Your turn: Smoking has no place on SCSU campus

May 14, 2011 Full story: Saint Cloud Times

I write today in response to the May 1 Your Turn 'Smoking policy goes against teachings of SCSU professors.' The commentary states mainly that the behavior of smoking should be acceptable at the university because smokers as a group are part of the 'diversity' encouraged at St.

Full Story
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#1 May 14, 2011
I was a bit surprised that no one in the comments or the opinion piece brought up the diametric opposition in function between a university intended to open opportunities and brighten futures and smoking intended to sustain nicotine addiction and line the pockets of the industry execs at the expense of darkening futures and--given the trends of today--limit opportunities.
YouHadBetter

Frederick, MD

#2 May 15, 2011
Hugh Jass wrote:
I was a bit surprised that no one in the comments or the opinion piece brought up the diametric opposition in function between a university intended to open opportunities and brighten futures and smoking intended to sustain nicotine addiction and line the pockets of the industry execs at the expense of darkening futures and--given the trends of today--limit opportunities.
Get your fat ass off our forum!
just candid

AOL

#3 May 15, 2011
YouHadBetter wrote:
<quoted text>Get your fat ass off our forum!
You and your ilk are why we need laws. When it comes to show how shallow you are, you're a pushover. When people like you open their mouth, they only show their ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Cloud State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charges say St. Paul man, upset over ticket, th... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Joe Blow 1
Trio of businessmen wants to make it easier to ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Constanza Paramo 9
30 years later, gay rights case still relevant (Mar '13) Mar '13 Fa-Foxy 4
Dysphoria: A medical condition within (Nov '11) Nov '11 TerryE 1
Unemployed recent college graduates might have ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Tru Dat 1
SCSU considers recovery house (Feb '11) Feb '11 goose 1
Thieves loot SCSU studentsa digs (Dec '10) Dec '10 Ted 1
More from around the web