Revolutionizing Disney Parks?

Apr 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

If you've ever been to Walt Disney World you know that planning is key, and long lines can just about ruin your trip.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Apr 25, 2012
Disney Disappointed

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

I am not sure that scheduling rides and character greetings months in advance will give visitors a better experience. One already has to schedule dining and other activities as much as six months ahead. Reducing vacations to a pre-determined script is not exactly what people have in mind. Further, having to make a reservation to see Disney characters deprives people of the excitement of simply coming across them in the parks. Rather than spending billions on this technology, Disney might be better served by maintaining WDW. It has been run by bean-counting types for too long evidenced by the extensive backlog of maintenance. Tokyo Disneyland, by comparison, is pristine with innovative, cutting edge parades, etc.
Sally

Orem, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2012

It's interesting to see all the applications of RFID technology. It's not only being used for an [url=http://www.cg4.com/produc ts/asset-tracking-system]asset tracking system[/url], tracking livestock, product tracking, etc, but looks like it is going to become a part of the customer experience. I'm really intrigued to see how this "NextGen" works out. Personally I don't like the long lines, but I'm the type of person to do things on the spot, which the "NextGen" will totally overtake. I don't know, I just see a lot of problems with it. I hope Disney can pull it off!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••