Moral failures led to current financial crisis - Greenwich Time

Full story: Greenwich Time

A precursor to the financial Armageddon that has drained the wealth of so many was the moral bankruptcy that we declared along the way.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Cake or Death?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 23, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

rayk469 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of what the president reviews each morning concerns reports by human intelligence resources. Call them agents, informers, spies, whatever, it would cost their lives if the information they relay was made public. This is not to mention that their deaths would create blind spots where we might need them the most. A primary, publicly known fact that most have forgotten is that we thought Saddam had the weapons because we had given them to him at a time when we supported the man. It was reasonable to assume he still had some of those. My personal opinion is that we should not have attacked Iraq because that's not what America does, ideologically. Iraq, by the way, was not a quick decision at all. That one took months and was a decision left over from the Clinton group who should have made it. But then, IMO, there are lots of things that Slick Willie should have done differently. I'm always amused by the folks who lay this mortgage meltdown at Bush's door, when it was ol' Slick who started the ball rolling in 1995 with modifications to the CRA. America has a terribly short memory. The last part of the equation is the fact that we're all human, and that means mistakes. A wise man told me that if I'd show him a man who made no mistakes, he'd show me a man who never did anything.
$9b a month instead of a sniper crew at distance or a cruise missile.. Really? That’s right you are old and retired.. you will not be picking up the tab for this moron. You believe the president acts in the American peoples best interests.. like in the old days...$9b a month on shore verses of $9b off shore.... and he did a bang up job of not changing the leadership in place quickly, with less costs involved as well.

The international legal prohibitions against assassination also do not present a significant obstacle to the use of assassination by the U.S. Government. International customary and treaty law does not prohibit the sort of open attacks generally employed by the United States when it strikes directly at foreign leaders.

http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/lawreviews/meta...

To busy flying to read? The sad part is the comprehension skills lacking… or the blind eye turned because of the perception of being polite. If I said I would wanted to ship $9b a month to a foreign power….. instead of spend it here at home…. someone could logically surmise that it would be in fact better for the Country if the monies where spent here.. But you ignore the blaring facts and be polite grand pa.. as you were…
Ronnie Reagan

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 23, 2008
 
The foremost political analyst in the world, Charles Krauthammer, gave a great idea on what to do with the Wall Street crooks:

Hang the corrupt tycoons live on TV and use the advertising dollars generated to pay back the public.

These criminals have shattered millions of lives and possibly our entire free market system.

I know it won't happen but putting the Fear of God into them might be the only way restore some public accountability to these crooks.

Since: Dec 08

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 23, 2008
 
JW n FL wrote:
<quoted text>
$9b a month instead of a sniper crew at distance or a cruise missile.. Really? That’s right you are old and retired.. you will not be picking up the tab for this moron. You believe the president acts in the American peoples best interests.. like in the old days...$9b a month on shore verses of $9b off shore.... and he did a bang up job of not changing the leadership in place quickly, with less costs involved as well.
The international legal prohibitions against assassination also do not present a significant obstacle to the use of assassination by the U.S. Government. International customary and treaty law does not prohibit the sort of open attacks generally employed by the United States when it strikes directly at foreign leaders.
http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/lawreviews/meta...
To busy flying to read? The sad part is the comprehension skills lacking… or the blind eye turned because of the perception of being polite. If I said I would wanted to ship $9b a month to a foreign power….. instead of spend it here at home…. someone could logically surmise that it would be in fact better for the Country if the monies where spent here.. But you ignore the blaring facts and be polite grand pa.. as you were…
That's quite a little tirade, JW. Perhaps you're right about my reading comprehension, because I've had the devil's own time trying to understand what you were attempting to say. I'm especially interested in what you refer to as "blaring facts". Do you mean the various, meaningless little papers issued by this or that socialist?

Yes, I am polite in debates and social settings, when people allow me to be. However, I spent 27 years in the military and not once do I recall saying "Excuse me" when I dropped bombs on targets. And even at this "advanced" age I carry, I still walk where I choose, when I choose. By act of congress I am an officer and gentleman, and try to live up to those standards. I am also well-trained enough that there are those you had rather make angry. Why is it that you are incapable of debate without resorting to name calling? In my experience, that smacks of poor education. Your spelling and grammar bear that out, as well. Go play with someone else, kid. There be monsters here.

“Cake or Death?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 23, 2008
 
Officer... Smells of Air Force to me.. the inability to hit the target or comprehend outside of a flight plan.. O never mind.. You caught me at a tender moment I apologize for the spelling.. I was typing at a fevered pitch..
But, since you have taken the time out of your day.. allow me to show you the same respect.
The jist beyond the tantrum was..$9b a month offshore as opposed to $9b a month on shore..
No magic no spin.. No spell check.. Explain to me.. if you would…. Why that is not more prevalent than spelling? O never mind.. And the monster thing pops.. really? On line tuff guy? Really? Are you going to type me to death or dodge the BLARING FACTS again?
I know.. I know.. Congress implies and Congressional Medal of Honor… helva vote to get that done but what you did and what you do know don’t mesh..
So the question stands. Why does this Saudi loving Texan get to send $9b a month offshore… I might add (as I am more than a lil miffed) that I did NOT mention the Air Force as they have a problem finding the target.. That is why I said Marines.. Kisses sugar britches and try to stay on topic without getting your pretty lil fly boy jump suit g-string in a bunch..huh

But if you have long given up the right stuff.. I will of course understand.

Since: Dec 08

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 23, 2008
 
JW n FL wrote:
Officer... Smells of Air Force to me.. the inability to hit the target or comprehend outside of a flight plan.. O never mind.. You caught me at a tender moment I apologize for the spelling.. I was typing at a fevered pitch..
But, since you have taken the time out of your day.. allow me to show you the same respect.
The jist beyond the tantrum was..$9b a month offshore as opposed to $9b a month on shore..
No magic no spin.. No spell check.. Explain to me.. if you would…. Why that is not more prevalent than spelling? O never mind.. And the monster thing pops.. really? On line tuff guy? Really? Are you going to type me to death or dodge the BLARING FACTS again?
I know.. I know.. Congress implies and Congressional Medal of Honor… helva vote to get that done but what you did and what you do know don’t mesh..
So the question stands. Why does this Saudi loving Texan get to send $9b a month offshore… I might add (as I am more than a lil miffed) that I did NOT mention the Air Force as they have a problem finding the target.. That is why I said Marines.. Kisses sugar britches and try to stay on topic without getting your pretty lil fly boy jump suit g-string in a bunch..huh
But if you have long given up the right stuff.. I will of course understand.
If you wish to debate in a civilized manner, without the histrionics, we can debate. If you intend to continue with the childish sugar britches sort of nonsense, forget it. I have better things to do. By the way, I'm not sure how you made the leap from "officer and gentleman by act of congress" to the Congressional Medal of Honor, but I am not a recipient of that award. Pilots mainly do the grunt work in a war, the very unglamorous daily sweating out of missions. Seldom do we have the opportunity to reach Medal of Honor level activities.
Captain Obvious

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 27, 2008
 
rayk469 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to debate in a civilized manner, without the histrionics, we can debate. If you intend to continue with the childish sugar britches sort of nonsense, forget it. I have better things to do. By the way, I'm not sure how you made the leap from "officer and gentleman by act of congress" to the Congressional Medal of Honor, but I am not a recipient of that award. Pilots mainly do the grunt work in a war, the very unglamorous daily sweating out of missions. Seldom do we have the opportunity to reach Medal of Honor level activities.
Ray it is almost if you had to remind yourself of your place in the pecking order isn't it?

I think your Boy Bush should be shot for treason.

Let’s start there and work our way naturally into some dialogue, shall we?
art

Grand Island, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Feb 26, 2012
 
A Letter Given to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear

The heart of The Lord is angered by what He has seen, and enraged by what He has heard! The heart of The Lord is ablaze! The heat of The Lord shall melt down the high places and turn the wicked to dust, scattering them upon the waste places!

Behold, the devices of men shall be turned to ash,
Beneath the feet of My witnesses...

For the fire of The Lord falls from heaven in front of them,
And consumes and destroys behind them! Says The Lord.

The fire of The Most High burns as a mighty terrible one, as a great and dreadful storm rushing down a mountain, which has burst forth from its hold... As roiling clouds and thunder, releasing its fury upon all in the path of its destruction. It is great and terrible!... A suffocating plague covering the cities!

For ages has it been silent, storing up strength in its stillness...

For a multitude of days has its terrible heat been restrained,
And its great power hidden beneath the weight of the mountain...

Ready to break forth in its due season,
Bringing great calamity at its time appointed...

Thus is the indignation of The Father!

Thus is the strength of The Son!

For the strength of The Son is manifest in His glory and by the power of His word, poured out in judgment... A sharp double-edged sword unsheathed, striking at all these nations gathered before Him!... Piercing blows, dividing them asunder!... Consuming wrath from The Almighty, upon all His enemies! The Day is near! The Day has come! And what evil shall prevent the hand of The Mashiach, from gathering His own from among the nations?... For His return is at hand!

The Day of The Almighty is come! And who shall stand?!...

Who shall stand against the Day,
And prevent The Holy One from coming in His strength?!

What army can withstand Him and the power of His sword?!...

For they shall all be as wax before the fire,
When His brilliance is displayed!

Therefore, fear The Almighty God, and put all your trust in His Holy One. For the power of The God of Israel is displayed in His Holy One...
For He is the express image of The Holy, whose name is Yah!... Whose salvation is YahuShua!... The Mighty One of Jacob!... Whose hand reaches far and wide, whose strength is almighty, whose wisdom holds all creation in His understanding!... Whose love endures forever...
He, whose righteousness comes, and had been stretched out before us, for every eye to see... The end of which shall be as a flood, cleansing the sanctuary of His mercy... Restoring all things, even to a new heavens and a new earth.

Therefore, now is the time appointed!...
Now is the time to give Him glory!...

Now is the appointed season, for the power of God to be made known...

For the name of The Holy One to be glorified
Above the heights of the mountains,
To overshadow every hill.

Behold, the whole of creation shall bow and give Him glory! His time has come! The time has come for The King to return and gather, to reveal the glory of His might!... Immanu El!...
Yes, The Rock, The Stone Everlasting, is coming quickly to strike the great image... To break apart every foundation, to spread forth as a flood, until only The Great Mountain remains. Then shall they know, I AM THE LORD!... And The Father and The Son are, indeed, ONE.

Behold, the earth shall be full of the knowledge of YaHuWaH’s glory,
As the water covers the depths of the sea.

As it was and is written, so shall it be... Says The Lord.

http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lehman Brothers Discussions

Search the Lehman Brothers Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
American banks: From Whoo hoo to boo hoo (Sep '08) Mar '14 Ameline 12
Bank bailout plans loosen credit markets a bit;... (Sep '08) Mar '14 Lucina 6
Top Firm Says Salary & Bonus Pot Will Fall By A... (Sep '08) Mar '14 Jorry 2
Hank Paulson Defends Lehman Rout, Gives Bush Pr... (Feb '10) Feb '14 swedenforever 18
Obama: Budget tightening could widen income gap (Sep '13) Jan '14 TruthURGENT 32
One dark financial day in our nation (Sep '08) Dec '13 punK 138
Hank Paulson, hero? (Sep '13) Sep '13 ken 1
•••
•••