At Rest for 50 Years

Mar 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Perry County News

Editor's Note: John Christie, a retired professor of English at Indiana State University, penned a two-part story about the 1960 Electra crash that was published in The News in 1993.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Skip White

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Thank you for posting your stories about the Northwest Orient Airlines electra crash of 17 March 1960. the articles were most impressive and 99% factual. As an employee, I was assigned to call next of kin whom I could reach by telephone the night of the accident. Two weeks lateer I was reassigned to Indianapolis to generate sales for NWA. The caring,sympathy and efforts of the community for the victims and families is unequalied in the ten other states and two other countries in which I have resided duriing my career and retirement years. You have a special spirit and warmth unequaled on this planet. Skip White - Retired Sales Manager NWA - Portland, OR
hoosier

Hanover Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

my father was born and raised in tell city. after ww2, he stayed near the indianapolis area. upon learning that the plane had crashed, he went to tell city and stayed at granpas while he helped search the area. he was afraid that scavengers would intrude the area and that the people of his hometown would be judged in a harsh manner if looters converged on the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••