammed AL-Saedi

Turku, Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The commie loons..........they never stop trying to ruin america........but they do change direction and call it a different name.....communist=democrats=l iberals=progressives and now obamabots. No matter the name used, it's all crap and always stinks.
Who was it that America ? No, it was an ominous cracked devil's chick. Soon enough that ominous devil's chick shall be brought to justice and once again the decent people will reclaim their present time and will reclaim their future.
Allen

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Forget Assange and his $1,500,000 corporate book deal (some rebel, what a sell-out), instead read a book that’s really been BANNED like “America Deceived II” by E.A. Blayre III.
Last link (before Google Books bans it also]:
http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Random House Discussions

Search the Random House Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Reform Is Not Enough: The Federal Government Ne... (Aug '12) Aug '12 National Whistleblower 5
It's Time to Clean House (Mar '12) Mar '12 HATE 12
What Even Rupert Murdoch Can't Control (Aug '10) Jul '11 BestAnswer 3
Publishers plan few high-profile books for 10th... (Jun '11) Jun '11 REV CAROL 1
Obama children's book 'Of Thee I Sing' out Nov. 16 (Sep '10) Sep '10 xtp 271
Obama children's book 'Of Thee I Sing' .. a hit ? (Sep '10) Sep '10 wowow 1
Obama To Release Children's Book In Nov. (Sep '10) Sep '10 pythias07 1
•••
•••
•••
•••