iPhone 5 copycat "HiPhone 5" available in China

Full story: CBS News

Although you might be waiting for the iPhone 5, some folks in China have already gotten their hands on a wannabe copycat.
Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mark

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Aug 10, 2011
truth

Covington, VA

#2 Aug 10, 2011
I think this is funny.For years Apple has taken advantage of dumb people.Every year they come out with a "new" version of the iphone and it is always usually around the start of school.So now someone has made them loose some money I think it is funny beyone belief.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Aug 10, 2011
China: cheating and stealing its way into the world economy for years now.

They only things they are good at are stealing other people's ideas and violating human rights.
truth

Covington, VA

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
China: cheating and stealing its way into the world economy for years now.
They only things they are good at are stealing other people's ideas and violating human rights.
....Yes so unlike America LOL LOL.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 10, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>....Yes so unlike America LOL LOL.
America and China couldn't be more different if they tried. One thing I can assure you is that America would never try to be like China. The very thought of China repulses most Americans. Can you say the same for China though?

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. We won't be imitating China anytime soon....or ever.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 10, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
China: cheating and stealing its way into the world economy for years now.
They only things they are good at are stealing other people's ideas and violating human rights.
There's no such thing as rights in China.

http://www.classicalmedicinejournal.com/the-c...
truth

Covington, VA

#7 Aug 10, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
America and China couldn't be more different if they tried. One thing I can assure you is that America would never try to be like China. The very thought of China repulses most Americans. Can you say the same for China though?
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. We won't be imitating China anytime soon....or ever.
...No because most people in China have a brain and are smart something that can not be said for many people in the US.

Since: Mar 09

Toronto, Canada

#8 Aug 10, 2011
The only the difference may with the copycats are the brands but most of them are made in China anyway. Apple iPhone is made in China so does most cellphones. We are paying for the brand names at 10x the cost.

Since: Mar 09

Toronto, Canada

#9 Aug 10, 2011
"Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
America and China couldn't be more different if they tried. One thing I can assure you is that America would never try to be like China. The very thought of China repulses most Americans. Can you say the same for China though?
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. We won't be imitating China anytime soon....or ever."

If the thought China repulses most Americans, the America should pay their billions debt to China. Also why are the Americans buying made in China goods. It is our fault that we buy cheap goods from China.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#10 Aug 10, 2011
k4n4d4 wrote:
<quoted text>If the thought China repulses most Americans, the America should pay their billions debt to China. Also why are the Americans buying made in China goods. It is our fault that we buy cheap goods from China.
Your comment makes absolutely no sense.

We dislike China so we should give them billions? That makes perfect sense.
hmm

Covington, VA

#11 Aug 10, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment makes absolutely no sense.
We dislike China so we should give them billions? That makes perfect sense.
...No one dislikes China but you.So get over it.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#12 Aug 11, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>...No one dislikes China but you.So get over it.
Your location data must be a lie then... Anyone with an education and a mind for the economy will dislike China.

In America, we inherently dislike fake things. In China, their culture, their products, their economy, and even their ideas are fakes - frauds.

"Made in China" is a joke. Think of anything that is quality, anything that has real value. Made in China? No.

Made in the USA, made in Germany, made in Switzerland, made in Japan inspire consumer confidence.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Aug 11, 2011
There is a lot of things that China can do and there is a lot of space for Chinese to improve like quality, service - these things cannot be copied. It does not really matter Chinese businessmen steal ideas. We are always trained to follow us from school. If the Chiense businessmen put more attention on the quality, things will be better.
the BS

Covington, VA

#14 Aug 11, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location data must be a lie then... Anyone with an education and a mind for the economy will dislike China.
In America, we inherently dislike fake things. In China, their culture, their products, their economy, and even their ideas are fakes - frauds.
"Made in China" is a joke. Think of anything that is quality, anything that has real value. Made in China? No.
Made in the USA, made in Germany, made in Switzerland, made in Japan inspire consumer confidence.
....No things made in America do not inspire consumer confidence at all.Talk about a country of total fakes that would be America.Fake money,Fake people,Fake "leaders",Fake economy which is based on lies,the news which is fake and mostly propaganda,Ideas and technology that have been stolen from other countries,etc.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#15 Aug 11, 2011
the BS wrote:
<quoted text>....No things made in America do not inspire consumer confidence at all.Talk about a country of total fakes that would be America.Fake money,Fake people,Fake "leaders",Fake economy which is based on lies,the news which is fake and mostly propaganda,Ideas and technology that have been stolen from other countries,etc.
Our defense industry is unrivaled. Our medical technology is unrivaled. Our nuclear technology is unrivaled.

GE makes everything from water heaters to jet engines.
Boeing rules the air around the world.
IBM makes supercomputers that are unrivaled.
We basically make every relevant medicine.
Music
Movies
Culture
Virtually every treatment/cure/technological breakthrough happens in America.
hmm

Covington, VA

#16 Aug 11, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Our defense industry is unrivaled. Our medical technology is unrivaled. Our nuclear technology is unrivaled.
GE makes everything from water heaters to jet engines.
Boeing rules the air around the world.
IBM makes supercomputers that are unrivaled.
We basically make every relevant medicine.
Music
Movies
Culture
Virtually every treatment/cure/technological breakthrough happens in America.
....What a joke 99% of what you just said is.
hmm

Covington, VA

#17 Aug 11, 2011
Yes America the only major country in the world without national healthcare is really great.That is why when the wealthy of the world want something done they go to Europe to have it done.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#18 Aug 11, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>....What a joke 99% of what you just said is.
Everything I said is factual and you are powerless to refute any of it, thus your laughable reply. If you are going to make something up at least make something up that is relevant.
hmm

Covington, VA

#19 Aug 11, 2011
If it was not for the technology america stole from Germany in WW2 America would still be tryin to figure out how the hammer and nail worked.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#20 Aug 11, 2011
hmm wrote:
Yes America the only major country in the world without national healthcare is really great.That is why when the wealthy of the world want something done they go to Europe to have it done.
You are delerious if you believe that. Are you going to say anything factual or are you just going to keep making things up?

You must be a kid or something because you don't seem to know anything and you jst keep proclaiming random false things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Man Wants to 'Marry My Porn-Filled Appl... Aug 6 lgbt is silly 32
Apple's Latent Rates Of Revenue Growth Aug 4 g 2
Samsung 'Guilty' of Patent Infringement, Told t... Jul '14 Jim 4
Braille phone launched for the blind Jul '14 Interesting 1
Google's vision: Android everywhere Jun '14 thank U 1
Updates and other random Rush stuff Jun '14 Grills 1
Apple TV gets Vevo, Disney Channel, More (Oct '13) Jun '14 Andy 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Apple People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••