At Rest for 50 Years

Mar 14, 2010 Full story: Perry County News

Editor's Note: John Christie, a retired professor of English at Indiana State University, penned a two-part story about the 1960 Electra crash that was published in The News in 1993.

Full Story
Skip White

Portland, OR

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Thank you for posting your stories about the Northwest Orient Airlines electra crash of 17 March 1960. the articles were most impressive and 99% factual. As an employee, I was assigned to call next of kin whom I could reach by telephone the night of the accident. Two weeks lateer I was reassigned to Indianapolis to generate sales for NWA. The caring,sympathy and efforts of the community for the victims and families is unequalied in the ten other states and two other countries in which I have resided duriing my career and retirement years. You have a special spirit and warmth unequaled on this planet. Skip White - Retired Sales Manager NWA - Portland, OR
hoosier

Itasca, IL

#2 Apr 26, 2010
my father was born and raised in tell city. after ww2, he stayed near the indianapolis area. upon learning that the plane had crashed, he went to tell city and stayed at granpas while he helped search the area. he was afraid that scavengers would intrude the area and that the people of his hometown would be judged in a harsh manner if looters converged on the area.
don

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2014
hoosier wrote:
my father was born and raised in tell city. after ww2, he stayed near the indianapolis area. upon learning that the plane had crashed, he went to tell city and stayed at granpas while he helped search the area. he was afraid that scavengers would intrude the area and that the people of his hometown would be judged in a harsh manner if looters converged on the area.
That's awesome. Your story touches my heart! God Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana State University Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police officer shot Saturday in Ferguson, Mo. Sep '14 cops are liars an... 3
Is outdoor education the way of the future? (Feb '14) Aug '14 MaltaMon 7
Ind. State Groups Affirm Opposition to Gay Marr... (Dec '13) Dec '13 nhjeff 18
Statue of Larry Bird erected on ISU campus (Nov '13) Nov '13 Walter Cronkite 22
Kopinski is Toll Road, Fort Wayne posts area co... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Harleyblb 1
Training exercise for local fire dept. (Jul '13) Jul '13 Insider 2
ISU opens interactive exhibit of the Bayh family (May '13) Jun '13 j quote 8
More from around the web