J&J behavior bewildering to some consumers

Some Inland Valley health professionals and parents are puzzled about the recent negative news surrounding a popular household product company - Johnson & Johnson. Full Story
Dave

Sanford, NC

#1 May 30, 2010
WHAT!! That is children and the lives of loved ones and they do this? What in the world is going on? We will not make it much longer acting like this towards one another. Good bye cruel world with humans. Hello world without us! Get the picture?
Not Shocking

Upland, CA

#2 May 30, 2010
Society is driven by greed and selfishness. Those that rise through the ranks of corporate life into the highest positions and boards are nearly always the greediest and most selfish of all. I've worked in enough companies and industries to see the same pattern over and over. The concern isn't about safeguarding the health of employees, customers, people, animals, or the environment. It's about making money, and making it now. How big can I build my stock option bonus this year?

What are the consequences of this? Look at the pollution in our water, our air. Look at the tainted products such as those mentioned in the article, or the cadmium-laced kids' jewelry. Look at the Gulf of Mexico. Look at the general decline of civilized behavior of all towards others in society in day-to-day interactions.

No, the decline of quality in products from a previously trusted manufacturer is not remotely shocking.

Since: Apr 10

Pomona, CA

#3 May 30, 2010
This is no surprise to learn that the large corporates are only interested in the bottom line. If a few consumers die along the way, so be it. After the blood banks learned in the early 80's that AIDS was being transmitted by tainted blood, they continued its use, until testing was developed to detect which quantities were contaminated.
ConcernedParent

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 May 30, 2010
CORPORATE GREED
The Medical Quack

Westminster, CA

#5 May 30, 2010
Unfortunately recalls of all types are going to continue with the additional knowledge we have today along with transparency. Thus I have a little campaign at my blog to empower consumers and pressure the FDA/drug companies/device manufacturers to begin using bar codes, aka Tags that we could simply use our cell phones as "scanners" so we can be informed.
It was published as a suggestion too at Microsoft, since it is there technology but it is all free for consumers and a big part of it would be free at the other end to provide this empowerment. We need it now and it's a shame too that people get implanted with defective devices that kill them simply because of an oversight where it was not removed from the hospital or doctor's inventory.
http://ducknetweb.blogspot.com/2010/05/micros...
I have written suggesting this to the FDA, Johnson and Johnson a few others too, plus it will help in finding stolen and counterfeit drugs . It's about time for some action.
nomore

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 May 30, 2010
Of course the corporate system works like this in the US. It is up the federal government to protect the consumer [1]. But, the federal government ignores the voters who elect them and pay their salaries, and instead only obey the corporations that fund their campaigns.

It is scary that the one local consumer interviewed assumed the problem is fixed. Does she believe the oil gusher in the Gulf has stopped because BP is on it? Did the IEDB actually interview several people to find one with a pro-corporate attitude?

As to bar codes, that is a great idea. If the FDA could be persuaded to do its job, that is, which is unlikely to happen.

[1] Some will disagree on the grounds of political ideology. However, politically, this is covered by the general welfare clause of the US Constitution. And, if one combines the principles of modern finance theory with the practical aspects of consumer regulation, the need for effective regulation of markets by a powerful outside agent is obvious, and so are the benefits to those who are regulated.
Webelo

San Jose, CA

#7 Mar 8, 2012
I feel sorry about this. Johnson and Johnson is one of the most trusted and respected company in the world and with this latest problems they are facing such as distributing defective artificial hip devices and medicine is quite alarming. I just hope J and J will have to do something about this to save them from total downfall. Check this site http://www.depuypinnaclelawsuit.com/ you might get an idea on what to do.
Krizzy

Atlanta, GA

#8 Aug 12, 2012
This is just so devastating. Considering that there are a lot of problems Johnson & Johnson has caused already with regards to defective medical device. http://www.vaginalmeshlawsuit.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J and J Snack Foods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
J&J Failed to Warn of Vaginal Mesh Risks, Jury ... (Mar '13) Dec '13 jacobgabriel001 7
Johnson & Johnson Tries Online Damage Prevention (Apr '07) Sep '13 Isador 3
J&J to stop selling metal-on-metal hip replacem... (May '13) Jul '13 Susan 2
J&J again recalls thousands of faulty hip implants (Mar '13) Jun '13 JRS1047USMC 5
News Summary: Feds probe J&J on hip implant sales (Mar '13) Jun '13 Sheree 5
UPDATE 2-Jury awards $3.35 mln in vaginal mesh ... (Mar '13) Jun '13 Kate 3
J&J the Latest Health-Care Giant to Venture Int... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Dragon Times 1
More from around the web