Partly clothed female body found | The Columbus Dispatch

Investigators are working to identify a woman whose body apparently was dumped in an old rest area along Rt. Full Story
Liddleguy

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 10, 2010
Another prostitute got caught robbing her john. They must be sending her body to Montgomery County because they are afraid Franklin County would get her mixed up with a white senior citizen.
Norma Stitts

Grove City, OH

#2 Jul 10, 2010
Dwight Radcliff/PCSO = Bush League investigation.

Found on a U.S. highway by highway workers, should've called the Highway Patrol. They would've had the case solved with an arrestee headed toward the clink in a week or so.
Bob

Grove City, OH

#4 Jul 10, 2010
sounds familiar 10 or 15 years ago wasen't there a serial killer doing this exact same thing around the south end of columbus and the story just went away
1Adam12Roger

Akron, OH

#5 Jul 10, 2010
Norma Stitts wrote:
Dwight Radcliff/PCSO = Bush League investigation.
Found on a U.S. highway by highway workers, should've called the Highway Patrol. They would've had the case solved with an arrestee headed toward the clink in a week or so.
I respect your right to have an opinion, but it is an uninformed one. Sheriff Radcliff is a top notch sheriff/detective. I don't believe he has any unsolved homicides on his books (he has been sheriff since 1965). Pick any three state trooper investigators and they have not investigated as many violent crimes as Sheriff Radcliff has personally. The Patrol does a lot of things right, but they don't exceed Radcliff's ability.
earl

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 10, 2010
1Adam12Roger says Dwight Radcliff has no unsolved homicides on his books. Talk about being uninformed, at least two unsolved murders last year in Pickaway County. But when it only appears in the paper once, it is easy to miss. You will never read another story on this one in the Circleville Herald unless it is solved, then it will be headlines.
Definately

Westerville, OH

#8 Jul 10, 2010
a hooker
Just the facts

Westerville, OH

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Sad----also may have OD'd--did not know what to do with her body so they just dumped it.
Retired Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Jul 10, 2010
There was a body (bones) of a young female found many years back near Rt 56 and Rt 159 that has never been identified and hence not solved by Radcliff.
There are lots of times that a street "woman" will Od and the rest of her "party" will dump her body in a remote location. This one was easy to find so likely this will be the case. If a murder they could have turned into any lane drug her a few dozen corn rows out and she would have been nothing but bones by the time the corn was picked.
No one would have ever found her then.
There are DOZENS of missing women in just Columbus alone and because of their backgrounds and history
no one is actively looking for them.
We used to speculate that the SWACO landfill is full of bodies of missing women and so are the cornfields of surrounding counties.
For the record my server says I am in Chillicothe I am not. I was a metro area Deputy and worked for State of Ohio also.
Mike

Hamilton, OH

#11 Jul 10, 2010
You sound like O.J.

Just where were on the night in question?
charlie wrote:
Ya it's obvious someone on the southend of columbus killed her and drove to the first place south of town and dumped her off and drove back. That's what I'd do. I'd say person lives off Parson's somewhere.
CirclevilleReade r

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 10, 2010
earl wrote:
1Adam12Roger says Dwight Radcliff has no unsolved homicides on his books. Talk about being uninformed, at least two unsolved murders last year in Pickaway County. But when it only appears in the paper once, it is easy to miss. You will never read another story on this one in the Circleville Herald unless it is solved, then it will be headlines.
Which ones are you talking about?
Retired Deputy

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Jul 10, 2010
There are no unsolved murders in County Number 65 from last year.
Shazam

Grove City, OH

#14 Jul 11, 2010
Retired Deputy wrote:
There was a body (bones) of a young female found many years back near Rt 56 and Rt 159 that has never been identified and hence not solved by Radcliff.
There are lots of times that a street "woman" will Od and the rest of her "party" will dump her body in a remote location. This one was easy to find so likely this will be the case. If a murder they could have turned into any lane drug her a few dozen corn rows out and she would have been nothing but bones by the time the corn was picked.
There are DOZENS of missing women in just Columbus alone and because of their backgrounds and history
We used to speculate that the SWACO landfill is full of bodies of missing women and so are the cornfields of surrounding counties.
For the record my server says I am in Chillicothe I am not. I was a metro area Deputy and worked for State of Ohio also.
Thanks for the in tel, Barney.
Liddleguy

Blacklick, OH

#15 Jul 11, 2010
I was right with post #1, convicted prostitute.
Big Hank

United States

#16 Jul 11, 2010
Retired Deputy wrote:
Same crap, different story heading, eh, Barney Fife?
billy

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 12, 2010
I guess the old man that disappeared from his burning house in Madison Township Pickaway County last year may not qualify as a murder.Because a body has not been found. But lets keep it a missing persons case, keep it out of the media, dont look real hard for the body, so it stays a missing person and not a unsolved homicide.
Or how bout the doctor on Winchester Rd. that had a wife that slipped and fell at home and died in 2005. He then remarried and his next wife slipped under the garage door, it closed on her head and she died in 2008. Poor doctor has bad luck.
Or the one where the wife said she was trying to get the gun away from her husband, it went off and struck him in the head, killing him. She was later convicted in Franklin County for trying to kill her boyfriend. She is now in prison on that one, she was never charged with her husbands death which was ruled a homicide.
I could continue but just cause its not in the paper or not on t.v. does not mean it didnt happen, it just means lets keep it quiet so the public thinks we dont have any unsolved murders in Pickaway County.
Pet Detective

Grove City, OH

#18 Jul 12, 2010
billy wrote:
I guess the old man that disappeared from his burning house in Madison Township Pickaway County last year may not qualify as a murder.Because a body has not been found. But lets keep it a missing persons case, keep it out of the media, dont look real hard for the body, so it stays a missing person and not a unsolved homicide.
Or how bout the doctor on Winchester Rd. that had a wife that slipped and fell at home and died in 2005. He then remarried and his next wife slipped under the garage door, it closed on her head and she died in 2008. Poor doctor has bad luck.
Or the one where the wife said she was trying to get the gun away from her husband, it went off and struck him in the head, killing him. She was later convicted in Franklin County for trying to kill her boyfriend. She is now in prison on that one, she was never charged with her husbands death which was ruled a homicide.
I could continue but just cause its not in the paper or not on t.v. does not mean it didnt happen, it just means lets keep it quiet so the public thinks we dont have any unsolved murders in Pickaway County.
We're gonna need you to come down to the station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Cocker is dead. 18 min Duke for Mayor 5
convert to islam online and become a muslim 24 min now hey 5
3 days 'tilwill Christmas is your turkey thawed? 42 min sidekick 13
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 53 min Neutral Party 4,845
The Middle East 1 hr I Do Know 2
I found Mr Tea 2 hr Reality Speaks 13
Transportation Insider: Outgoing COTA trustee p... 3 hr Latrina Waters 7
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 6 hr Big Papa Tea 321
COPS lives MATTER 21 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus