Shareholders face GE's future

Full story: Connecticut Post

Fresh off a disastrous quarter that wiped the luster from his company and still stinging from his predecessor's public scolding, General Electric Co.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
ONEINTHEKNOW

New Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Jack Welch is a big mouthed JACK-ASS!!!!! I think he should be arrested for what he said - sounds like a threat to me, but because he is who he is it goes unnoticed. You make me sick you freakin hypocrit!!!!!
Eddie

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

So the company makes money right-just not enough, at a time when others are posting huge losses. This sounds like greed, they'll probably layoof a couple of thousand people next quarter to make themselves look good
Kathy Lori

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

So Jack Welch's answer is to shoot Immelt? What would Welch have done if he was still in charge? Probably whack 20% of the workforce in order to make his numbers. Talk is cheap. Welch was the big hero because he was in the right place at the right time. How would he do today with the current market?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fifth Third Bancorp Discussions

Search the Fifth Third Bancorp Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Banks to stop loans on direct deposits Jan '14 Joe 3
Fifth Third 1Q earnings growth tops estimates (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Duke of Hazard 2
FDIC to look at payday lending by banks (Jun '12) Aug '12 Online banking 2
Fifth Third is Dumping Assets (Apr '12) Apr '12 levi 1
Top of the list: Largest downtown Cincinnati of... (Feb '12) Feb '12 fifth third bank fails 1
Kasich plans lower Ohio bank taxes (May '11) May '11 Ohio Wrangler 1
Fifth Third reports first-quarter profit | The ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Sad but true 7
•••
•••
•••
•••