Trustees adopt tobacco ban

Aug 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Troy Messenger

Troy University's Board of Trustees recently adopted a policy that seeks to ban the use of all tobacco products on campus.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
vaporer

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2011
Is Troy University going to ban e cigarettes as well? How do you keep some one from vaping in their car or even in the bath room. Since there is virtually no odor, no one will be the wiser. Will Troy start searching everyone's purse and back pack? This new policy will only make students switch to an e cigarette and help to promote the sale of e cigarettes.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#2 Aug 13, 2011
vaporer wrote:
Is Troy University going to ban e cigarettes as well? How do you keep some one from vaping in their car or even in the bath room. Since there is virtually no odor, no one will be the wiser. Will Troy start searching everyone's purse and back pack? This ?policy will only make students switch to an e cigarette and help to promote the sale of e cigarettes.
Ah, I see. Not, "should I do it?", and not "may I do it", but direct to "Who's gonna stop me?" and/or "How ya gonna MAKE me?".

Okay. You're understood.
Vapor

United States

#3 Dec 27, 2011
Hugh Jass wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I see. Not, "should I do it?", and not "may I do it", but direct to "Who's gonna stop me?" and/or "How ya gonna MAKE me?".
Okay. You're understood.
NO, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!! The question is: how will Troy University implement a ban on e-cigarettes? How far will they go to implement ban? Some students are going to do it regardless. Will they impose a $$$ fine or expel them? Just trying to understand. Not trying to sound like someone who is trying to be rebellious just for the hell of it.
Hugh Jass

Seattle, WA

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Vapor wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!! The question is: how will Troy University implement a ban on e-cigarettes? How far will they go to implement ban? Some students are going to do it regardless. Will they impose a $$$ fine or expel them? Just trying to understand. Not trying to sound like someone who is trying to be rebellious just for the hell of it.
Ah, so you believe you have significant reason for being rebellious?
Vapor

United States

#5 Dec 30, 2011
So, all you want to do is be negative and I am to polite to say what else. See that you are not open to really discussing a solution. Would like to know what other people think. It's obvious that you think that everyone is a trouble maker for just asking questions.

Since: Dec 11

<><><><><><><>

#6 Dec 30, 2011
Ban anything that LOOKS like a ciggy or cigar!

Since: Dec 11

<><><><><><><>

#7 Dec 31, 2011
Im right and you know it...live with it!
Fed Up

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2012
StormFront Trooper 7 wrote:
Im right and you know it...live with it!
No, you are not right. Tired of having my personal freedoms stepped on. As long as I respect your rights; I should have the right to vape as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. You need to become educated in the difference of smoking and vaping.
ItsAFact

Hagerstown, MD

#9 Jun 17, 2012
StormFront Trooper 7 wrote:
Ban anything that LOOKS like a ciggy or cigar!
Okay ScrawnyFront Twinkie 7 you're banned.

Since: Jun 12

London, Canada

#10 Jun 17, 2012
ItsAFact wrote:
<quoted text>Okay ScrawnyFront Twinkie 7 you're banned.
You better believe it It'a a Fact !!!
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#11 Jun 17, 2012
Vapor wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!! The question is: how will Troy University implement a ban on e-cigarettes? How far will they go to implement ban? Some students are going to do it regardless. Will they impose a $$$ fine or expel them? Just trying to understand. Not trying to sound like someone who is trying to be rebellious just for the hell of it.
Perhaps I did miss part of your point, but that is not necessarily true. If you are asking how it will be enforced as a purely academic question, then yes, I misjudged it. HOWEVER, if you are simply saying that they won't be able to enforce it, or even that they should HAVE to enforce it, then I think I understood well enough. "The question" then becomes one of "Why would students NOT comply?", with overtones of "Why should punishment be needed to elicit compliance?"

Regarding the initial element of whether e-cigs would be included, they said "all tobacco products" in the write-up, and the e-cig manufacturers/marketers fought very hard to have their products classified as "tobacco products". They SHOULD absolutely be included when a regulation is enacted on "all tobacco products".

Otherwise, they need to be pulled from the market entirely until they have been put through the rigorous testing that they would merit as drug delivery devices and/or treatments for nicotine addiction.

Since: May 12

Mumbai, India

#13 Jun 18, 2012
IS it true?????? But how they can do it? Are they gonna check everyonce purse and pocket?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Kentucky Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Richie Farmer asks court to lower child-support... (Aug '12) 2 hr alicia 17
Buy A LIFE EXPERIENCE DEGREE ONLINE Mon Joeuy 1
Tim Robinson, entrepreneur Mon The Community 2
Nine candidates recommended for NSU president Aug 18 What happened 1
Terry Anderson coming to Batavia (Dec '10) Aug 16 Diamond Daisy 2
Ohio County native wins Miss Kentucky Aug 13 Eula Gertrude 2
Morehead man hospitalized after wrecking motorc... Aug 13 Concern 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

University of Kentucky People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••