SC law targets illegal immigrants going to school

Dayana Rodrigues graduated in the top 5 percent of her high school class in 2007 and completed nursing prerequisites at Horry-Georgetown Technical College. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
whats new

Ocean City, NJ

#3 Feb 16, 2009
mcm wrote:
hispanics,africans,latinos,mex icans Do Not Belong In The USA!
______
The only good one - Is a DE@D one!
Nor do you belong here with that ignorant crap,your ancestors came from somewhere and it wasn't the USA that's for sure.
If you people in SC would stop employing the illegals down there they wouldn't feel they could come here in the first place,so thank your fellow south carolina employers for wanting cheap labor and trying to be greedy.
spud

Lakeland, FL

#4 Feb 16, 2009
Illegal aliens shouldn't be getting any taxpayer money for any reason. It's funny how the states that give illegals the most are the ones running the highest budget deficits. Cal. and NY are already begging the Feds. to rescue them. Let them along with the bankers and mortgage holders fail and learn from their irresponsible mistakes.
Done Deal

Matteson, IL

#5 Feb 16, 2009
as soon as the messiah signs the pelosi pork bill, ca will be bailed out.
whats new

Ocean City, NJ

#6 Feb 16, 2009
spud wrote:
Illegal aliens shouldn't be getting any taxpayer money for any reason. It's funny how the states that give illegals the most are the ones running the highest budget deficits. Cal. and NY are already begging the Feds. to rescue them. Let them along with the bankers and mortgage holders fail and learn from their irresponsible mistakes.
I agree with you, and SC is one of the states looking for the handout as well and should get nothing until they clean up the crime and illegals situation down there.

It's there own fault the mess they are in,so let them sink or swim but let them figure it out and not by getting our tax paying dollars either.
george burnett

AOL

#7 Feb 16, 2009
spud wrote:
i agree,not the first damn dime.i was born in s.c. i graduated from usc. i paid full retail price for every course,textbook,workbook,paper and pencil.why the hell should my tax money subsidize them?

“Praise the Lord& Pass the ammo”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#8 Feb 16, 2009
She should take her free American education (you're welcome Dayana Rodrigues) back to her home country. I'm sure it will give her an advantage over her neighbors with a third-world-toilet education...
whats new

Ocean City, NJ

#9 Feb 16, 2009
george burnett wrote:
<quoted text> i agree,not the first damn dime.i was born in s.c. i graduated from usc. i paid full retail price for every course,textbook,workbook,paper and pencil.why the hell should my tax money subsidize them?
I agree with you about school, my son currently attends Temple University in PA and because he lives out of state we pay out of state tuition to the tune of 30,000 a year and that's for 4 years and does not include his books or any extras what so ever...He did not get a free ride either we pay out of pocket.... So I know exactly how you feel..

Why should she get her education for free when she doesn't even belong here,We can't get a dollar for my son who was born here,if We do get anything we have to fight extra hard for it.

But they give out money to illegals for education like water.(now that's some crap)
george burnett

AOL

#10 Feb 16, 2009
whats new wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you about school, my son currently attends Temple University in PA and because he lives out of state we pay out of state tuition to the tune of 30,000 a year and that's for 4 years and does not include his books or any extras what so ever...He did not get a free ride either we pay out of pocket.... So I know exactly how you feel..
Why should she get her education for free when she doesn't even belong here,We can't get a dollar for my son who was born here,if We do get anything we have to fight extra hard for it.
But they give out money to illegals for education like water.(now that's some crap)
thank you! the situation is worse now than when i was a student. my daughter is now going to USC.same deal,full price for her,free courses,free books,free etc. for the usual FREE CHEESE crowd.
whats new

Ocean City, NJ

#11 Feb 16, 2009
george burnett wrote:
<quoted text>thank you! the situation is worse now than when i was a student. my daughter is now going to USC.same deal,full price for her,free courses,free books,free etc. for the usual FREE CHEESE crowd.
I thought to myself it's funny how the people who need help the most are always left out in the cold and left to deal as best they can,perhaps george if you and I were illegals our children would attend school for free.
george burnett

AOL

#12 Feb 16, 2009
whats new wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought to myself it's funny how the people who need help the most are always left out in the cold and left to deal as best they can,perhaps george if you and I were illegals our children would attend school for free.
my daughter doesn't expect the free cheese. what burns us both up is the fact that her tuition is artifically high,so that others who are "deserving" receive artificially low(FREE) tuition.
where

Richardson, TX

#13 Feb 16, 2009
Where is ICE? Her name is in the news it should not be that hard for them to find her. The article made some great points, one of them: If she got her nursing degree she still would not be able to work in this country legally.

What was her plan? How did she expect to find employment here? She must have known this barrier of not being able to work with out a social security number.
whats new

Ocean City, NJ

#14 Feb 17, 2009
george burnett wrote:
<quoted text>my daughter doesn't expect the free cheese. what burns us both up is the fact that her tuition is artifically high,so that others who are "deserving" receive artificially low(FREE) tuition.
I understand what you are saying and totally agree,but you have to admit, it would be nice for us to be able to put our children through college at a lower price.

I don't want a hand out either but I would like to see college more reasonable than what it is.

I found out if he was a resident of PA his tuition would only be 15,000(now that's some crap) and they give some kind of stipend so he would be able to get his books for free, I was floored by this but what can you do.

I am just thankful we have jobs and can pay for college at this time, especially with all the people losing jobs, homes etc etc,I consider us to be fortunate...
Jim

Rock Hill, SC

#15 Mar 20, 2009
This is good. I am tired of paying for them. It is my tax money. These scum get all kinds of benefits that my kids don't get. Medicaid, free health care at the hospital (they don't ever pay).

I say deport them all.
Don in beautiful Lex SC

Lexington, SC

#17 Mar 25, 2009
Jim wrote:
This is good. I am tired of paying for them. It is my tax money. These scum get all kinds of benefits that my kids don't get. Medicaid, free health care at the hospital (they don't ever pay).
I say deport them all.
If we "deport them all", who will do all of the menial work that we Americans do not want to do? I don't want to pick vegtables in teh hot summer sun. Do you? Maybe we should deport everyone and give it all back to the Indians. What do you think? Do you think?
emily

Gaithersburg, MD

#18 Mar 30, 2009
if they get stuff for free so should we.
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#19 Mar 30, 2009
Don in beautiful Lex SC wrote:
<quoted text>
If we "deport them all", who will do all of the menial work that we Americans do not want to do? I don't want to pick vegtables in teh hot summer sun. Do you? Maybe we should deport everyone and give it all back to the Indians. What do you think? Do you think?
Grow your own garden! The cheap labor of illegals was stopped technical improvements in ag.
Doug from the creek

Goose Creek, SC

#20 Mar 30, 2009
It gets me all these activists out there pushing for these illegels rights. Crying how badly they are mistreated.

But They can't get it in there thick skulls they don't belong here anyway. Why should our tax dollars pay to help subsize there livng quarters, there health care, there education, food, etc.

We have our own problems with people born and raised as true americans who don't get as much help.

They don't belong here. ANytthing they get and receive should be cash only, no handouts. But that contradicts.

IF these ilegels couldn't get work here, they wouldnt come here. They can only survive because employers in this country are hiring them as cheap labor. The hammer needs to be slammed down hard on anyone hiring illegels. Enough for them not to want to take a chance of losing there business.
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#21 Mar 30, 2009
Hiring illegals at low wage reduces wages for all Americans and puts more of the cost of the product produced on the tax payers. The medical care and crime costs are paid by the tax payer not the scum that hired them.
marlen

Powder Springs, GA

#23 Jul 29, 2009
you ignorants... do you know that the immigrants pay taxes on everything you do. Do you now that come tax season they do not get but MAYBE 1/2 of their taxes back. Even when they claim their 2 or 3 kids that are born here. They have as much right to go to school. Most of them grow up here and have no intention of leaving the country so they would work here as nurses.
liars and thiefs

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Jul 29, 2009
marlen wrote:
you ignorants... do you know that the immigrants pay taxes on everything you do. Do you now that come tax season they do not get but MAYBE 1/2 of their taxes back. Even when they claim their 2 or 3 kids that are born here. They have as much right to go to school. Most of them grow up here and have no intention of leaving the country so they would work here as nurses.
YOu ignorant! Illegals CANNOT work legally and pay taxes. ITIN are NOT FOR employment purposes.

Yes,we know the invaders have no intention of leaving...that's why the CITIZENs have and will continue to push them out.

I'm sure the nursing is needed in thier homelands.
You're welcome for the free education.
NOW GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of South Carolina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former KSH student makes news in Japan Oct 21 SHlTWORMMUMINDEBD... 2
Hit-and-run victim sees truck that hit him at U... Aug '14 FYI 1
HistoryMakers oral history archive more than ha... Aug '14 paddyomalley 1
Diploma Of First Black Harvard Grad Up For Auction Aug '14 Jubilant Sleep 3
Mental health telepsychiatry program reaches 20... Aug '14 humanSpirit 9
Staff and students at CCU prepare for launch of... Jun '14 SMOKING 4 DUMMIES 2
Jaques graduates in Tennessee Jun '14 chris 1

University of South Carolina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE