Obama to campaign in N.C. this week | NEWS | Asheville CITIZEN

Obama campaign announces visits to Fayetteville, Charlotte Illinois Sen. Barack Obama will bring his Democratic presidential campaign to North Carolina this week. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MUZLUM OUSTER

Hickory, NC

#1 Mar 17, 2008
The secret weapon of Bin-laden is coming to town .
What

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2008
The OBVIOUS Dumbazz has just spoken^^^

F'n TOOL!

Since: May 07

Waynesville, NC

#4 Mar 17, 2008
Is he bringing his pastor? That's who I really want to hear.
Hypocrits

Asheville, NC

#5 Mar 17, 2008
"thou shalt not bear false witness," Exodus 20 Verse 16

"A hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbor." Prov. 11:9

Those who continue to try to portray Obama as a muslim, may want to evalute the teachings of christianity before they continue to spread things that may be false.

Since: May 07

Waynesville, NC

#6 Mar 17, 2008
Hypocrits wrote:
"thou shalt not bear false witness," Exodus 20 Verse 16
"A hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbor." Prov. 11:9
Those who continue to try to portray Obama as a muslim, may want to evalute the teachings of christianity before they continue to spread things that may be false.
Oh, I don't think anyone will believe that after seeing Rev. Wright. But they may question whether or not he is a Christian.
alekas

Taylorsville, NC

#7 Mar 17, 2008
Hypocrits wrote:
"thou shalt not bear false witness," Exodus 20 Verse 16
"A hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbor." Prov. 11:9
Those who continue to try to portray Obama as a muslim, may want to evalute the teachings of christianity before they continue to spread things that may be false.
His faith is immaterial. His judgment, however, is very much in question.
mlc9852

Waynesville, NC

#8 Mar 17, 2008
alekas wrote:
<quoted text>
His faith is immaterial. His judgment, however, is very much in question.
I also believe his honesty (I know, he's a politician) is very much in question also.
wonder why

United States

#9 Mar 17, 2008
HONESTY!!!! I would suggest that he and his 20 year idiot racist preacher/teacher purchase the bankrupt Chevrolet/Ford dealership in Black Mountain. They should fit right into the profession!!!!
Raz Lemons

United States

#10 Mar 17, 2008
And once again there is no North Carolina west of Charlotte ????

Since: May 07

Waynesville, NC

#11 Mar 17, 2008
wonder why wrote:
HONESTY!!!! I would suggest that he and his 20 year idiot racist preacher/teacher purchase the bankrupt Chevrolet/Ford dealership in Black Mountain. They should fit right into the profession!!!!
LOL - no argument here!
nope

Asheville, NC

#12 Mar 17, 2008
wonder why wrote:
HONESTY!!!! I would suggest that he and his 20 year idiot racist preacher/teacher purchase the bankrupt Chevrolet/Ford dealership in Black Mountain. They should fit right into the profession!!!!
they aint black enough for Black Mtn...lol...
Hypocrits

Asheville, NC

#13 Mar 17, 2008
Does that man that John McCain believes that god smited new orleans due to the gay parade that year that hurricaine katrina? Pasto John Hagee said so. So does that mean John McCain agrees?

He also stated that Jesus was not the messiah. He also stated that the catholic church was "the great whore" and that catholics are part of a fake cult system.

How can you blame Obama for comments made by someone else when he was not present?

Do you agree with every thing that comes out of your ministers mouth? I don't.

Did those parishoners in Waynesville last election agree that if you support a democrat, you must repent or resign your church membership?

It is ok to oppose Obama. But he should be opposed for something he has said, and not something someone else has said.

We didnt hold it against Bush when he said that he "didnt give a goddamn what was in the coustitution, it is only a piece of paper".(And those were his words and not those of another person.)
Hypocrits

Asheville, NC

#14 Mar 17, 2008
mlc9852 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't think anyone will believe that after seeing Rev. Wright. But they may question whether or not he is a Christian.
Does this mean that all 8000 members of that church are not christians?

How about the 10,000 members of the church that closted gay Ted Haggard led? Since he was a fag does that mean all the members were also living lives of sin?

Are the catholic members of a church whose priest molestes a kid also by proxy a child molester?

If my pastor sins am I the one who is accountable for it even if I was not present for the sinning?

I think no matter who the democratic nominee is, one thing we can always count of the right to do is question their patriotism, and their faith. It happens every election and this one is no different. If you recall, last time it was that Kerry was not a true christian cause he is pro-choice.

Same arguments, different candidate and you guys whould be singing the same tune be it clinton, edwards, biden, kucinich or whomever.
YO MAMA

Hickory, NC

#15 Mar 17, 2008
Hypocrits wrote:
Does that man that John McCain believes that god smited new orleans due to the gay parade that year that hurricaine katrina? Pasto John Hagee said so. So does that mean John McCain agrees?
He also stated that Jesus was not the messiah. He also stated that the catholic church was "the great whore" and that catholics are part of a fake cult system.
How can you blame Obama for comments made by someone else when he was not present?
Do you agree with every thing that comes out of your ministers mouth? I don't.
Did those parishoners in Waynesville last election agree that if you support a democrat, you must repent or resign your church membership?
It is ok to oppose Obama. But he should be opposed for something he has said, and not something someone else has said.
We didnt hold it against Bush when he said that he "didnt give a goddamn what was in the coustitution, it is only a piece of paper".(And those were his words and not those of another person.)
Hitler said more than EBAUMa ever thinks about saying. It's not always what you are saying , the company you keep speaks volumes!!!
Hypocrits

Asheville, NC

#16 Mar 18, 2008
YO MAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler said more than EBAUMa ever thinks about saying. It's not always what you are saying , the company you keep speaks volumes!!!
I see u are a fox noose watcher. They stated the same line.

There seems to be a double standard with christians.

No one says a word when falwell and robertson blame 9/11 on gays, women who have had an abortion, those who make movies in hollywood etc...

No one says a word when billy graham says jews are ruinging the country. On the contrary the right is offended if a president does not meet with graham for counsel.

No one says anything about john hagee saying catholics are part of a cult.

No one says a word about everyone in those congragations having to give up their memberships or being associated with hitler.

just sounds like a double standard to me. the fact is that people on the right are looking for a reason to oppose obama. And even though these remarks are the same as every other hate mongor minister, the right wants to acct like obama's minister is the only one making them.

i dont not condone these remarks. all i am saying is that these remarks are no worse that the remarks by the likes of billy graham, pat robertson, jerry falwell, the pastor in waynesville, or any other minister in the country.

they are all equally bad. it's just a case of the right wanting to think that their sh*t dont stink and their mega church preachers are not guilty of the same comments.(when clearly they are.)

i cant blame obama for someone elses words, just like i cant blame all you nice people for billy grahams anti-semetic words.

is it too much to ask the billy graham followers to extend the same courtesy to obama and not blame him for someone elses words?

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#17 Mar 18, 2008
Raz Lemons wrote:
And once again there is no North Carolina west of Charlotte ????
That's right and let's keep it that way. Keep that mess down east!
somebody

United States

#19 Sep 27, 2008
Get serious people and picture your life in the next couple of years, if you continue struggling to make it in AMERICA. Obama'spastor nor anyone else in his life is running for president.Lets stic to the Facts of Life.
MUZLUM OUSTER wrote:
The secret weapon of Bin-laden is coming to town .
you funny little racist

Lincolnton, NC

#20 Sep 27, 2008
MUZLUM OUSTER wrote:
The secret weapon of Bin-laden is coming to town .
you funny little racist
Tawsum

Leicester, NC

#21 Oct 2, 2008
I am appalled! these same 'Christians' state that Obama is the anti-christ. Hmmm.

-If you are saliciously awaiting the rapture...then wouldn't it serve to vote for Obama?

I mean, with all your false-witnessing, hate-spewing racism, I just KNOW your gonna go to heaven! Shoot!

And that Sarah Palin minister from Kenya! wow-wow-wow! Now there is Christ in action!

Mc Cain did not have a minister...or much God in anything. He had to go fishing around the country, then they fired Mc Cain. Guess Mc Cain was too close to Jesus for them.

If you are a person living in this country and you are voting on race, I pity you and our country.

Bush has killed and displaced millions of people and it came out last week it was for oil. From Iraq. They opened a new Exxon/Mobile there. Wonder if he has a full tank? He has crippled our nation financially. We are now referred to, world-wide, as a 'Bananna Republic with Nukes', small businesses are closing, shops are shutting down, unemployment is at it's highest rate, the stock market is plunging worlkd-wide and people are losing thier homes and jobs in record numbers.

Want job secutiry??? The best job security in this nation right now is in car repossession. It used to be in the health field.

So, goody, you want the war to rage on, you want more people to lose thier everything that meant anything, and your a proud American? What does America really mean to you?

Mc Cain wants to deregulate health care just like social security and the stock market. Now there's a plan!

Since: Feb 08

Lincolnton, NC

#22 Oct 2, 2008
Tawsum wrote:
I am appalled! these same 'Christians' state that Obama is the anti-christ. Hmmm.
-If you are saliciously awaiting the rapture...then wouldn't it serve to vote for Obama?
I mean, with all your false-witnessing, hate-spewing racism, I just KNOW your gonna go to heaven! Shoot!
And that Sarah Palin minister from Kenya! wow-wow-wow! Now there is Christ in action!
Mc Cain did not have a minister...or much God in anything. He had to go fishing around the country, then they fired Mc Cain. Guess Mc Cain was too close to Jesus for them.
If you are a person living in this country and you are voting on race, I pity you and our country.
Bush has killed and displaced millions of people and it came out last week it was for oil. From Iraq. They opened a new Exxon/Mobile there. Wonder if he has a full tank? He has crippled our nation financially. We are now referred to, world-wide, as a 'Bananna Republic with Nukes', small businesses are closing, shops are shutting down, unemployment is at it's highest rate, the stock market is plunging worlkd-wide and people are losing thier homes and jobs in record numbers.
Want job secutiry??? The best job security in this nation right now is in car repossession. It used to be in the health field.
So, goody, you want the war to rage on, you want more people to lose thier everything that meant anything, and your a proud American? What does America really mean to you?
Mc Cain wants to deregulate health care just like social security and the stock market. Now there's a plan!
If it was for oil. Where the heck is it? LOL Car repossession is due to the higher fuel costs that the Democrats fight to prevent drilling for our own. Obama did not want to regulate Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Now that he has benefited, we get to foot the bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deer pays startling visit to New York homeowner Nov '14 Lawrence Wolf 4
Holness blames politics for impeding fight agai... Nov '14 Blacktigershark 2
Video Spotlight - Gangs in Jacksonville -- Part... (Feb '08) Oct '14 Jae Bee 42
Reports: China body-searched 10,000 pigeons Oct '14 DEMOCRACY for CHINA 14
Fear Among Flight Attendants After US Ebola Dia... Oct '14 Jeff Brightone 1
how to find a boyfriend in other country ? Sep '14 yenyen9899 1
what is the best forums in usa (Nov '08) Sep '14 youssefhd 129
More from around the web