Columbia, South America's undiscovered gem

Jan 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BellaOnline

Colombia is a victim of image. To many it may be painted in the surrealistic brush strokes of a Gabriel Marquez novel or in the inflated features of a Botero sculpture; it may be the turf of drug barons or the battleground of guerilla groups.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Rob Caro

Colombia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2012

The title "Columbia" is not correct. Should be "Colombia."
gringo

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Let me quess, she is an expert on colombian culture but somehow cannot spell nthe name of the country she is an expert on
MDP

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

The authors of these articles don't write the headlines. They have a headline mill, if you will, that handles that chore and though they sometimes come up with clever one-liner headlines, these people are largely uneducated. I don't know who is specifically responsible for this headline, but I believe his name is Moe Ron Inamerica. He lives on your street. And my street. And your street, etc...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

MDP wrote:
The authors of these articles don't write the headlines. They have a headline mill, if you will, that handles that chore and though they sometimes come up with clever one-liner headlines, these people are largely uneducated. I don't know who is specifically responsible for this headline, but I believe his name is Moe Ron Inamerica. He lives on your street. And my street. And your street, etc...
It's results me interesting how worried we are about people making fun or reference to the drug problem, misspelling Colombia or mistaken us by citizens of a different latin American nation, but how little we care when it comes to the issues that affect our country. As if this issues were a given.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Meta, Colombia Discussions

Search the Meta, Colombia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pope names six new cardinals with global flavor (Nov '12) Feb '14 misharus 236
Cultural politics in Colombia: Whose statues? Dec '13 Roblogger 1
Famed ex-hostage runs for Colombia president Nov '13 Natalie 1
Make Politics, Not War Nov '13 cherokeeGayMojon 5
PGA awards 'Akilisi the Defender of Democracy A... Nov '13 Augustine 25
Peasant farmers defeat monsanto's puppet Santos... (Sep '13) Sep '13 one 1
Kerry works to shore up relations with Brazil (Aug '13) Aug '13 mjjcpa 5
•••
•••