Anger at God a common result | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

It took Cindy Balach about five months to get over her anger at God for the death of her stepson, Eric Kirkbride.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Whatever

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

askduane wrote:
Suffering, hurt, pain, anger is normal feeling from the heart. God's word and love prepares us for these feelings knowing its going to happen sometime in our life. A daily study of his word the bible by a good teacher helps prepare us when tragedy happens. Heart felt pain is normal. The Gospel/Goodnews of Jesus Christ introduces mankind to the "True God" and prepares those for the "New Heaven and New Earth" where suffering, pain, crying, disease, crime, murder, hatred, will end, that's the good news we prepare for. Jesus said, "I Am making all things new", just Trust Him. That's the Gospel, Good News, we all can make it to the new paradise earth by following Jesus to perfection, by obedience to his word. Much love to all in Jesus name.
Hmmm... I really don't buy into that. Why did God create such a diseased, hurtful world in the first place?

Your point rant is very much the same as what this article is all about. Instead of questioning it, people just shrug it off as being God's will. You talk about the evils in the world and then say that this is what God wanted so we just must accept it. I don't buy that. I'd rather believe in a God that didn't make the world at all and is not responsible for its imperfections. At least that makes sense to me and can be explained logically. I'd rather believe in a god that doesn't micromanage our lives for the same reason. If my son dies, it won't be because God willed it or planned it. Who in their right mind would praise or believe in such a God?
Whatever

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

askduane wrote:
Suffering, hurt, pain, anger is normal feeling from the heart. God's word and love prepares us for these feelings knowing its going to happen sometime in our life. A daily study of his word the bible by a good teacher helps prepare us when tragedy happens. Heart felt pain is normal. The Gospel/Goodnews of Jesus Christ introduces mankind to the "True God" and prepares those for the "New Heaven and New Earth" where suffering, pain, crying, disease, crime, murder, hatred, will end, that's the good news we prepare for. Jesus said, "I Am making all things new", just Trust Him. That's the Gospel, Good News, we all can make it to the new paradise earth by following Jesus to perfection, by obedience to his word. Much love to all in Jesus name.
askduane wrote:
Suffering, hurt, pain, anger is normal feeling from the heart. God's word and love prepares us for these feelings knowing its going to happen sometime in our life. A daily study of his word the bible by a good teacher helps prepare us when tragedy happens. Heart felt pain is normal. The Gospel/Goodnews of Jesus Christ introduces mankind to the "True God" and prepares those for the "New Heaven and New Earth" where suffering, pain, crying, disease, crime, murder, hatred, will end, that's the good news we prepare for. Jesus said, "I Am making all things new", just Trust Him. That's the Gospel, Good News, we all can make it to the new paradise earth by following Jesus to perfection, by obedience to his word. Much love to all in Jesus name.
Hmmm... I really don't buy into that. Why did God create such a diseased, hurtful world in the first place?

Your point rant is very much the same as what this article is all about. Instead of questioning it, people just shrug it off as being God's will. You talk about the evils in the world and then say that this is what God wanted so we just must accept it. I don't buy that. I'd rather believe in a God that didn't make the world at all and is not responsible for its imperfections. At least that makes sense to me and can be explained logically. I'd rather believe in a god that doesn't micromanage our lives for the same reason. If my son dies, it won't be because God willed it or planned it. Who in their right mind would praise or believe in such a God?
Wondering Too

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... I really don't buy into that. Why did God create such a diseased, hurtful world in the first place?
Your point rant is very much the same as what this article is all about. Instead of questioning it, people just shrug it off as being God's will. You talk about the evils in the world and then say that this is what God wanted so we just must accept it. I don't buy that. I'd rather believe in a God that didn't make the world at all and is not responsible for its imperfections. At least that makes sense to me and can be explained logically. I'd rather believe in a god that doesn't micromanage our lives for the same reason. If my son dies, it won't be because God willed it or planned it. Who in their right mind would praise or believe in such a God?
The driver who recently hit the pedestrian in Dublin had a large cross hanging from his/her rearview mirror. Yet, in Topix forums, many of the posters stated that God had "taken" the victim to be an angel. If that is the case, I want to know why God allowed one of His servants to be the conduit. Praise God?

Accidents are simply that - accidents.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei
Sterling Silver

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

There is no god, there is no satan, there is no heaven, there is no hell. Once you get that, there is no one to be angry at, except the doofus who cut you off on the freeway. It is SO much easier to get through life without the stress that religion brings. Glad I finally woke up.
Obviously

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

^^^Still angry at God^^^
Sammy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Aug 6, 2011
 
I hate god with a passion because he ll answer people that's never missed a meal in their life yet he let's those poor Africans starve to death, god will not answer them!, god needs to go burn forever that big bright sadist!!! Satan is more kind then god is.

“Cultural Futurist”

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Aug 14, 2011
 
Sterling Silver wrote:
There is no god, there is no satan, there is no heaven, there is no hell. Once you get that, there is no one to be angry at, except the doofus who cut you off on the freeway. It is SO much easier to get through life without the stress that religion brings. Glad I finally woke up.
Isn't it funny how offended people get? You'd think they were hypochondriacs. What does our lack of superstition or ritual have to do with religionists' emotions? Silver, maybe someday these people will realize there's no solid evidence of the existence of a god. There's also many historical & scientific findings that debunk most of the bible's claims. The most religious are the most ignorant of their own book. Hang in there, Sterling. We're moving into a Secular Age, where people leave behind their horoscopes, tea leaves, prayers, & other silly beliefs that bring about no change.
You Sure?

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Aug 14, 2011
 
I get angry at the aliens who brought me here.
BigBertha

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 14, 2011
 
The old song goes, ""Let it be... Let it be ... let it be ... There will be an answer. Let it be."

The answer of why will be revealed to you in time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 29 of29
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 4 min Happy Easter Celebration 1,985
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 189
Did We Just Lose 85,000 U.S. Jobs to Foreign Wo... 1 hr Nickled Dimed 1
220 marines died thanks to Obama! 1 hr d pantz 10
What kind of God drowns 300 kids? 2 hr d pantz 16
JBThugwork 2 hr yeah baby 1
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 2 hr ChilliGal 31
Congress Cost FYI 3 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 100
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••