Dish Takes on Blockbuster's Disputes With Movie Studios, Office Landlords

Apr 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bloomberg.com

Kevin Covert, founder and president of Covert & Co., talks about Dish Network Corp.'s proposed acquisition of Blockbuster Inc.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2011
Nomo Blockbuster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Bet that Dish didn't think about that when it bought Blockbuster. The Wall Street Journal confirmed this morning that Blockbuster is a drain on cash flow, is losing revenue and its relationships with studios may not be renewed as they are likely short-term. What do you think now, Delusional Dish?
Jeff

Beamsville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

I don't get it! After reading this article, how does BB have the right to sell itself when they can't pay its bills?

The Dish deal is giving SOME, not all, creditors pennies on the dollar. There are over 100 claims against the sale?

If you can't pay your bills they should be forced to sell what assets they have and ALL of the proceeds go to the creditors.

WHy is it is you, as a person declare bankruptcy, they TAKE any asset of value to please the creditors, but a business can play the banruptcy card to waste time, give you assets to the the highest bidder, while the creitors get very little in return.

Friday should be a fun day in court!!!!
its not right

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

its not right ,,, thats for sure.... the judge should do the right thing, and empty all blockbuster store fronts, and replay all the folks that are owed... Lots of people are getting the shaft, it the sale goes through...
been getting shafted

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

several companys/venders etc.... already have been getting the short end of the stick... whats going on here, makes no since,, fire sale should happen, pay companyys/venders what is owed to them... not pennys on the dollar...... how do these big wigs ab blockbuster sleep at night!...... oh yea its a evil empire !
Jeff

Beamsville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

I just ready the deal was approved
BBV ATL

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

That's what happens in the business world side of bankruptcy. GM did it...... Chrysler did it....... Look at what the banking industry did to ALL of us who own homes...... the values have for the most part plummeted? So ...... before you spend all your time on a little ole video store let's look at the much BIGGER picture! Who really screwed America? Not Blockbuster!!!!

But honestly Red Box will be next within 18 to 24 months as these machines break down.......then around the same time NetFlix will be bought out by Popeye's Chicken so they will deliver chicken biscuits in the mail and through streaming. Cluck-Cluck!!!
Nomo Blockbuster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Paramount Studios is claiming Blockbuster owes it over $2 million and Time Warner's contract with Blockbuster is set to expire in about two weeks. Let's hope Paramount and Warner do the right thing and disassociate themselves from a deadbeat like Blockbuster.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cablevision Sys Discussions

Search the Cablevision Sys Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
James Nuzzo Joins Charter Communications as Exe... Jun 26 barry rogers 1
What channels would you add to Cablevision? (Jan '08) Feb '14 Anita mccallum 13
McCain bill seeks 'a la carte' cable channel su... (May '13) Jun '13 zintel 52
Dish's Ad-Skip Tool May Benefit From Cablevisio... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Shaun Smith 1
Cablevision Dogged by Wall Street: Exec Exodus,... (May '12) May '12 us me 1
FCC probes cable companies pricing practices (Nov '08) Jul '11 satellitemike 32
Cablevision losses grow and sees cable subscrib... (Nov '07) Jun '11 johnnyman 106
•••
•••