Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2012
Goodchilde

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Aug 15, 2012
I work for the MET team. While cleaning the overheads about 2 months ago my co-workers found 2 penny drills. A DeWalt combo kit and a milwaukee combo kit. My MEM asked is the MET team could keep the drills for use on our various projects. The store agreed.
However my supervisor took the $300.00 milwaukee combo kit drill set. It disappeared until just this monday. And when he brought it back it had heavy wear and tear on it. He does side work as a handy man and it was obviously used.
I talked to Loss Prevention about this issue but as far as I know they have done nothing. How long does an investigation usually take?
The LP officer I spoke to said penny items should always be RTV'ed or destroyed. The face that my MEM even asked to have it was a big issue with him. Also, the store we got the drills from had no store manager at the time. He had just been terminated, so an ASM was standing in his place.
I know I did the right thing by reporting this. Yet now that the drill is back I think the investigation will end. I reported this about 10 days ago and so far nothing has happened. I gave the LP the dates we took the drills, and as much info as I could.
DMxMD

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Goodchilde wrote:
I work for the MET team. While cleaning the overheads about 2 months ago my co-workers found 2 penny drills. A DeWalt combo kit and a milwaukee combo kit. My MEM asked is the MET team could keep the drills for use on our various projects. The store agreed.
However my supervisor took the $300.00 milwaukee combo kit drill set. It disappeared until just this monday. And when he brought it back it had heavy wear and tear on it. He does side work as a handy man and it was obviously used.
I talked to Loss Prevention about this issue but as far as I know they have done nothing. How long does an investigation usually take?
The LP officer I spoke to said penny items should always be RTV'ed or destroyed. The face that my MEM even asked to have it was a big issue with him. Also, the store we got the drills from had no store manager at the time. He had just been terminated, so an ASM was standing in his place.
I know I did the right thing by reporting this. Yet now that the drill is back I think the investigation will end. I reported this about 10 days ago and so far nothing has happened. I gave the LP the dates we took the drills, and as much info as I could.
Sounds like theft did not take place, unless you plan to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (as in video evidence) that he removed the merchandise from the store with intent to permanently deprive the company of its use or sale. Just sounds like you're trying to get your boss in trouble. A little wear could have come from it being used by anyone. You know what happens when you make assumptions...
HD police force

Tucson, AZ

#3 Aug 17, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like theft did not take place, unless you plan to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (as in video evidence) that he removed the merchandise from the store with intent to permanently deprive the company of its use or sale. Just sounds like you're trying to get your boss in trouble. A little wear could have come from it being used by anyone. You know what happens when you make assumptions...
lol, looks like we found our thief. Somebody's trying to cover their own ass.. nice
Goodchilde

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Aug 17, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like theft did not take place, unless you plan to prove beyond a reasonable doubt (as in video evidence) that he removed the merchandise from the store with intent to permanently deprive the company of its use or sale. Just sounds like you're trying to get your boss in trouble. A little wear could have come from it being used by anyone. You know what happens when you make assumptions...
Nah, he used it. It never came back before this week. He took it out of the store in brand new, never before used condition. I think its completely unethical.
KarzDonaldson

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Goodchilde wrote:
I work for the MET team. While cleaning the overheads....
Yeah I stopped reading right there and call bullshit... MET in the overheads? C'mon!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Depot Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attendance Sop Sat shhhhhhhh 2
Hire New people & cut hours of current employees (Jun '11) Aug 29 Mike 36
Home Depot Dating Policy (Oct '07) Aug 29 Anon 60
merchandising execution team (Jan '10) Aug 25 met rulez 250
HD job transfers (Aug '11) Aug 25 ALBERT 8
Home Depot holds job fair for Brampton West store Aug 23 JAnet 1
Does the Aware Line record your call? (Mar '11) Aug 23 john 91
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Home Depot People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••