UNT System names Terry Pankratz as Vice Chancellor for Finance

Mar 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Texas e-News

Dallas , Texas - Terry Pankratz has been named Vice Chancellor for Finance for the University of North Texas System.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2014
No Spin

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2010

Judged:

We (UNT) are picking up a Texas A&M reject. Panratz was forced out, couldn't get along with fellow administrators, Regents and President. He was reassigned to a special assistant position and given 30 days to find a job elsewhere. Took a pay cut of ober $100K. Not a very good move for UNT System.

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

As one of his ex-employees, I think Terry Pankratz is a big loss for Texas A&M and a big gain for UNT. He left Texas A&M due to shared services initiatives between the Texas A&M System and Texas A&M. There were two people doing the same job at both institutions and the person with stronger political connections won, that's the story.

Terry is a great leader with excellent vision. He has done remarkable job during his 2 years as a CFO so it is a very good move for UNT.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Texas A&M reject? Interesting take on it… Terry Pankratz has give 20+ of his best years to that University and the University system, he has done nothing but make it a better place for students and employees. People, check your facts, double check them, and when you think you have a feel for what’s going on check them one more time. Once you have done all that check your sources and make sure they are credible, do they not teach you that at TAMU? He was never forced out, and he was never reassigned to a “special assistant” position. He simply did not want to be in a work environment where he would be taking orders from a puppet (Loftin) where he could possibly be ordered to make some unethical decisions. Terry Pankratz, unlike several other employees in that university, has a conscience. If you knew Mr. Pankratz you would know he is one of the easiest people to get a long with and one of the best people you could ever work for. Terry Pankratz is doing nothing more than bettering himself and his career. I would say the UNT System is a very good move: higher title, no puppets, and a better work environment. I have known Mr. Pankratz for several years and I wish him nothing but the best in his new venture to the UNT System.
Ag Prof

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Interesting comments....so I did some checking as suggested. Pankratz apparently has family / children in Albuquerque so I suppose this is a family member defending him...and i understand that. Appears to be a HUGE mistake for UNT. Based on the feedback I received from the academic side, Pankratz was strongly disliked by most all exec staff, and especially disliked due to his deceptive ways by the Regents. Big time delegator who routinely took credit for others work.

Shared services was a joke...A&M Commerce added job postings to a web sitr....whoppee, every Jr. College has that.
Ag Prof

College Station, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Shared services with A&M Glaveston was a disaster...probably why their CEO moved him to a "Special Assitant" title with no supervisory duties as soon as the CEO became President of A&M. And you would think over 20 years of service, at least ONE of exec administration would have hosted a going away reception for him. My contacts say no, they ALLL stayed FAR away from him. Highly distrusted by the faculty, researchers, System officials and especially the Board of Regents. Extremely liberal politically. As one person told me, he screwed up every single thing he touched while CFO. In WAY over his head. Needs to return to student affairs and regrow his ponytail.
a and m student

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

i dont know anything about this, but as a student there i can say that i see a lot of petty politics in the administration and teachers. there is a lot of corruption and i for one am really sorry i went to school here (graduate school). would do it over if i could. good for anybody to get out of the nepotistic hellhole.
Concerned Taxpayer

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2014

Last week details of UNT's $83.5 misuse of state funds were revealed. Althought we heard that UNT's top financial officers were no longer there, nothing was mentioned about the fact that Terry Pankratz, currently Vice President of Finance at UTD, served as Vice Chancelor of Finance at UNT during the period of time when these irregularities were occuring. Pankratz fired from Texas A&M, left UNT just in time before the UNT scandal hit the press. UTD got Pankratz for his "big university" experience. Good luck UTD!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••