Fee rise hits eBay minnows

Full story: NEWS.com.au

EBAY has been hit by mass desertions, with almost 800 Australian store owners walking out on the internet auction giant in the wake of a large fee hike.
Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated May 12, 2012
Becky Holter

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2006

As well they should. I hope ebay will eventually start to get the message.
It seems ebay think that there will be plenty of new members to fill the gap that old memebers leaving, create.
Rest assured, if this keeps happening and fees just keep rising, even the new members wont stick around to put up with it.

Since: Dec 05

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2006

Becky Holter wrote:
As well they should. I hope ebay will eventually start to get the message.
It seems ebay think that there will be plenty of new members to fill the gap that old memebers leaving, create.
Rest assured, if this keeps happening and fees just keep rising, even the new members wont stick around to put up with it.
Um... eBay did this *intentionally* to get rid of the store-fronts that are diluting their cash-cow: auctions. This rise in fees was orchestrated with exactly this result in mind. It's just more fun for the press to paint a doom-gloom picture, since everyone eventually hates success (First Microsoft, then groups like eBay... on to Google and Apple).
AuctionMan

Helensburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2006

The fee hikes rebalanced the business decision that they took when they slashed store fees, the wrong decision from there perspective and the right one from Ebay store owners (initial fee drop I mean).

Ebay still actually is a 'cheap' place to sell, your money buys you a massive marketplace. If the fees that they charge are wiping out profits then the product that you choose to sell is the issue.
Harold

Toulon, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2006

ITS CALLED CAPITALISM

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

True

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2012

Gotta pay to play !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••