First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cats Fan

Ashland, KY

#1 Mar 31, 2012
Its a long drive home azzholes!!!
Hammec

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Nov 6, 2012
Ruin!! How uneducated are Ohio voters? Scary that Americans just want handouts. Enjoy your government gifts Ohio while I work to pay your bills. God save us from uninformed Americans. Please read a book, you blacks, Hispanics, and single mom's.
Teapublican

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Hammec wrote:
Ruin!! How uneducated are Ohio voters? Scary that Americans just want handouts. Enjoy your government gifts Ohio while I work to pay your bills. God save us from uninformed Americans. Please read a book, you blacks, Hispanics, and single mom's.
Don't forget the gays too they are destroying the fabric of our society! I'm moving to Utah with you the Mormons are the best! Just sick of these welfare recipients who took all the money from oil companies that is just disgusting now they are going to raise the gas price for sure!

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Good riddance!!! THe country needs less of you around anyway. Wait a minute, THERE ARE less of you anyway because your Teabaggers lost in a major way....

Wonder if you can still get a refuld on your tri-fold hats???
Spookstillhere f trolls

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2012
OPEC needs to cut the USA off cheap oil raise the orice to 200 times the rate the sell to the rest of.the world.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 7, 2012
Hammec wrote:
Ruin!! How uneducated are Ohio voters? Scary that Americans just want handouts. Enjoy your government gifts Ohio while I work to pay your bills. God save us from uninformed Americans. Please read a book, you blacks, Hispanics, and single mom's.
I might be quite careful to use apostrophes correctly in a statement calling others uneducated...
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Don't blame the stains fame on Ohio alone. There's a new meaning to "swing state"....1/2 of Ohio works, the other 1/2 Leech's.
Very disappointed.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Nov 7, 2012
sidekick wrote:
Don't blame the stains fame on Ohio alone. There's a new meaning to "swing state"....1/2 of Ohio works, the other 1/2 Leech's.
Very disappointed.
Are you guys doing the apostrophe thing on purpose or is this something people really don't know how to use properly any more?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#9 Nov 7, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you guys doing the apostrophe thing on purpose or is this something people really don't know how to use properly any more?
That is the crux of the biscuit.
sidekick

Zanesville, OH

#10 Nov 7, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you guys doing the apostrophe thing on purpose or is this something people really don't know how to use properly any more?
What about it? Who gives a fu** about your apostrophe policies. Do you work? Is this something people don't know how to DO "anymore".

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 7, 2012
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
What about it? Who gives a fu** about your apostrophe policies. Do you work? Is this something people don't know how to DO "anymore".
They're not my policies. They're grammar issues taught in the 4th grade.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Apostrophes

It seems like a small thing, but being able to communicate in a way that doesn't distract from your message can go a long way to making yourself heard and respected. If you can't communicate on the same literacy level as your audience, the message isn't going to be passed along effectively.
Hahaha

Duluth, GA

#12 Nov 7, 2012
FIFO's I've always hated OhIo- stupid people.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#13 Nov 7, 2012
Congress holds the checkbook.

The electorate has proven they are larger than the working class.

For at least 2 years the checkbook will be sealed; and there will be no change except the rise in unemployment.
I aprove this message

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Nov 7, 2012
The reason Kentucky don't fall down into Tennessee is because Ohio sucks.
thanks you stupid buckeyes for giving Obama four more years.
I hope he bankrupts your state you dumb idiots.
Now I know a buckeye is a worthless nut.
Stay up in Ohio and please if you go south go around Kentucky. On your way 2 Florida another piece of shit state.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#15 Nov 7, 2012
Progressive Ohioan wrote:
Good riddance!!! THe country needs less of you around anyway. Wait a minute, THERE ARE less of you anyway because your Teabaggers lost in a major way....
Wonder if you can still get a refuld on your tri-fold hats???
keep laughing

unemployment just went up to 20% by the end of the week.

watch the pink slips come this Friday.

congress seals the checkbook for 2 years; and shuts govt down; and impeaches Obama.

pretty funny
Big Tommy Little

Reynoldsburg, OH

#16 Nov 7, 2012
I aprove this message wrote:
The reason Kentucky don't fall down into Tennessee is because Ohio sucks.
thanks you stupid buckeyes for giving Obama four more years.
I hope he bankrupts your state you dumb idiots.
Now I know a buckeye is a worthless nut.
Stay up in Ohio and please if you go south go around Kentucky. On your way 2 Florida another piece of shit state.
Pretty funny coming from someone in a state where the "Three R's" are reading,(w)riting and Route 23.
I approved this message

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2012
Big Tommy Little wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny coming from someone in a state where the "Three R's" are reading,(w)riting and Route 23.
Big Tommy big dummy. You'll see when Obama bankrupts America. Even Dwight will be sorry his family moved to Ohio when he was young..the song should have went like this reading the map going up route 23 ending up in a dump hole like Ohio. Wishing I couldn't read to a state that gives Obama head.
imagine2011

United States

#18 Nov 7, 2012
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you guys doing the apostrophe thing on purpose or is this something people really don't know how to use properly any more?
Those are not even apostrophes, they're quotation marks. Get a grip "teacher".
imagine2011

United States

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
keep laughing
unemployment just went up to 20% by the end of the week.
watch the pink slips come this Friday.
congress seals the checkbook for 2 years; and shuts govt down; and impeaches Obama.
pretty funny
For four years of handouts, they have practically doomed America. Sad. Guess they have to learn the hard way.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#20 Nov 7, 2012
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are not even apostrophes, they're quotation marks. Get a grip "teacher".
I'm not trying to pick fun, I'm actually asking to see if this just isn't something people learn back in the states any more. You don't see any problem with an apostrophe in either of the comments in question?

Sample 1:
"Ruin!! How uneducated are Ohio voters? Scary that Americans just want handouts. Enjoy your government gifts Ohio while I work to pay your bills. God save us from uninformed Americans. Please read a book, you blacks, Hispanics, and single mom's. "

Sample 2:
"Don't blame the stains fame on Ohio alone. There's a new meaning to "swing state"....1/2 of Ohio works, the other 1/2 Leech's.
Very disappointed. "

The quotation marks in sample 2 are indeed incorrect as well, though I had thought they might be intended to convey sarcasm, the way some people do through making air quotes with their fingers. It still doesn't make a mass of sense to me but it calls someone's standard of literacy less to light than the apostrophe errors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double standards for muslims, bending league rules 15 min Pope Che Reagan C... 5
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 30 min BizzyBee 64
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 34 min Canton 31,478
Early Voting VICTORY for Ohio! 37 min Progressive Ohioan 22
The Political Nazi's are at it again! 43 min Pope Che Reagan C... 77
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 44 min Concerned Brother 957
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 3,544
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 5 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 384

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]