Alexandra Burgett, WMU senior killed in crash, remembered for caring heart, independent spirit

May 22, 2012 Full story: The Kalamazoo Gazette

Her father, Mark, remembers his daughter, at age 5 or 6, answering a question from her teacher about what she wanted to be when she grew up by drawing a picture of herself on a hospital gurney and telling her teacher, "I want to be a mommy." As she grew, Burgett, a 22-year-old senior at Western Michigan University, became passionate about helping ... (more)

Full Story
Lori Wilfong

Kalamazoo, MI

#1 May 22, 2012
I worked with Alex for a short time & found her to be a patient, kind hearted young lady. Her many gifts & talents were appreciated by her clients & her passing is a tragic loss...she was a gem! Prayers to her family, co workers & clients. <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Western Michigan University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you improve Michigan Avenue, Stadium Dri... Sep '14 eccmember 1
As rising stars, Detroit high school grads turn... Jun '14 Brian Adam 2
Artist climbs ladders to create public art project (Mar '14) Mar '14 Kate 2
Kalamazoo Valley Community College to ban tobacco (Mar '14) Mar '14 Another DUH MOMENT 12
Kalamazoo churches partner with WMU to offer 'H... (Mar '14) Mar '14 jacko 2
Hodshire visits Malaysia (Jul '12) Feb '14 agree 6
Rediscovery of rare mineral deposit by WMU geol... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1

Western Michigan University People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE