Las Cruces company to work with Spaceport America's security contractor

Aug 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

The New Mexico Spaceport Authority has awarded Albuquerque-based Fiore Industries Inc., a security contract that could reach $2.3 million, for Spaceport America.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WATCHDOG1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 19, 2011
 

Judged:

5

3

2

What happened to giving the contract to someone in the Counties being taxed for the Spaceport?
uh huh

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 19, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

WATCHDOG1 wrote:
What happened to giving the contract to someone in the Counties being taxed for the Spaceport?
It aint happening because the Santa Fe politicians don't know anybody south of Albuquerque.
Elsie YesSir

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

This junk about going to an Albuquerque company is just a continuation of past practices, and I had hoped that our Las Cruces governor would change things, but ... Oh well!!
Hannah

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The southern part of the state is left to once again fend for itself. Coming from the southeastern part of the state, it is evident we aren't allotted the same consideration as the northern side. I am beginning to feel like a foreigner in my own state.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 9, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

Hannah wrote:
The southern part of the state is left to once again fend for itself. Coming from the southeastern part of the state, it is evident we aren't allotted the same consideration as the northern side. I am beginning to feel like a foreigner in my own state.
They only care about us during the election cycle.
watchdog1

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

The people of the counties that are paying the taxes for this scam had a chance to vote it down at the start.
Past practices should have told them it would turn out this way.
Also expect that sales taxes to start creeping up as the years go buy.
I believe it already has,but I'm not saying that for sure.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Why even waste money on security since the only people who can afford to fly are the bloody rich millionaires to begin with.

All those people do is steal our money.

I suggest Rill Richardson and Branson pay the full cost since both are ripping us off.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Those who can afford a flight should also be paying for the security of the area. NO PUBLIC MONIES should have EVER been spent on this white elephant.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

I'm surprised they haven't proposed a Rail Runner connection to the Spaceport. Guess fat Bill wasn't in office long enough to put that one through.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Remember 9-11 wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't proposed a Rail Runner connection to the Spaceport. Guess fat Bill wasn't in office long enough to put that one through.
Not so loud, some will start demanding it be done, like Sandia Casino demanded the state put a Rail Runner stop just for those who want to gamble and they pick them up.

If they wanted it they should have paid for it.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Remember 9-11 wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't proposed a Rail Runner connection to the Spaceport. Guess fat Bill wasn't in office long enough to put that one through.
Actually one spokesman did propose extending Rail Runner service to Spaceport America in one interview I saw on TV.
SpaceCadet

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

WATCHDOG1 wrote:
What happened to giving the contract to someone in the Counties being taxed for the Spaceport?
You should watch the video of a ride out to the boondoggle
http://www.gadling.com/2011/09/09/dirt-road-d...

It looks like a tear down project neglected since the 1960s.
aa jondo

Alcalde, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

SpaceCadet wrote:
<quoted text>
You should watch the video of a ride out to the boondoggle
http://www.gadling.com/2011/09/09/dirt-road-d...
It looks like a tear down project neglected since the 1960s.
I interact with alot of the few people from out of county and state who are working on this, and they say the inside is way far from finished with lots of change orders. At any one time, there have been maybe 100 to 125 people working there, and not at all the great numbers fed to the Sierra County and dona Ana County voters. Sierra County, of course, overwhlmingly passed the tax and Dona Ana barely passed it and smart Otero County turned it down. It is already over budget and a few years behind schedule. The last I saw, the rocket ship still is not complete and has only passed glide tests, which means very little. The place needs a big for sale sign on it. A lot of people in Sierra County want to repeal the tax, but are afraid to speak up against the politicians who are in denial on the project and who will do their best to ruin anyone who goes against their Richardson's Folly!

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Remember 9-11 wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't proposed a Rail Runner connection to the Spaceport. Guess fat Bill wasn't in office long enough to put that one through.
A furthering of the FailRunner line has been proposed and looked at closely t/f LC. A spur t/f the SpacePORK wouldn't be beyond the realm of probability by liberal FailRunner advocates should the former come true. All though if it did, the ticket prices may increase meaning state employees would be all hurt, up in arms and wanting a subsidy<G>. ACLU and AFSCME would probably back such a subsidy.-= FAILRUNNER STIMULUS =- I'm sure glad our new Governor is smarter than that!!!

If the FailRunner ever runs t/f LC then BOHICA!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 11, 2011
 
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
A furthering of the FailRunner line has been proposed and looked at closely t/f LC. A spur t/f the SpacePORK wouldn't be beyond the realm of probability by liberal FailRunner advocates should the former come true. All though if it did, the ticket prices may increase meaning state employees would be all hurt, up in arms and wanting a subsidy<G>. ACLU and AFSCME would probably back such a subsidy.-= FAILRUNNER STIMULUS =- I'm sure glad our new Governor is smarter than that!!!
If the FailRunner ever runs t/f LC then BOHICA!!!
Do you think you could elaborate on the system of code that you use to communicate in your posts? All of the extra punctuation and unexplained abbreviations make it really hard for the rest of us to follow. LOL!
SpaceCadet

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

aa jondo wrote:
<quoted text> The last I saw, the rocket ship still is not complete and has only passed glide tests, which means very little.
Check out the engines on this ground test prototype. http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/1295...

To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!!! Outer space, here we come! Woooo!!!
aa jondo

Espanola, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SpaceCadet wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out the engines on this ground test prototype. http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/1295...
To infinity and beyond!!!!!!!!!! Outer space, here we come! Woooo!!!
Yup! The engine works. Now if they can just make the ship that requires it work. I recall a year or so ago a story on KOB 4, that said the new CEO for Virgin said the first flight would be delayed for 5 years. When I tried to get that confirmed by the $paceport Authority, I got no response! Then a week later came out a new story saying everything is on schedule. I would say from the looks of things, the first story was correct and the $paceport Authority got back on track with false stories again--damage control!?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What do the Space Sport and Rail Runner have in common?

Both costly, worthless projects funded by taxpayers under the Pay to Play Fat Boy Richardson administration.

And our current Governor Susana Martinez is having a hard time if at all trying to stop funding both projects.
chihuahuan

Truth Or Consequences, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Space Cadet has misidentified the engine featured in the linked video as the engine to be used for the Virgin Galactic Space Ship II. The engine shown is a jet engine of the type used in the old F4 Phantom, either a Wright J68 or a GE J79. Space Ship II is designed to be propelled by a rocket motor. Jet engines will not work at the proposed altitudes. Powered flight testing of the rocket motor,a hybrid of solid and liquid fuel, has yet to be conducted or at least not has not been reported.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 11, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you could elaborate on the system of code that you use to communicate in your posts? All of the extra punctuation and unexplained abbreviations make it really hard for the rest of us to follow. LOL!
It was done for the sake of brevity. Typically one can read the text and get the gist of what the abbreviations mean, those with the ability to chain more than one thing together anyway. Since you seem to lack that and need a lesson, here goes<G>!

- t/f = to from
- LC = Las Cruces
- SpacePORK, a common twist to the name Spaceport
- ACLU, you already know what Union that is
- AFSCME, I suspect you know what Union that is too
- BOHICA = bend over here it comes again

OK? End of lesson for the day, night night!
Don't like the punctuation or capitalization, oh well!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology Discussions

Search the New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fired academic claims discrimination (May '12) May '12 Not 2
Richardson backs change for screening NM regents (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Who 1
•••
•••
•••
•••