uniongal2386

Chester, IL

#1 Apr 16, 2009
IAC Madisonville voted NO today to opening our contract. We were never given an exact amount that they are wanting from us, we were only told 1.6 million.
UAW Rocks

Southfield, MI

#2 Apr 17, 2009
Your committee will be in Detroit next week to start negotiating. Better wake up and smell the coffee or you may find your little plant may get closed and then what are you going to do.
Curious

Tazewell, VA

#3 Apr 17, 2009
You never really had the option of whether to "open" your contract or not...none of us did!
They're opening them at all 12 UAW plants.
I saw on another topic they're asking for more than $6 from you guys, is that true?
uniongal2386 wrote:
IAC Madisonville voted NO today to opening our contract. We were never given an exact amount that they are wanting from us, we were only told 1.6 million.
Huh

Madisonville, KY

#4 Apr 18, 2009
why the hell do we even have a union if the company and international has the final say so.
sad, there is no security in the union at all.
All it is now is: "open up the contract, we decide what you make, and then if you don't agree we will close you!!" why have contracts!! nobody's word is good anymore. especially the union. Madisonville plant had 400 people at one time. They have layed off and layed off and their down to 100 some employees. In the past two years. now their wanting to take more away. unemployment wages are good now. they won't be later. were losing no matter what.
pissed

Southfield, MI

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Im sitting here wondering with all the other people coming to are plant looking around, if they are going to shut us down before they work us to death. we had a few molds go out to freemont, they say we are just way under manned and after we get caught up they will be back . we have all heard these lies from this company before,when will it end...
sweet2386

United States

#7 Sep 21, 2010
What is up with all the supervisors from other plants being here in ours. Here we are working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week and other plants are having shutdowns! Are we doing that good that we need help or are they in here taking our work ?
disgruntle

Southfield, MI

#8 Sep 21, 2010
sweet2386 wrote:
What is up with all the supervisors from other plants being here in ours. Here we are working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week and other plants are having shutdowns! Are we doing that good that we need help or are they in here taking our work ?
the company personel does not understand article 3 section 1 [ exclusive right to manage its business ] so they brought in people they thought could help the madisonville plant...
We The People

Poland, IN

#9 Sep 22, 2010
If they are shutting you guys down then they are being hush about here in Greencastle. My boss has been down there for his second week now. We were told that they are trying to reorganize you guys so that things run a little smoother. I hope that is true rather than closing. They have done this before at our plant too.
2386 Mad

Brea, CA

#10 Sep 23, 2010
The extra people are here only to help us implement our process to gain product for our business requirements.
MadIAC

Owensboro, KY

#11 Sep 23, 2010
Gain product? Watching molds go out the door to other plants is not gaining product for us maybe Fremont! By all means our management needs help to manage their business, thats why we are in the shape we are in now. The statement they give to the union for grievances answers (the right to manage buisness) gives a whole new meaning when they have to call in other plants to help! Solution to the problem bring back more people to cover the undermanning where one crew doesnt have to cover 2 lines and find someone that can order things where we dont run out of them.
2386 Mad

Brea, CA

#12 Sep 23, 2010
If ur machines are not running,what having more workers going to help the problems ya are having.That is all management for not doing the right moves before ya got in that shape!!!!!!
Lear Girl

Brea, CA

#13 Sep 23, 2010
Hay union brothers and sister they have been closing that plant for years so I have been told. Unite together with ur member ship goes a long way.Brother and Sisters must be doing something right because the plant is still open.Just make a stand and demand management to do the right things.These are your lives and your way of living don't let them take that away,They have took plenty from the IAC plants $ time to stand it's brothers and sisters of the unions that's make up our middle class and they want to do away with that .
IACgroup

Brea, CA

#14 Sep 23, 2010
Does the bosses work with the union there?
disgruntle

United States

#15 Sep 24, 2010
IACgroup wrote:
Does the bosses work with the union there?
some do others do what ever they want an then tell u to grieve it.
IACgroup

United States

#16 Oct 7, 2010
Where did all the over-time go.It seems to me other iac supervises made a different in the plant. Maybe the leaders of the plant wasn't going the right way!
disgruntle

Southfield, MI

#17 Oct 7, 2010
IACgroup wrote:
Where did all the over-time go.It seems to me other iac supervises made a different in the plant. Maybe the leaders of the plant wasn't going the right way!
True it has slowed some but we still have three molds out of the plant. They brought back a couple to break out some blow molding machines but we still have a ways to go yet,and i would like to thank the ones that came to our plant to help,now if it would just continue after they leave.
IACgroup

United States

#18 Nov 8, 2010
The rumor is the molds that went to green castle may not be coming back to the Madisonville plant.Is their any word on them coming back?That would not look vary stable for the plant!
IACgroup

Eddyville, KY

#19 Dec 24, 2010
They are calling back 20 laid-off employee's , that is a good sign.Iac madisonville seems to be moving the right direction.Does any one know how many are still laid-off at this time? What is the union doing to get them back?or are they doing anything about the people that are out their waiting for work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lear Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lear Ajax (Jan '08) Oct 13 Some1 2,915
Strike at Lear plant in Ajax Jun '14 Some1 4
IAC Sheboygan (Mar '10) Jun '14 anonymous 68
Whitby (Mar '07) May '14 86 seniority 1,471
uaw (Apr '14) Apr '14 Dawn Chambers 1
Lear Announces $325 Million Senior Notes Offering (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dawn Chambers 1
2014 bonus (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dawn Chambers 1

Lear Corporation People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE